Who thinks that the 2011 cohort is the 'experiment year'? (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Overall, I don't think the exams (i've done) were particularly hard, but i do believe that some questions have required 'thinking outside the box', especially with many essay type questions.

Who knows I could be biased just because its me experiencing the exams, but from what I've heard and seen (esp. in terms of past papers), many questions in the various hsc exams of 2011 have been somewhat challenging.

I've heard that in relation to many tests etc such as NAPLAN, ella, snap etc , that we were classified as the 'experiment year'. Just wanting to know if anyone else thinks this, judging by some of the hsc exams.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Was expecting to see a 70,000 person human centipede when you mentioned 'experiment year'. I am disappoint.

rayy_bann

HSC
i dont get it...is this in relation to human centipede or something?

rayy_bann

HSC
'every day a shock every night a shock'

'fiction fiction fiction'

'bad girlllllll'

sorry i couldn't help do that

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
Did you see the Modern History, Economics and 2U Math exams? They were all very straight forward and generic, except for a few of the economics multiple choice question. I think every year might feel that they are the 'experiment year' since...I don't know :p

anexasaved

HSC
Did you see the Modern History, Economics and 2U Math exams? They were all very straight forward and generic, except for a few of the economics multiple choice question. I think every year might feel that they are the 'experiment year' since...I don't know :p
Modern: 2 Arms Race Q for the CW...not cool =(
but yea, perhaps you're right, every year may think they're the 'experiment year'

rayy_bann

HSC
Yeah thats why i said i might be biased.

But anyways, I don't do modern (did 2 unit maths last year), so I can't say for those exams. But i do agree with you on Economics! The multiple choice was a bit challenging but that was it i guess. So yeah didn't say it was necessarily hard, just that it made us think about more.

stephbritt

HSC
With the 2U Math though.. its not like you can really make many changes to that. Besides that though, the exams haven't been to out of the ordinary. Bio wasn't and English was extremely straight forward

xAlan

HSC
I think compared to other years, which generally composed the range of easy to hard questions, our exams have somewhat demonstrated basic concepts that require what you have said "out of the box" thinking.

gunnerz

HSC
Modern: 2 Arms Race Q for the CW...not cool =(
but yea, perhaps you're right, every year may think they're the 'experiment year'
that section of the syllabus had been ignored since 2007(the end of the cold war)
i knew it was coming. The Modern exam was very expermental: there was no quote in the personalities section and you did not have to outline or describe the life of the personality and some of the essay questions( at least the ones i did,disarmament and the treaty of Versailles one) asked for the most significant contributor, rather than the usual to what extent.

HSC
Maths Ex2: Harder
Maths Ex1: Easier (was possible to get 100%)
English: Average (Easier belonging, harder modules)
Legal: Dno
Eco: Average, Last year was much harder
Business: Average
Woah woah woah.... maths ex 1 was easier? Are you sure? Many people claim its been the hardest paper in years. I didn't do the paper, but it was apparently so difficult that it even made it on the smh...

K

khorne

Remember, every years hsc is fucked. Last year they had 8 markers in all 3 sciences.

Galladrim

HSC
As far as all my subjects were concerned not really.

English Advanced: Paper 1 bit easier, Paper 2 bit more restrictive
English Extension: Really nothing out of the ordinary
Ancient History: By the book, no surprises
History Extension: Little more out of the box, but that's what you want in this subject.
Economics: Multiple Choice was challenging, everything else pretty much the same, definitely easier than last years
SOR I: I had no real problems with the questions, pretty much the same as last years
Mathematics: About the same as previous years

I think there's an inclination every year for people to feel they are the experiment, which is a natural response, but I don't know if its justified.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
There was a topic on this before i stick by what i said last time lol:
I think we're the experimental year. Our cohort had selective moved to 16th March for the first time in history. We also had to undertake 5 standardized exams in 4 years -> ELLA + SNAP + ESSA in year 7-8, NAPLAN in year 9 (we're the first year 9's to do NAPLAN), school certificate. We even missed out the laptops. And then what do we get next? A pretty shitty HSC english paper, as well as a pretty hard 3U paper.

I wonder what happened to us... did this happen all coincidentally?
Yeah i've noticed that too. As stupid as it sounds i've always thought that its because we started school in 1999 and they want stuff changed for kids that begun school in the 21st century and we are just the transitional year that gets screwed over.

steph xx

HSC
i thought all of the exam papers were fairly average/easy to understand and analyse
it isn't that hard, jesus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)