Let's regulate relationship (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
We already do regulate many relationships, been to the family court lately?

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Oh nos, are they going to tax you based on the hotness of your gf?

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
How's the US govt going on that front at the moment?
I'm pretty pro-BP; just playing devil's advocate.

I guess the core question is how does a small government deal with huge problems/disasters ? Considering we've had an incredibly large amount of them (well, greater than average) in the past year. Also don't say big government caused the disasters.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
screw "small government", think stateless society

basically read this

main point:
Right, state programs are known for being horribly incompetent because they are disconnected from that which they regulate. That is, if you own a lake, you have much more concern over the well being of that lake than if you are just the appointed caretaker of a community lake, and thus are much less likely to be bribed or cut corners on safety - because it’s YOUR lake. And the Gulf of Mexico would be THEIR GULF, and so the people who make their living off the gulf would be much better at deciding upon the caretakers than a monopoly regulatory agency and would probably hold the caretakers financially liable for any disaster - that would be like making the department of the interior financially liable for granting BP a categorical exclusion from inspection.

Last edited:

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
Why should BP fix the leak in a stateless society, I see no consequences for them if they choose not to.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
In a stateless society, wouldn't all the property eventually be owned by 1 or 2 giant corporations? After which they could impose more or less whatever conditions they wanted on the people?

slab

HSC
Every year millions of Australians are hurt by bad relationships. Not only is it bad for people's wellbeing, it costs us billions of hours of lost productivity and causes the spread of deadly diseases.

The government should issue sex licences for people who have been checked for STDs. People with sex licences may practice sex in a government sanctioned relationship for up to 6 months.

I'm all for freedom, but there are some areas where the government has a COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE. This is simple economics. Clearly, due to the large asymmetry of information, the government it best placed to pair people with appropriate partners. By only allowing licenced people to have sex with partners chosen by the state we would reduce STD's and increase general happiness, and reduce wasted time on bad relationships.

This is EVIDENCE BASED POLICY and would be based on science.

Of course, there will always be a few whack job libertarians who believe they know better than our nation's top scientists and relationship experts. These heartless criminals are free to opt out of the system they despise so much and move to Somalia or some other shinning example of their murderous, lunatic ideology.

I propose a new department called the Ministry of Love be created immediately to help Australians form better relationships.

Hello George Orwell =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)