What should i do at the gym (1 Viewer)

amirite

HSC
Post your routine + diet

are you doing a compound routine or 4/5 day split?
My diet when I was putting on basically a kilo every 2 weeks was pretty much an all you can eat bulk. 3000-4000cals a day easy. Eat whatever I wanted just making sure I hit the gym consistently and hard.

Routine. Try to hit everything 3 times a fortnight or so.
Upper-back/shoulders
rest
Chest
Legs
Arms + deadlifts
rest
repeat (none of this monday - chest, wednesday - back, strict scheduled shit. If I felt good I would go in.)

Back/shoulders:
BB bent over rows 5 sets
Seated cable rows 4 sets
Pulldowns 4 sets
Chest supported T-bar rows 4 set
DB seated shoulder press 4 sets
Arnold Press 3 sets
Cable rear delt flyes 4 sets 12-15
Cable lat delt raises 4 sets 12-15 reps
DB shrugs (Traps) 4 sets

Legs:
Back Squat 5 sets
SLDL 3 sets
Leg extension 2 sets
Leg Curl Seated 3 sets
Calf raises Standing
Calf Raises Seated
Lunges 2-3 sets (legs get shaky as hell around here)

Chest
BB or DB flat bench 5 sets
Cable Flyes 3-4 sets
DB or BB incline bench 3 sets
DB flyes or pec deck flyes 3-4 sets
Chest Dips 2 sets til failure

Arms + deadlifts (easier to go heavier on rows if theres no DL prior)
Deadlifts
Standing Alternating DB curls
Reverse curls
Preacher bench Hammer curls
Cable curls
CGBP
V-bar pushdowns
Dips
Reverse grip one-arm cable pulldowns

Rep range is important. I try to turn my 5RM into my 10RM as fast as possible. Thats my aim. 5 reps is for strength, 10 for growth, if I can bench my old 5RM for 10 reps then im obviously going to make adaptations.
So on main compounds (Seated DB press, bench, squat, DL, BB rows) 5 sets with roughly, 8, 5, 5, 8, 10 reps. Every now and then (perhaps once every month) I would do 5x10-12 or a pure focus on compound strength 5 sets (5, 3, 1, 3, 5).
8-12reps for other exercises because the ultimate goal is to grow.

I think the most important thing is attitude/intensity. You have to be willing to add weight regularly, you dont have to add 2.5kgs to every lift every week but if you feel youre up to the next set of DBs then at least give it a go. Dont wait until youre repping your current weight for 12, hit the next ones up even though you failed at 9 with the current ones. Nomsayin?

Oh yeah right now im on a keto so im cutting for a short time. Trying to get to <10%BF. Cannot wait to bulk again.
My split is basically Back, Chest/Tris, Shoulders/bis, Legs. Ideally when I bulk again ill have essentially the same split but I will put tris and bis on the same day to make an arm day and leave the other muscle groups all by themselves.

amirite

HSC
THIS. FML. GREATEST PHILOSOPHY EVER GIVEN.
so true everyone being hard "bro how much can you bench"
whats the point of being huge? doesnt necessarily mean youll win a fight or anything all that you can ever beat someone at is bench presses.. what an achievement in life
Well there sa correlation between having a strong bench and being built. Some people would rather look like this:
http://www.ayushveda.com/mens-magazine/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/physique.jpg
than this:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/104/286270136_40fa4dda5a.jpg?v=0

It doesn't have anything to do with fighting.

La Bomba

HSC
I ask them how much they bench. Then I hit em with "what about squat.. deadlift?" they usually have no idea what im on about.

Squat 135x6 (parallel)
DL 135x8

LOl bro i wouldnt be posting those stats, not impressive. I am currently at 78kg and around 8% body-fat, and yes i am around 7kg from my usual weight (mainly because I am not getting enough protein intake/eating enough). Anyway my maximum deadlift is 420lbs, which is around 190kgs. I have a 42 inch vertical leap.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
LOl bro i wouldnt be posting those stats, not impressive. I am currently at 78kg and around 8% body-fat, and yes i am around 7kg from my usual weight (mainly because I am not getting enough protein intake/eating enough). Anyway my maximum deadlift is 420lbs, which is around 190kgs. I have a 42 inch vertical leap.
post pics (no homo)

amirite

HSC
I know my stats are not impressive, they are still far from my goals...
My progress in roughly 5 months of training though was pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Now im 82kgs at 12%bf and I dont GAF about my vertical jump.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
My progress in roughly 5 months of training though was pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Now im 82kgs at 12%bf and I dont GAF about my vertical jump.
m8 unless you wanan become a bodybuilder y dont u concentrate on hsc.

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
THat's great progress but also noob gains (you said 5 months). If you don't want to plateau or become a fat ass i would nuance your routine/diet.

amirite

HSC
lol, I can cope fine with VCE and lifting 4 times a week. Im looking at a range of courses relating to health/fitness/exercise so what I do at the gym is relevant to a few potential careers.
TBH I think the idea of neglecting leisure time activity for the sake of getting a score much higher than I actually need is completely fucking ridiculous.

THat's great progress but also noob gains (you said 5 months). If you don't want to plateau or become a fat ass i would nuance your routine/diet.
True I made the most of my b00b gains. Now im cutting to sub 10% bodyfat ive been on a keto for over a month basically eating 15g of carbs a day for 6 days a week then doing a massive refeed. Im prepared to go to any lengths with the diet...
As a result im only able to train one body part per week (glycogen depletion...). When I get back to bulking I will do it slowly +500cals and will eat relatviely clean and move to a 5-day split: a chest, shoulders, back, arms, legs split.

John Dean

HSC
N/A
Fuck Bitches in the gym... LOL, Just kidding.
Bro, as you are a beginner, you have to keep certain things in mind just that you won't hurt yourself.
To reply to your answers, these are the best guide I found.
Hope it helps:
Rounder shoulder solution- posturedirect.com/how-to-fix-rounded-shoulders
www.asfitnesstips.com/working-beginner
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)