Democracy is failing (5 Viewers)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
no, but i do think "animal rights" activists/people who want all live export banned are massive hypocrites (where are they now that the farmers have to shoot all these cattle?)

i was listening to interviews with the farmers last night on the radio, they were absolutely devastated and a lot of them have to sell. Also the Indonesian government is going to ban imports from Australia in retaliation so even when the government let them sell again they might not be able to

so why couldn't they just ban export to the ~16 out of several hundred abbatoirs in question?

Lentern

HSC
no, but i do think "animal rights" activists/people who want all live export banned are massive hypocrites (where are they now that the farmers have to shoot all these cattle?)

i was listening to interviews with the farmers last night on the radio, they were absolutely devastated and a lot of them have to sell. Also the Indonesian government is going to ban imports from Australia in retaliation so even when the government let them sell again they might not be able to

so why couldn't they just ban export to the ~16 out of several hundred abbatoirs in question?
What radio?

Lentern

HSC
ok so it was graeme gilbert on 2sm (it was a long drive home, lol) but that doesn't actually change the story the farmer was telling him
No but come on do you think they were going to fish out the farmers who were in favour of it to have on am talkback radio? Frankly, given the support packages and subsidies the government has put in place along with this, any farm that's foreclosing was not a productive one to begin with.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Look on it as a Supply and Demand Graph.

Passing on the costs will see less demand, and a surplus of beef. Because of this less is sold.
dumbest argument ever. all goods are inelastic up to a point. if the opportunity cost of switching to a substitute good is greater than the increase in price, most individuals will not swtich. stop using undergraduate models to predict real world economics. fuck seriously, how much has the price of oil increased in the past 10 years? have we all stopped driving and switched to an alternative mode of transport as your precious little model would predict?

fucking hate dickheads who think that just because they had taken a few lessons in basic economic principles they know everything there is to know about economics. fuck if irl economic behaviours can be accurately predicted with simple undergraduate models most economists will be out of a fucking job.

Lentern

HSC
dumbest argument ever. all goods are inelastic up to a point. if the opportunity cost of switching to a substitute good is greater than the increase in price, most individuals will not swtich. stop using undergraduate models to predict real world economics. fuck seriously, how much has the price of oil increased in the past 10 years? have we all stopped driving and switched to an alternative mode of transport as your precious little model would predict?

fucking hate dickheads who think that just because they had taken a few lessons in basic economic principles they know everything there is to know about economics. fuck if irl economic behaviours can be accurately predicted with simple undergraduate models most economists will be out of a fucking job.
Undergraduate? That's year 10 commerce.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
it's taught at the undergraduate level not everyone who ends up doing economics at uni did it in highschool

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
abbeyroad is the angriest cunt ever
dude look at it from my perspective I'm surrounded by dumb cunts all day I come here hoping to find someone who's at least not borderline retarded and yet I still find myself surrounded by idiots how can I not rage

LonelyWolf

HSC
same old argument, if the lib's didn't have abbott as leader, they'd be in.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Nick Minchin for leader of australia

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
guys a hung parliament is a good thing imo, if nothing is getting done than it means the government isn't interfering. lol at the carbon tax honestly they should really just tax anyone of produces water vapour since that in itself is a far greater contributor. so lets all tax people who use kettles and own dams which are subject to evaporation yea!

or u know logically we should also tax breathing if we have a carbon tax

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)