5 marker (1 Viewer)

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
What did you guys right for the economy of your choosing one an international business cycle .? I talked about decolectivisation, commertialisation, open door policy, acceptance of fdi and removal of protectionist policies which allowed china to become integrated into the world economy/subjected to the int.business cycle then used shitloads of statistics and chinas current account surplus .. Since the international business cycle is about the increase in GDP and fluctuations in world economy over time I'm guessing I should recieve the 5 marks ? What you guys right and think ?

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
I don't want to sound like a big fat bastard... But I think you won't get a good mark for this....

The fundamental question is focused on the international business cycle, which is the cycle of world OUTPUT, and how the government had used strategies to respond to the international business cycle. What I did is identified that the international business cycle is currently in a contractionary period due to the debt crisis in the West and America's fundamental problem of NFD at around 70% of GDP.... Then I discussed what economic strategies the country I have chosen used in response to this situation.....

If you talk about ' decolectivisation, commertialisation, open door policy, acceptance of fdi and removal of protectionist policies which allowed china to become integrated into the world economy/subjected to the int.business cycle then used shitloads of statistics and chinas current account surplus' I think you might be missing the whole fundamental point of the question... because if the question is asking generally about the international business cycle, it's totally fruitless.... It could boom, bust, whatever... but if you used all these globalisation theories and prepared answers and stats....

I believe this is not what the question is asking, I believe the question is asking for a MUCH more open view and update on the news about your chosen country and their response to perhaps current or previous international business cycles? I might be wrong...... I don't know....

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
I don't want to sound like a big fat bastard... But I think you won't get a good mark for this....
I did China as well, but I talked about their changes in monetary and fiscal policy during the GFC ($586bn stimulus package etc.) and used some stats to back it up. Then I talked about previous micro policies such as the 'Open Door Policy' which led to increased FDI through SEZs (low labour cost, low regulation, no protection) as China took advantage of increased intermediate good spending from foreign countries (boom in the international business cycle).

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
I did China as well, but I talked about their changes in monetary and fiscal policy during the GFC ($586bn stimulus package etc.) and used some stats to back it up. Then I talked about previous micro policies such as the 'Open Door Policy' which led to increased FDI through SEZs (low labour cost, low regulation, no protection) as China took advantage of increased intermediate good spending from foreign countries (boom in the international business cycle).
Yes, that's what you should say. 5/5

By the way I didn't do China... But I did AMERICA LOL

Last edited:

milomarc93

HSC
I wrote the same and included the new China-ASEAN Fta, and it's movement away from the more volatile western nations to the more dynamic east Asian economies. Also wrote about the 12th five year plan and the gov's movement towards domestic driven demand, instead of reliance on exports in response to the volatility of the gfc

Skriker

HSC
because the question was like "in response to the buisness cycle" i talked about two big things, their response was to further integrate themselves with the cycle (globalisation - talk about some policies), then i talked about how because of carefull microeconomic reform in 1991 (when india started globalization) and the some policies they used during the GFC they were able to keep out of the downturn. I'm sure OP will get marks cause it says what was their response to the buisness cycle, and that was their resposnse
LOL, I spoke about how they opened up their first stock market in 1990-1991 which had attracted foreign investors and opened up to investment which increased economic growth too keep out of the international business cycle :)

funkygirl59

HSC
Nooo I think you went a bit off topic.

I wrote about
1) China's strategies to make use of booms in the intenrational business cycle: through open door policy and removing protection, it opened itself up to the fdi flows and trade flows that can help it achieve high growth etc. when the global economy is boom/strong demand/make its gdp mroe aligned with gwp
2 China's macroeconomic policies to deal with the volatility of the business cycle: banking reforms in 1995 set up a central bank, government has taken a more active fiscal role e.g. in the GFC 2008-2009 where there was a 586 billion stimulus package and interest rate cuts to deal with volatility, and how they're now reducing spending and raising interest rates to recover as the global business cycle does.

wish we had more china though tbh. we did so much on them (especially influences) and all we could talk about was strategies. lame.

Aindan

HSC
1) China's strategies to make use of booms in the intenrational business cycle: through open door policy and removing protection, it opened itself up to the fdi flows and trade flows that can help it achieve high growth etc. when the global economy is boom/strong demand/make its gdp mroe aligned with gwp
2 China's macroeconomic policies to deal with the volatility of the business cycle: banking reforms in 1995 set up a central bank, government has taken a more active fiscal role e.g. in the GFC 2008-2009 where there was a 586 billion stimulus package and interest rate cuts to deal with volatility, and how they're now reducing spending and raising interest rates to recover as the global business cycle does.
I did the same

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
This question isn't about globalisation. For those who answered globalisation policies like open door..... Jakes on you....

