How would you transit 4U maths to Yr 10 (1 Viewer)

Varin9

HSC
In the thread, i a looking or questions that would compare the difficult of yr 12 4U maths, to yr 10 questions
Please write a few examples

Worderd Wrongly
What i actaully want to ask

The level of questions that are asked in 4U maths, how would a year 10 question for a year 10 be the same difficulty,( if a 4U maths question can oly be answered by 2% of year 12's, how would a year 10 question be like if it also can only be answered by 2% of year 10's).

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
In the thread, i a looking or questions that would compare the difficult of yr 12 4U maths, to yr 10 questions
??? why would we bother posting it since you don't understand it and hence would find it difficult even if it was just simple integration?

it doesn't make sense

HSC
Uni Grad
average yr 10 questions = first few questions of the maths 2U paper which are extremely easy
average yr 12 4U questions are much much harder than that
but if you're intelligent enough you won't find 4U as difficult as what everyone says...

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
I think OP is trying to find really hard year 10 questions that are to average year 10 questions as 4U questions are to average year 12 2U question. If that makes any sense.

In which case there isn't really any point, it's too abstract a concept considering all the different topics. If you're really good at maths and enjoy it 4U is for you otherwise, probably not. In either case you still have year 11 to decide.

Varin9

HSC
I think OP is trying to find really hard year 10 questions that are to average year 10 questions as 4U questions are to average year 12 2U question. If that makes any sense.

In which case there isn't really any point, it's too abstract a concept considering all the different topics. If you're really good at maths and enjoy it 4U is for you otherwise, probably not. In either case you still have year 11 to decide.

Yeah, im just trying to see how hard yr 12 4U maths would be to me in my year

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Not exactly sure what you're looking for here but check some past papers?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
it doesn't make sense to ask for a comparison

it's like me asking to see questions in number theory to 'see how hard it is', how the hell can i fathom how hard it is if i don't understand the basics?

MetroMattums

HSC
Calculus. That is all you need to know.

Oh and some other random number concepts related to probability and complex numbers.

Misyndo

HSC
You'll shit a brick.
Don't do 4u maths. Heck, stick with General Maths to be safe.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
The level of questions that are asked in 4U maths, how would a year 10 question for a year 10 be the same difficulty,( if a 4U maths question can oly be answered by 2% of year 12's, how would a year 10 question be like if it also can only be answered by 2% of year 10's).
Personally, I don't think there would be a good equivalent example. The School Certificate is the end goal for year 10 students and it's not designed to be answered by only 2% of candidates so if you're trying to find extra super extremely hard year 10 questions you're kind of wasting your time.

kcqn93

HSC
You'll shit a brick.
+1

MX2 kills my life and a shit load of trees. Do General Maths and save the environment!

undalay

HSC

Worderd Wrongly
What i actaully want to ask

Explain your answer.
Difficulty wise, its not THAT much harder.
It's more like, 4u has about 10x as much content as year 10.

Question:
Is it possible to cover a 7 by 7 square with
non-overlapping 3 by 1 rectangles?
Explain your answer.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll shit a brick.
+2

In terms of comparison.. it's like all the worst, most devilish and evil parts of 3U got together and interbred and had wild incestuous mutant satan babies that cry all night and spew fire and stuff.

Or in terms of insects, 2U is like a pretty ladybeetle. 3U is like those daddy long legs spiders that look a little creepy but don't actually hurt you. And 4U is like.. the human centipede, or something, I don't know =\

Ergo: don't do 4U. it's evil :evilfire:

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
+2

And 4U is like.. the human centipede, or something, I don't know =\

Nooo, don't bring that shit up.

4unit isn't too bad, just need to put in a lot of effort.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
+2

In terms of comparison.. it's like all the worst, most devilish and evil parts of 3U got together and interbred and had wild incestuous mutant satan babies that cry all night and spew fire and stuff.

Or in terms of insects, 2U is like a pretty ladybeetle. 3U is like those daddy long legs spiders that look a little creepy but don't actually hurt you. And 4U is like.. the human centipede, or something, I don't know =\

:spzz:

But 4U isn't as hard as it's made out to be. Sure there's ridiculously difficult questions but then you get papers like last year's, where the first 4 questions were really very kind IIRC. Also, proven method: skip anything that looks difficult, scrape maybe 67-70% raw and end up with a band six ;). Then sit back and enjoy the scaling. Good system.

stampede

doin it tuff
HSC
hmm, seeing as how only tommykins and 5701i have actually completed the 4unit course and got it over and done with, i dont know why all the other 10'ers and 11'ers are posting like they know shit...

to the OP, you havent even finished year 10, you've got pretty much about 2 years to go.. dude 2unit itself is different to school cert maths wen you first start it, you'll realise this as soon as you start 2unit, youll know wat im sayin.

likewise 4unit would be another step up after 2unit, if you decide to take it up, you'll need to have a passion for maths and put in the effort, with that, everything'll be fine (if ur not a retard ie)

for now forget about it, at least till u finish ur SC.

/thread.

Dhoni

HSC
N/A
i dunno about you....but i hav read the initial question 5 times...and im CONFUSED! likee waaahhh???!!

and other ppl have tried to decode it but still....

btw wats the point of ur question...jus get to yr 12 and do 4u and then compare it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)