good hip hop (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
So then you're not really in a position to make assumptions about it.
I don't listen regularly because i can't find any good stuff...even bloody steam punk is better, If the genre weren't so commercialized it would be much better...anything produced solely to sell is normally crap, hip hop dominates the top 40, thats prob where it's awfulness comes from...If anyone can post something where they sing instead of talk, I'd be happy...but would t still be hip hop?

Last edited:
HSC
I don't listen regularly because i can't find any good stuff...even bloody steam punk is better, If the genre weren't so commercialized it would be much better...anything produced solely to sell is normally crap, hip hop dominates the top 40, thats prob where it's awfulness comes from...If anyone can post something where they sing instead of talk, I'd be happy...but would t still be hip hop?
Would you listen to Arabic hip hop if I posted up some links?
Don't you like Public Enemy, Immortal Technique etc? Also, a lot of great hip hop isn't mainstream.

Arctopus

HSC
You are ridiculously stupid.

pman

Banned
HSC
I would listen to arabic hip hop...I would listen to anything that is either instrumental, the vocals are sung or the only reason they aren't sung is artistic and the vocalist can actually sing

Arctopus

HSC
I would listen to arabic hip hop...I would listen to anything that is either instrumental, the vocals are sung or the only reason they aren't sung is artistic and the vocalist can actually sing
There's thousands of genres of music out there that all have singing in them, hip-hop is not generally regarded as one of them. How about you just listen to something else and deal with the fact that you'll never be able to say you like hip hop on your Facebook profile.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I like,

Eminem ft. Nate Dogg - Till I collapse
Magnetic North - Demons

HSC
Yeah, I suggested Arabic hip hop because it's a little different. It contains Arabic instrumentals and some singing. Here's a clip of Palestinian hip hop, have a listen:

[youtube]Gt5zLEfTQ6g[/youtube]

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rx5aVI2zsFE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rx5aVI2zsFE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
great album

my fave:
YouTube - Blackstar - Respiration ft. Common

HSC
violent delights, here some more palestinian hip hop for you:

[youtube]5Z-_EBWJg1s[/youtube]

seriously, how can you take arab rap seriously? it leaves me in stitches

HSC
I don't care, I like it.

Arabic is a beautiful language, and I enjoy listening to political hip hop and spoken word.

The artist in the vid you posted hails from Western Sydney and is more concerned with the suburbs. I'm more into the global hip hop scene (many diff languages) and I like intense political rap concerning identity, social commentary etc

HSC
i don't care, i like it.

Arabic is a beautiful language, and i enjoy listening to political hip hop and spoken word.

The artist in the vid you posted hails from western sydney and is more concerned with the suburbs. I'm more into the global hip hop scene (many diff languages) and i like intense political rap concerning identity, social commentary etc
parklea! Punchbowl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)