• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Punchbowl KFC (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
also running a business isnt "private life"
you know why it's called the 'private sector', right?

look if this was some kind of government organisation I'd agree and be outraged too
but it's some dude running a chook shop

it's only imposed if you are coerced into buying things from that particular KFC

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Seriously if you're trolling meilz, A+ for effort

If you aren't

Just

ugh

You don't understand private ownership

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
see the way the laws work etc allows this to go on.

As lolsmith said if there was a fixed menu then this guy would have been getting busted.

I just think its silly that a franchise can and is allowed to cater like that.

I wouldn't really bother if it were some restaurant that had a fixed menu - like an indian one not selling beef dishes if it was their own restaurant and not part of a franchise that sells such dishes elsewhere.

But then again thats how these things work just like some meal deals being at specific hungry jacks or kfcs.

Just saying.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
FUCK I'M BEING TROLLED

i hate it when kfc doesn't serve pork, lol

nomoar

HSC
N/A
I know what you mean Jaundice, with the whole franchise image thing, but the owner can decide...plus, just a bit of perspective...it's just one KFC store that doesn't sell bacon...honestly...who cares? It doesn't affect anyone.

It only affects rednecks who think not havin bacon is violatin their way 0f lyf

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I know what you mean Jaundice, with the whole franchise image thing, but the owner can decide...plus, just a bit of perspective...it's just one KFC store that doesn't sell bacon...honestly...who cares? It doesn't affect anyone.

It only affects rednecks who think not havin bacon is violatin their way 0f lyf
or confused persio-FYROMians who think a league boofhead forum is a good source :haha:

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
I know perspective wise etc.

Its just silly. Its just silly that the laws let things like this happen because it causes conflict. Franchises should have some sort of set menu and shouldn't cater certain restaurants for ethic minorities or majorities. They should just order stock accordingly. It's not going to hurt anyone cooking some bacon or cooking some halal meat. I eat halal meat and I have no qualms. They don't have to touch the bacon with their ungloved hands and they aren't eating it.

Rules like that just help build a bigger religious/racial divide.

I know a lot of places out west that overly cater for muslims/ anyone ethnic looking because they are scared of them. Oh and whinging indians, i forgot to add they hate dealing with whinging indians.

So I can only guess that these people complain more and use their voice more to get what they want.

twistedrebel

HSC
Lol at meliz in this thread.

Its called private ownership, we live in Australia and we have that. Next time a kebab shop doesnt have bacon are you going to cry in outrage? What if an indian store has no beef? or a vegan shop has no meat? Its choice to eat their or not.
A quick google search will show you their is a KFC 1min away serving bacon.
Its a franchise, each franchise can do w.e within the guidelines. If you ever noticed each Macdonald's has its own prices because their a franchise and the franchisee can fix the prices as he see's fit, because its "private ownership"

Meliz I hope you are trolling if not, then you might be in the wrong country. Australia has private ownership.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ok
well

I ALWAYS THOUGHT that that as a franchise, the franchisee enters an agreement and sticks to the KFC guidelines which means serving everything on the menu
i remember something like this vaguely from year 12 business studies, this is what im going off. when someone can provide proper proof that the franchisee has the freedom to alter the fixed kfc menu provided by the franchisor, i stand corrected.

nomoar

HSC
N/A
I know perspective wise etc.

Its just silly. Its just silly that the laws let things like this happen because it causes conflict. Franchises should have some sort of set menu and shouldn't cater certain restaurants for ethic minorities or majorities. They should just order stock accordingly. It's not going to hurt anyone cooking some bacon or cooking some halal meat. I eat halal meat and I have no qualms. They don't have to touch the bacon with their ungloved hands and they aren't eating it.

Rules like that just help build a bigger religious/racial divide.

I know a lot of places out west that overly cater for muslims/ anyone ethnic looking because they are scared of them. Oh and whinging indians, i forgot to add they hate dealing with whinging indians.

So I can only guess that these people complain more and use their voice more to get what they want.
I'm not sure if they're not stocking bacon because they don't want to employees to handle it, I think it's more because they're targeting Muslims who live there. A Muslim living in Punchbowl would choose the halal/no bacon store over the normal store because they have the option. Most would eat at a normal store anywhere else/if not in the suburb, but given the option it's obvious which one they'd be lining up at. It's no use having a halal/no bacon store in Kellyville for example, but in Punchbowl they can be 'assured' over 20% of the pop would eat there.

If it's for employee reasons and handling bacon, then that is far-fetched, but I'm sure it's because of the demographics.

nomoar

HSC
N/A
ok
well

I ALWAYS THOUGHT that that as a franchise, the franchisee enters an agreement and sticks to the KFC guidelines which means serving everything on the menu
i remember something like this vaguely from year 12 business studies, this is what im going off. when someone can provide proper proof that the franchisee has the freedom to alter the fixed kfc menu provided by the franchisor, i stand corrected.
lol.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
what demographics? the 26% of muslims in punchbowl? lol

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
ok
well

you are welcome

KFC Australia said:
KFC Australia confirms that an incident occurred at a store in Western Sydney on 26 December 2010.

KFC Australia takes all customer complaints seriously and has engaged with the management of the store to fully investigate the incident.

KFC Australia strongly condemns the behaviour of the Team Member who appears in the clip and sincerely apologises for this very inappropriate reaction.

As a part of our continuing investigation, KFC has been offered statements from other customers who were in store at the time. These statements indicate that a dispute arose after a customer was unable to be served their preferred selection at this store which is Halal certified.

The Team Member has been interviewed, offered counseling and has been stood down until completion of the investigation.

KFC is committed to offering our customers choice. To that end, 3 of our 600 stores are certified Halal. These stores are in areas where there is a demand for Halal products and where there are also non-Halal stores in close proximity.
the end.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
hoo fucking ray

my bad for thinking kfc was as strict as mcdonalds. (mcdonalds being our franchise case study in yr 12)

nomoar

HSC
N/A
hoo fucking ray

my bad for thinking kfc was as strict as mcdonalds. (mcdonalds being our franchise case study in yr 12)
Mcdonalds has halal certified stores also...
Did you learn that in year 12?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)