• Group: $40hr or more

Votes: 78 7.6%
  • Group: Other (pelase post below)

Votes: 7 0.7%

• Total voters

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Reminds me of what our Physics teacher told us about one of his Grammar coaching students.

Teacher: "Why do you want to get coaching?"
Student: "Umm, I'm coming 2nd, I want to come 1st"

.... like WTF :S
that would be me :D

WARNING: Don't go to tutoring for a place that charges you beyond $40 an hour. It's a rip off!!!!!!!! YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF SELF STUDYING.

I paid $60 an hour to go to this private tutor, who I assumed must be good considering the expensive coaching rate, but this tutor is SO BAD!!!!! She doesn't have experience + I know more than her, considering the fact that she's a university student.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Well I think my teacher that charges $120 per 1.5 hours is quite good for 1 on 1 tutoring.

Let me know if you want his details for tutoring for 2U, 3U or 4U maths.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What would be a reasonable price for high school leavers who got:
  1. High ATAR (99+ for example)
  2. High 90s in the subjects that he/she wishes to pursue in tutoring
  3. 1.5 years of informal tutoring experience?
$25-30 perhaps?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
What would be a reasonable price for high school leavers who got:
  1. High ATAR (99+ for example)
  2. High 90s in the subjects that he/she wishes to pursue in tutoring
  3. 1.5 years of informal tutoring experience?
$25-30 perhaps?
for first year of tutoring, I'm thinking maybe $20
and then slowly increase after three years of tutoring.

mioumiou

HSC
Well I think my teacher that charges $120 per 1.5 hours is quite good for 1 on 1 tutoring.

Let me know if you want his details for tutoring for 2U, 3U or 4U maths.
My maths teacher at school charge $120/h but she's more experience. The problem is that when she started to explain.... she confuses me, but when I look at the textbook, I've learnt more stuff rather than having her explaining the concepts to me. She's a nice person though =)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Are you kidding? For those kinds of marks you could definitely charge more than $20.

Of course, someone could have come out with a mark of 100 and be a horrible tutor. The highest marks don't make someone a good communicator. Equally, someone could have received a low to mid 90s exam mark on the day and still be a brilliant tutor.

On the other hand though, I guess it also largely depends how much demand there is for tutors in the area, how far you have to travel, how much outside work you're expected to do etc.

Mr_Illiterate

HSC
N/A
For someone with 1.5 year of exp, I would pay no more than $25 ph unless they are really good.

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone!

I've been looking at some different ways to make more money and came up with tutoring. Can someone give me advice on tutoring primary-school age children? Do you have to be a certain age/experience level before you're allowed?How much should a senior school student charge? Also any tips or advice would be most welcome! Thanks in advance!

rolandgill98

HSC
N/A
The tutoring charge depending on the skill and reputation of the tutors. Thus we have to pay more to a good tutor and less to a bad one according to our satisfaction.

HunterTuition

HSC
N/A
The rate charged depends also on who is doing the tutoring. If it is a uni student who gets paid in cash and doesn't declare this income (ie wont pay tax) and doesnt have public liability insurance etc etc they will be able to charge alot less than the more reputable companies.

You should ensure your tutor comes from an organisation that has all the correct insurance and background checks done prior. Otherwise you are asking for trouble.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
My maths teacher at school charge $120/h but she's more experience. The problem is that when she started to explain.... she confuses me, but when I look at the textbook, I've learnt more stuff rather than having her explaining the concepts to me. She's a nice person though =)
Define the term "nice."

bbutlerau

PHd Student
HSC
What would be a reasonable rate for me to charge.. i am a chemistry PhD student with a B.Sc (hons) in nanotech major in chem. i have done turoring for 1st year uni students in chemistry through lab demonstration.
i was thinking $30-$40 for High school Chem math and Physics and $40-$50 for university level chemistry

HSC
Uni Grad
Was about to go to a tutor to help me with Japanese, $30 per hour, $50 for 1.5 hours. Reasonable. Then I went with someone the same price for an hour, but she was horrible, didn't help me, just gave me the answer without explaining why so, and it was a waste for an hour and a half. But I felt bad, because she didn't have a job and she had a kid, eventually she got a job in the City.

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't pay a thing for my maths extension 2 tutor :D He was a teacher at my school (Merewether High School), the best teacher they had, he's now retired and tutors a handful of us Merewether kids for free, the only thing he asks for in exchange is that we donate regularly to a charity of his. What a legend.

alanvilay

HSC
Discounted Assistance For Students K-12 Struggling With Maths or English

For 2 Hours of Assistance for ONLY $12.50 - Our team of teachers will have all your questions answered! Not only will you have these problems solved - you will walk out the door with a boost in confidence that will move you towards taking on harder questions over time.

Please contact Alan - 0421 928 120. Limited spots are available! We are here and committed to making a difference to your learning and development - money shouldn't have to be an issue here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)