99.95 ATAR, 99 Ext1 Maths, 98 Ext 2 Maths Tutoring - @ UNSW or Granville Region (1 Viewer)

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
no he doesnt, you are just making that up u dumb fuck, how would you even know.

You're just a dumb cunt that has everything written backwards, god you're a fuking retard !
I've seen him on webcam and Meilz92 goes to uni with him, he is confirmed buff IRL.

blackops23

HSC
Well, you could have got me for $20/hr in the christmas hollidays and freebies etc. but decided not. I would have been better than the other noob guy you got :p
I don't think he was noob... 98 for ext1/2 maths isn't really noob...

Genius102

Banned
HSC
N/A
I've seen him on webcam and Meilz92 goes to uni with him, he is confirmed buff IRL.
yeh k, even if that is true then the question becomes why the fuk were you talking to some random moderator cunt on webcam for, do you like guy on guy action. Were u showing each other your dicks?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH lolling irl

HSC
Uni Grad
yeh k, even if that is true then the question becomes why the fuk were you talking to some random moderator cunt on webcam for, do you like guy on guy action. Were u showing each other your dicks?
totes bro

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Agree with many of the things you say here, Pierre.

The high-charging centres (Intuition, Matrix, Pryor etc) charge around $1200/10 lessons which works out to roughly $40/hr. Multiply this by 10 students (if not 15) that is $400/hr. So you cannot say $40 - $50/hr for 1-on-1 is expensive.

The $20/hr comes from students who have recently completed HSC. They are happy to make $20/hr or go work @ NumberWorks, say, for $17/hr. Of course some of the fresh HSC graduates can be pretty good.

Oh, by the way, if anyone needs a 1-on-1 personal maths tutor in my area, please pm me. I'm no recent HSC graduate.

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
But yeh, just consider why the tutoring comapnies are cheaper than private tutors. Your cost is being spread over 15 other people , and your help is being spread over 15 others. They have economies of scale, they can afford to have a lower price than a private tutor because they get alot more sales ( and why do they get more sales you ask? , because they have slightly cheaper/ same price as private tutors), and when a person sees a tutoring company with the exact same price ( or slightly less ) as a private tutor then they seem to go for the tutor company because they have written notes, but the fact of the matter is, in a subject like maths notes will do very little for you , a good private tutor with lots of knowledge and tips and tricks will get you further than a tutoring companies' notes anyday.

Tutoring companies are not personalised, your teacher wont know your name, its much more awkward to ask quesstions and harder to ask questions in general, you get no out of class hours support ( If I ever did/do get anyone , which is very unlikely now, I would have encouraged them to email me questions anytime ) you dont get this from tutoring companies. Also , expanding on the previous point about no flexiability, there is no room nfor you to ask questions from previous weeks stuff, each week is a new topic! , whereas a private tutor would usually be very flexiable and happy to go over anything at anytime.

So look at the "real" cost of these tutoring companies , are you really getting more than you would from a private tutor at the same price? I would think not.
Whilst I agree with some of what you said, I must say a great deal of what you said is misinformed. Have you ever been a student at a tutoring company? Ifso, it sounds like a pretty shitty tutoring company if that is your experience. I currently work at a tutoring company and I know all of my students by the first name.
It is not the tutoring company which runs the class, it is the tutor. Whilst the tutoring company is the one which makes all of the money, at least in my case, it is the tutor which provides the material to cover for the lesson. I am free to make the decisions on what I am to cover during the lessons. For example, the last two lessons with my Yr 12 Physics class I have been doing exam prep for their half yearlies.
I have 10 students in my Year 11 class and 8 students in my Year 12 class. I find time to answer all of their questions, they all have my email and my Year 12's have my mobile number if they have any questions or want extra material for their assignments.
Just saying ur comments are not representative of the entire tutoring company community. How good a tutoring company is depends on the tutor. Some will just read through the notes and answer the given questions for the students, others will provide more support than their classroom teacher.
Studying in groups can be extremely beneficial, especially if the students are close in ability. It provides a forum for discussion and enables students to help each other and sometimes provide alternate ways of solving problems.
A number of my students have crappy teachers at school and all they do through their lessons at school is go through my notes and answer the questions in my booklets. So yeah =\
BTW, awesome marks, lol.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Studying in groups can be extremely beneficial, especially if the students are close in ability. It provides a forum for discussion and enables students to help each other and sometimes provide alternate ways of solving problems.
Very good approach, where practical.

H

hello2010

Studying in groups can be extremely beneficial, especially if the students are close in ability. It provides a forum for discussion and enables students to help each other and sometimes provide alternate ways of solving problems..
yeh, that works up to the sort of 3students per lesson point, but once you go over 3 students then it doesnt work at all. What alot of people dont seem to understand are the reasons why companies are SOMETIMES ( must highlight, most of the time they are not! ) cheaper than university students that have recently completed hsc in the last like 3 or so years that want to tutor.

Usually a uni student is $25 or $30/hr , and I have heard that there are some tutoring companies that charge $25/hr ( same price as what I was going to charge ) , now all the hsc students being dumb kids automatically see "SOULLESS TUTORING COMPANY WITH NOTES, must be better than a private tutor that is doing engineering at unsw!". With equal prices they will always go for the tutoring company , but what they dont seem to understand is that at a company they will only get 8% of the attention for their money, compared with 100% from 1 on 1 tutoring. Also, say there was a tutoring company that did $20/hr, a bit less than me. The students would go for the tutoring comapny because:

1. It has so many notes! and

2. Because it SEEMS cheaper ( when it really isnt ) . Think about it, if you have $25/hr uni student or $20/hr tutoring company where you are in a class of 10 or 15 others , which one is better deal, in real terms. Ok, you are paying 25% more the private tutor , but you are getting 100% of the attention , compared with getting 100/15 = 6.5% of the attention.

So you are paying 20% less to the tutoring company, but you are getting 93.5% less attention!. This should obviously seem wrong to any person with half a brain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)