CSSA chemistry (6 Viewers)

HSC
Re: CSSA Chemistry 2011

it was an assess question on the effects of the haber process on our understanding of equilibrium & the german war effort

also, in the hsc can u ask for an extra writing booklet if you stuffed something up?

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A

it was an assess question on the effects of the haber process on our understanding of equilibrium & the german war effort

also, in the hsc can u ask for an extra writing booklet if you stuffed something up?
That's quite an easy question for CSSA.

what were the other questions? as in the high mark questions?

Dylanamali

HSC

That's quite an easy question for CSSA.

what were the other questions? as in the high mark questions?
Joy, there were many calculation questions which were worth quite a fair amount. There was also a 4 marker regarding the technology used to monitor ozone concentrations and what the trends show (they presented a graph). But yeah, mainly revolved around calculations - actually not that many worded questions, off the top of my head there was an ethanol as a solvent q, problems related with radioisotopes.

Jen Jhooti

HSC

i agree! the calculations were so different than what i expected? :L
fail! :(

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A

Joy, there were many calculation questions which were worth quite a fair amount. There was also a 4 marker regarding the technology used to monitor ozone concentrations and what the trends show (they presented a graph). But yeah, mainly revolved around calculations - actually not that many worded questions, off the top of my head there was an ethanol as a solvent q, problems related with radioisotopes.
really? wow my trial was so many long answer questions.
what were the calculations on? anything that was too hard? apart from the ethanol question ppl are talking about?
any questions of CFC's/ water treatment?

P

pinkcupcakes

i agree! the calculations were so different than what i expected? :L
fail! :(
Yeah, I've never come across those types before!
Hopefully my BS came around to the right solution in the end

Dylanamali

HSC

really? wow my trial was so many long answer questions.
what were the calculations on? anything that was too hard? apart from the ethanol question ppl are talking about?
any questions of CFC's/ water treatment?
The written responses were very do-able and quite simple. There was no CFC's/water treatment questions.

The calculations were difficult - the ethanol one was relatively challenging, there was also a carbon monoxide q which was difficult. MC's were also somewhat tricky, not your usual HSC types which you can go through quite easily/quickly in like 10 mins.

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A

The written responses were very do-able and quite simple. There was no CFC's/water treatment questions.

The calculations were difficult - the ethanol one was relatively challenging, there was also a carbon monoxide q which was difficult. MC's were also somewhat tricky, not your usual HSC types which you can go through quite easily/quickly in like 10 mins.
what was the CO question?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
wow.. only 16 ppl doing advanced compared to 102 ppl doing standard, thats like unheard of to me =/
Aren't you worried about how standard aligns? E.g. only like 60 or so band 6's across the whole state last year.. well thats just something I've heard, not sure if its true - but even then compared to thousands of band 6's in adv.
Yeah it was unheard of to the new head of curriculum and when I was dropping I went and saw her and she caught on and the Advanced teacher isn't allowed to teach advanced anymore.
And of course it worries the shit out of me I never wanted to drop but the teacher used to openly mock me infront of the class and keep me behind and swear at me. So I pretty much had to. And I wasn't even coming near the bottom I was like 25th/46 and I put in no effort whatsoever. And now I'm fucked because I put in no effort for the first two assessments because I thought standard was heaps easier because I got 80% in preliminary yearlies and came 6th without even doing half the texts and then fucking everyone from advanced drops and everyone in standard gets more competitive and now I can't get into the top 5 and I'm fucked. Hoping for top 10 after trials.

Last edited:

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A

Did anyone get tricked by finding the average of the AAS conc. in the MC?

It was SOOO similar to a past HSC question, thank goodness =)

remove the outlier, then find the average, however you can only give it to 3 sig figs as it can't be more accurate than the values that were given.
Do you remember the year for this question?

maths94

HSC

Yeah it was unheard of to the new head of curriculum and when I was dropping I went and saw her and she caught on and the Advanced teacher isn't allowed to teach advanced anymore.
And of course it worries the shit out of me I never wanted to drop but the teacher used to openly mock me infront of the class and keep me behind and swear at me. So I pretty much had to. And I wasn't even coming near the bottom I was like 25th/46 and I put in no effort whatsoever. And now I'm fucked because I put in no effort for the first two assessments because I thought standard was heaps easier because I got 80% in preliminary yearlies and came 6th without even doing half the texts and then fucking everyone from advanced drops and everyone in standard gets more competitive and now I can't get into the top 5 and I'm fucked. Hoping for top 10 after trials.
my english co-ordinator did the same thing. UR NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DO ADVANCED UR NOT GOOD ENOUGH etc etc. but 44 percent of kids get band 5 im guaranteed band 4...while in standard 6 percent get band 5 and like 12-18 get band 4, and l unfortunatly moved down standard coming top 20 /136 ...dumb bitch

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A

what were the Maths Questions?

- ethanol/octane
- CO

was that all?

HSC

Im the only one in my school doing chem (i do it via online so when you take the people from the other school in account its probs 15), only have 9 peolpe in year 12...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)