How the fuck do you motivate yourself? (1 Viewer)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll tell you what I tell everyone else

If you don't study

you will end up a failure

1981Grant

HSC
If your having trouble studying just get in an environment free from all distractions. Go to the bathroom beforehand. Bring a muesli bar or something and a water bottle. Listen to some music if it helps you study as well. Ditch mobiles/laptops/etc.

zangy

HSC
N/A
I had the exact same problem as you during my HSC through this year. Now I want to guide people that were in the same situation as myself, just think about what you want to do in life. If you would rather go tafe and do a trade than by all means keep fuking around, although it may be good money it's not the best lifestyle. I had many moments through my HSC where i wanted to give up but all your hard work will eventually pay off. It's never too late to study even though you think your Atar might be shit, just do it. My biggest motivation was proving the people wrong who have doubted me, other motivations for me was that you're doing this for your future, think about supporting your family financially and living a comfortable lifestyle. Hope this helps.

Jaymay

HSC
I had to enjoy it. I read other articles of stuff related to what we were doing and i hand wrote my notes so i was proud of my shit.

Write down achievable plans... and do things in packs of 40 minute study, 20 minutes tv/ musics/ facebook. then repeat. Made me study alot better. made me feel like i wasn't doing anything, yet i did more hours than when i crammed 2 hours at a time, and did fuck all for the rest of the night.

Goodluck. The HSC is not as daunting as everyone makes it out to be

jackl25

HSC
Just keep things in perspective.

It's November, there would be only a tiny percentage that are really getting into a stringent study routine.

Year 12 does go fast, but remember, there is also fun to be had.

If you only study for an hour a day, that's better than nothing. And just like every year, there will be kids that only start studying in sort of July, September - so if you do an hour a day starting now, you're already 100x better off then they are.

hazza1424

HSC
I'm on the same boat as you! I procrastinate sooooo much! For assignments i learnt to use the school laptop! And for regular study i just take all the distractions out of my room and force myself to study! Its not really motivation but more forceful study! Try that and see if it works! :)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I am the king of procrastination! Help me!
get your parents to get on your back.

Tell them what you need to do and by when (make a table idk)

so when you're going out to that party that won't fucking matter in like 2 months, your rents will ask "oh hunny sweetie, did you finsh your notes on X"

parental engagment in your schooling in proven to help, everybody needs support and motivation from others every once in a while

Bobbo1

HSC
Put it this way: just struggle through this year and end up with a good uni course and enjoy the rest of you life OR muck around for only one year and then struggle through the rest of your life. There are alternative pathways, but why waste your life?

marksgm

HSC
when you are not practicing, someone else is practicing, and when you two meet, you will lose.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Put it this way: just struggle through this year and end up with a good uni course and enjoy the rest of you life OR muck around for only one year and then struggle through the rest of your life. There are alternative pathways, but why waste your life?
This.

Short term pain, long term gain. It's only 1 year.

Zeroes

HSC
Honestly, I think I just have too strong a fear of regret. (Regret of laziness, to be specific - not in general)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)