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
This question isn't about globalisation. For those who answered globalisation policies like open door..... Jakes on you....
Hmm.. Jackass? .. YES international business cycle how can you be affected by the fluctuations and volatile nature of it if you are not apart of the world economy and have an open door policy applied ? That's reason 1 why you are a jackass

Reason 2 why you are a jackass.. International business cycle has a lot to do with GLOBALISATION .. Oh hey look at this in the syllabus it's under the GLOBALISATION topic wow jackass diddnt know that ? Oh hey look CASE STUDY is under the GLOBALISATION chapter interesting interesting ..

So pretty much those that referred to GLOBALISATION no Jakes on you .. You just don't know your syllabus and content

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Trade liberalisation, deregulation of the Chinese Stock Exchange etc. Can't remember exactly what I wrote. Will get 4/5 minimum.

funkygirl59

HSC
Hmm.. Jackass? .. YES international business cycle how can you be affected by the fluctuations and volatile nature of it if you are not apart of the world economy and have an open door policy applied ? That's reason 1 why you are a jackass

Reason 2 why you are a jackass.. International business cycle has a lot to do with GLOBALISATION .. Oh hey look at this in the syllabus it's under the GLOBALISATION topic wow jackass diddnt know that ? Oh hey look CASE STUDY is under the GLOBALISATION chapter interesting interesting ..

So pretty much those that referred to GLOBALISATION no Jakes on you .. You just don't know your syllabus and content
+1.

'Cloudstr1f3r' - you're actually wrong. Of course you didn't have to reference Open Door policy etc.
But reference the whole opening up to foreign trade, foreign investment and foreign financial flows: the three main drivers of the international business cycle, is clearly answering the question.

Clearly you don't know what the international busienss cycle is. It's just the phenomenon of how domestic business cycles are starting to synchronise. Clearly by GLOBALISATION POLICIES e.g. OPEN DOOR, China's cycle is much more synchronised with the international b.s - why do you think they contracted to 6.8% growth in november 2008? Because of the success of the open door policy etc. Then you mention macro policies to deal with the downsides.

Good luck in your mark mate! xooxoxoxo

cloudstr1f3r

HSC

International business cycle is dictated by the CURRENT world output figures. Mind you TOPIC 1 is not just purely about globalisation, it's about the global economy. How each nations shares a relationship, how the Gross World Product dictates the movement of the international business cycle. So if you love to a priori that since something is under topic 1 then it's about globalisation. Then .

It's topic 1 and 4, mind you, strategies to respond to booms and bust. Not strictly only globalisation.

Last edited:

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
+1.

'Cloudstr1f3r' - you're actually wrong. Of course you didn't have to reference Open Door policy etc.
But reference the whole opening up to foreign trade, foreign investment and foreign financial flows: the three main drivers of the international business cycle, is clearly answering the question.

Clearly you don't know what the international busienss cycle is. It's just the phenomenon of how domestic business cycles are starting to synchronise. Clearly by GLOBALISATION POLICIES e.g. OPEN DOOR, China's cycle is much more synchronised with the international b.s - why do you think they contracted to 6.8% growth in november 2008? Because of the success of the open door policy etc. Then you mention macro policies to deal with the downsides.

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/economics/global_economy/business_cycle/tut2internationalbus.html

'The global economy, like any economy, is affected by regular and recurring fluctuations in the levels of economic activity. If a country’s economy is experiencing a boom or recession its domestic demand for goods and services can be affected. The combined effects on the level of economic activity of individual countries will in turn affect the global economy.'

hmmmmmmm

I know Charles Strut isn't a great uni but right under that topic it said 'Being up to date and aware of contemporary issues'

I strongly abide with me what it is not about globalisation, it's about global economy + economic management.

Last edited:

friend177

HSC
I'm pretty sure you can refer to trade, foreign investment and financial flow cause thats the features of the global economy, according to Dixon'x leading edge textbook

Skriker

HSC
+1.

So if I talked about them opening up the stock market and improving their trade flows to improve foreign investment etc, i would be correct? YES THANKYOU 5 MARKS, I bullshitted that soo hard!

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
So if I talked about them opening up the stock market and improving their trade flows to improve foreign investment etc, i would be correct? YES THANKYOU 5 MARKS, I bullshitted that soo hard!
I thought the question is strategies in response to the international business cycle? Dunno... doesn't matter.

friend177

HSC
that really depends what you write about within what you talk about.

Skriker

HSC
I thought the question is strategies in response to the international business cycle? Dunno... doesn't matter.
yeah it is a response by opening up foreign Investment etc in response to the international cycle :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)