physics/Chem final prep (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

Not this. I don't think I'm that good, tbh. Just sharing my style.

And people - I said I CAN write UP TO 6 pages, not that I always do. It's usually around 2-3, and my writing is MASSIVE.
Thats ok m8, I sometimes write a bit more than needed, because I am unsure what will get marks. So I guess over compensating is fine, if you have enough time.

TheChairman

HSC
Too many exams... not enough time to properly do physics... DOOOOOOOMMMMEEDDD... 3 exams this week, only done notes on the core topics of physics, havent started going over option topic and haven't done past papers yet

jamesfirst

HSC
2 pages.. O_O I wrote <1 page in my Physics Trial on the last question for Quanta to Quarks, which was 8 marks, and included a diagram of a cyclotron for which I got 8 marks. You're probably rambling on..
Probably.

But at least I got a full mark dude. That's the whole point of HSC isn't it, to ramble on about shit in 6-8markers so that you make sure you put EVERYTHING down.

chloe555

HSC
maybe you're just missing a large proportion of your brain cells so you find standardised concepts which European and Asian schools teach in year 6 to be difficult. I think it's that. You should probably learn how to flip burgers. Quickly
I never said that I don't understand them. I just hate how you feel the need to undermine every other conviction but your own. It's quite pathetic really.

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
Probably.

But at least I got a full mark dude. That's the whole point of HSC isn't it, to ramble on about shit in 6-8markers so that you make sure you put EVERYTHING down.
Or you can write less, achieve a full mark AND go through your test again to make sure you didn't make any errors.

timting95

HSC
For Chemistry i've been summarising my notes further, i made a summary throughout the year and i've been going through it the past few days and writing down things that i'm not quite down pat on, and well every 10pages i could fit roughly onto 1 A4 page so i ended up with about 20 pages of notes at the end, i made sure i memorised this and i've just made sure i understand all the concepts. An important thing with my sciences are the practicals, make sure you know each of these so that you could basically write a 7 mark question on, also if you do Industrial chemistry since there is a lot of processes i made these into mind maps and made sure i could actually draw them, e.g. Frash Process, Solvay Process. For physics, in some ways there's not as much content because it's not too much memorising chemical formulas but more so understanding the actual physics of it. So i don't spend as much time on notes, i spend more time doing past HSC papers and trial papers.

I think this year both exams will be focussing on Skills and things in section 9.1 - So far the trend that i've picked up this year is that the BOS has approached the HSC exams from a new angle. There's been a bit of change to formatting of papers, e.g. Maths extension 1/2 the harder questions weren't necessarily at the end, English - Mod B much more specific then in previous years. Biology - focused on a lot of skills and analytical thinking. I expect this to be the same for at least Chemistry or Physics.

ONLY 1 MORE WEEK UNTIL WE CAN ACTUALLY GET ON WITH LIFE :D

hscrabbit

HSC
i've done very little studying for chem and don't know where to start :(((((

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
dumbasses. more work, less talk.
win! doof doof doof wibble wibble wibble.

hscrabbit

HSC
can someone PLEASE post up all the formulas needed for calculations!! PLEASEEEE

K

khorne

I never said that I don't understand them. I just hate how you feel the need to undermine every other conviction but your own. It's quite pathetic really.
like it or not, you're just being a little bitch about things, I contribute occasionally.

i've done very little studying for chem and don't know where to start :(((((
Go through the whole syllabus and find the dot points you are not good with. Revise those dot points specifically. By not good, I do not mean you don't remember them, but you don't know the science behind them. After this, do as many past papers as you can until tuesday. On tuesday, spend the whole day memorising the processes, read your practicals, and just remember the small things, like water quality tests, things that can be made from ethelyene, systematic naming, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)