Uni Grad
Re: ANU 2011 Semester 1 Chatter Thread

ajd just wanted a spam thread where posts count... :p

haha

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

adjlinux, you would have moved in today? how was move in?
Moving in in a few hours. Currently posting from the lounge area opposite Gate 15, Terminal 3, Sydney Airport. So far has been good, my flights have been ahead of schedule and I have survived two checkpoints without being picked for a random explosives test (new personal record).

(if anyone doesnt know hes the ViceChancellor of anu, but he posts a bit on bos)
Yep, hence why I'm the mod. :p

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

I've been looking for about 3 weeks now for a room - this is so ridiculous compared to every other city in Australia.

Nelke

HSC

asudfy gaj,s er.

just moved in.

i'm still all energetic with excitement etcetc. kinda wanna go get my proof of age today except. i have no idea how to get around canberra so this might have to unfortunately wait :c

azsakura

HSC

asudfy gaj,s er.

just moved in.

i'm still all energetic with excitement etcetc. kinda wanna go get my proof of age today except. i have no idea how to get around canberra so this might have to unfortunately wait :c
Can the photo id in NSW be used?. Hows Warrumbul?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

Go walk around Civic, you'll need to know it! It's not far to the Civic Library Driver Licence Service to pick up a proof of age, and IIRC they're only $5. NSW ID is of course valid.

I'm still unpacking my stuff tonight - 26kg taken with me on the plane, 28kg posted to me (which I had to walk to the post office to get), and a carload of stuff underneath a friend's house. I don't know how I can have so much stuff...

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

So, since this thread is rather morbid, and lethargic I'll ask: Why did you guys choose to go to ANU? The prestige of the university, convenience of being close to your home, scholarship(s), or simply because they offered the course you wanted?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A

Why did you guys choose to go to ANU? The prestige of the university, convenience of being close to your home, scholarship(s), or simply because they offered the course you wanted?
Well it was ANU, UMelb ,UNSW or USyd.

Melb's enter was too high.
Don't want to live in Sydney.
ANU is the best for maths (imho) and Canberra looked okay for students to live in.

azsakura

HSC

Go walk around Civic, you'll need to know it! It's not far to the Civic Library Driver Licence Service to pick up a proof of age, and IIRC they're only $5. NSW ID is of course valid.

I'm still unpacking my stuff tonight - 26kg taken with me on the plane, 28kg posted to me (which I had to walk to the post office to get), and a carload of stuff underneath a friend's house. I don't know how I can have so much stuff...
OH dont worry. I literally brought my home with me. Asian parents, you know, oh bring this (salt) you'll need it, Oh bring this (Soy source), you'll need it. So loving but so heavy..

@Aquawhite:
I live in Sydney so it's nowhere close, and ANU was actually my second preference, the first one being USYD's Psychology. I didn't get it so i got into ANU, and i didn't want to wait for February round because i doubt i can get into anything else that i wanted. Also, sometime you just want to live away from family, and live by yourselves... Also Canberra is really quiet, and i don't really have a life so..., great study environment i guess. ALSO, ANU's a pretty good university(I've heard).

=D

Last edited:

vikraman

HSC

Some guy told me to go to uni, might be useful. I did a price/distance from home/ranking vector calculation for all english language universities and ANU came out no.1 the next day I bought a plane ticket.

/endstory

Nelke

HSC

I wanted to go to ANU 'cause of a variety of reasons that include moving away from home, wanting to leave Sydney, wanting to be more independent, wanting the campus experience etcetcetc. But mostly because ANU is Australia's best university and I reckon' that if I can, then the best is where I'd want to be c:

That and ANU is supposedly great if you want to get into the field of politics, so that's why I'm here.

@azsakura, warrumbul is great. Though. It really is like living in a hotel :| It's hard to make friends :c But it's still lovely anyway.

@ajdlinux, ahahaha, I walked from UniLodge to the Civic Area and back again probably four times today just shopping and trying to get myself a new phone-plan with Vodafone.

And I can get the card in Civic? I asked reception and they said I had to go to the RTA in Dickson or wherever :s

How do you guys have so many things to carry? D: Or rather, how can you carry all of it?! My room seems ridiculously empty right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)