Thoughts on the dole (2 Viewers)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Given Tony Abbott's recent comments, what do all of you guys think about the dole in this country? Have you ever been on it? How many people do you think are scamming it? Is it even worth it? Do you think it should be cut or increased? This is something I'm interested in so please give me your opinions.

Garygaz

HSC
dole is fucking abused to the shit house. when i was at school i was a bit of a WoW nerd and used to go to net cafes a bit. met a few guys who were on the dole who played games literally 18 hours a day 7 days a week.

there are people who legitimately need it though there are also cunts in the world.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The system is pretty effective at making getting a job and staying in it the path of least resistance. Being on newstart is worse than having a job.

The unemployed are easy targets for political capital, it's a marginal contribution to Australia's overall welfare bill. There's nothing better than anecdotal evidence that abuse of the system is common. With the prohibitive barriers that the government has set up that restrict the capacity of businesses to employ people, and restrict the ability of individuals to practice entrepreneurship in a wide range of industries, I think by putting these barriers in place, the government then takes on a moral responsibility to provide some assistance to ameliorate the harm caused by these financial barriers.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Given Tony Abbott's recent comments, what do all of you guys think about the dole in this country? Have you ever been on it? How many people do you think are scamming it? Is it even worth it? Do you think it should be cut or increased? This is something I'm interested in so please give me your opinions.
get rid of the dole, minimum wage, and unfair dismissal laws and watch the unemployment rate plummet to an all time low

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
The system is pretty effective at making getting a job and staying in it the path of least resistance. Being on newstart is worse than having a job.

The unemployed are easy targets for political capital, it's a marginal contribution to Australia's overall welfare bill. There's nothing better than anecdotal evidence that abuse of the system is common. With the prohibitive barriers that the government has set up that restrict the capacity of businesses to employ people, and restrict the ability of individuals to practice entrepreneurship in a wide range of industries, I think by putting these barriers in place, the government then takes on a moral responsibility to provide some assistance to ameliorate the harm caused by these financial barriers.
One might ask whether this situation is preferable to an alternative in which more people are working, but more people are also living in poverty when those restrictions you speak of are removed!

BigBoyJames__

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck me mate, imagine and ethnic on a dole? fucking white trash i western sydney would be asking for my head.

luckily ive never been on the dole, I know a few people that have who are in the late 20's who actually needed the fucking dole to survive. however the cunts our age fucking abuse the thing to the shit house.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
One might ask whether this situation is preferable to an alternative in which more people are working, but more people are also living in poverty when those restrictions you speak of are removed!
look i don't know about all that airy fairy rubbish but let me ask you this

would the unemployment rate be lower

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
look i don't know about all that airy fairy rubbish but let me ask you this

would the unemployment rate be lower
probably not

i mean, it's not like all the ppl currently on the dole are entrepeneurs being held back by government regulation, lol

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
probably not

i mean, it's not like all the ppl currently on the dole are entrepeneurs being held back by government regulation, lol
actually i have some pretty good ideas for a new type of bong that would make for a very profitable manufacturing venture if only the government would stop suppressing this red hot industry

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
no you wouldn't

have you been to your local centrelink office lately

needless to say a bunch of aboriginals in tracksuit pants and no shoes and bogans askin you for a "smoke dere cousin" are not going to be establishing any fortune 500 companies any time soon, over-regulation or not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)