General Thoughts: SOR II (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
so what exactly were we meant to do for the peace question?

was it world and inner peace? with principle teachings and sacred texts thrown in?
There is a dot point on just peace in the sacred texts, and then I guess they wanted you to relate that back to the principal beliefs of the religions which have been taught throughout prelim and hsc.

zakanderson

HSC
There is a dot point on just peace in the sacred texts, and then I guess they wanted you to relate that back to the principal beliefs of the religions which have been taught throughout prelim and hsc.
I kind of interpreted it as principal teachings on peace. It was principal teachings not principal beliefs.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I kind of interpreted it as principal teachings on peace. It was principal teachings not principal beliefs.
Teachings and beliefs is dah same thing.
Also, if you didn't start from a reference and then link to the teaching this would've gotten you marked down.
This would've turned people's structures upside-down so it was a sort of challenging question.

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Teachings and beliefs is dah same thing.
Also, if you didn't start from a reference and then link to the teaching this would've gotten you marked down.
This would've turned people's structures upside-down so it was a sort of challenging question.
didnt need specific references
but at least the text it came from

pretty straight forward for a jew/christ combo

sallypreston

HSC
Actually, principal beliefs and teachings are not the same thing for those who are saying it is. Principal beliefs in Christianity, for instance, are things like salvation, revelation, life, death and resurrection, trinity and One God.
Principal teachings are: love thy neighbour, Jesus as Prince of Peace, Agape, Pacifism (Pax Christi), Sermon on the Mount.

sallypreston

HSC
I destroyed the essays through. I have never been so happy with my essays before, and I have never gotten anything less than 19/20

I think I will get somewhere around 85/100, which is much lower than what I usually get.

Has anyone every mentioned that u're a little boastful? I think you might need to calm down on the ego there. E.g. smashing your essays...yeah...
How do you even know the markers will like them? There's nothing wrong with being confident in your work, but there is something wrong if you're overly confident and gloating (particularly when you don't hard and fast evidence) because when your world comes crashing down, it'll really hit you badly. Just thought I'd recommend something which could help you greatly in the big, wide world out there. It's better to hear it online than someone say it smack-bang, unexpectedly in your face. It'll hurt.

_deloso

HSC
Actually, principal beliefs and teachings are not the same thing for those who are saying it is. Principal beliefs in Christianity, for instance, are things like salvation, revelation, life, death and resurrection, trinity and One God.
Principal teachings are: love thy neighbour, Jesus as Prince of Peace, Agape, Pacifism (Pax Christi), Sermon on the Mount.
this. +1

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
did both

smooth sailing from here

smartalec

HSC

agree 100%.
It is more focused on the principal TEACHINGS not beliefs. belief = what you believe, teaching = what the sacred texts tell us about peace. Examples exactly like above. You could make links to the central beliefs of the tradition such as by maintaining peace this sustains the belief in one God because adherents follow the teachings laid out. This is what I think anyway.

standardenglish

HSC
not saying that they arent new religious expressions

im saying new religious expression, itself, is not an outlook

the question said religious outlook OR spirituality.. new religious expression is a spirituality, answer should be D, thats my opinion

this is q20

Last edited:

smartalec

HSC
I see where your coming from, but in the textbook living religion it has that exact picture to accompany information on atheism.

Urgh

HSC
typical religion mc

i kept saying this yesterday

they are just fucking stupid/ridiculous

all of s1 is just a fucking waste

u only really get tested section 2 onwards (and even that was lousy)
this wasn't typical... I did from 2007-2010 mc and they were easy as shit... This was completely fucked in comparison, like i would get 19-20 in all of them and this one i dunno if it was like 15 or something.... sorry also, how the fuck were we meant to know what the fuckin fuck methodists thought of uniting church

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
this wasn't typical... I did from 2007-2010 mc and they were easy as shit... This was completely fucked in comparison, like i would get 19-20 in all of them and this one i dunno if it was like 15 or something.... sorry also, how the fuck were we meant to know what the fuckin fuck methodists thought of uniting church
Sames. But I think I got 17/20 in this. Maybe 16. :/
My friend who usually gets like 1 mark off for section one, got like 12/20 in the MC according to the answers here. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)