Do we need a standing military? (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Article, please read.

Now, I'm not talking specifically about australia; the article is actually about America.

The question is, is it in our best interests to have a standing army, or should we rely on militias to defend us?

If you're going to not read the article and reply with some mindless "hurr that is dumb" response, then fuck you cunt.

HSC
Not to the extent of the USA anyway. Australia has a small, highly professional and technical standing army, which i like. Good to maintain skills and shit. And to train militias etc

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
don't need one waste of money

countries with nuclear weapons like America don't need a standing army because you got fucking NUKES!!

and countries that have a large force and are similar in technology you guessed it !!!! also have nukes.

and I'm guessing they are smart enough to want to avoid a nuclear apocalypse ..........................................................i hope.............

war is costly and inefficient civilised countries these days would rather use some diplomacy because they are far more interested in trading with one another.

or you know if you are really pissed at a country just get everybody that loves you to place huge tariffs on that country XD

0bs3n3

HSC
Look I think it's good you're thinking progressively and all that but the Muslim world isn't, so until then....

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Look I think it's good you're thinking progressively and all that but the Muslim world isn't, so until then....

The west has nukes so they won't get invaded, and iraq, vietnam etc have shown that even against the greatest military in history, guerilla warfare is most effective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)