is physics hard? (2 Viewers)

bleakarcher

HSC
hey guys, could u give me an idea of the difficulty in yr 11 and 12 seperately?

D94

HSC
N/A
There's quite a bit of content to remember, so don't be deceived by the mindset that physics and calculations must go hand in hand. It's physics with content with calculations to show what the content is saying, rather than physics with calculations used to explain content.

It's not terribly hard so long as you don't fall behind. But difficulty shouldn't be an issue if you genuinely like physics.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Nope, Physics isn't hard at all. So long as you have a good teacher, you should be fine.

:)

bleakarcher

HSC
thanks guys, btw i like motion in physics including mechanics and kinematics, will there a lot of that?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
thanks guys, btw i like motion in physics including mechanics and kinematics, will there a lot of that?
4U Mechanics is what it should be like, but the Maths in Physics is nothing - it's plug and play pretty much.

It's mostly remembering content.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on your teacher. I go into a lot of detail in the Year 11 topic 'Moving About' and include stuff like rotational motion, motion around banked tracks, simple harmonic motion etc.. Which is beyond the scope of the syllabus, but is interesting for the more mathematical kids, and it does help when you look at mechanics in Ext 2 Mathematics.

However, really all you need to be able to do is manipulate equations and plug numbers into equations.

Is it hard? Depends on what you are aiming to achieve. Band 6's are not easy to come by in physics, or any subject for that matter. I have had 2 excellent students get 89 in the last 3 years :\

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends what you're comparing to and your personal abilities.

It requires work and understanding of theory and calculations.

Aliyas

HSC
I personally find it hard (mainly just the calculations >.<), but only because I don't really enjoy it.

There is a vast majority of my class who loves physics and therefore put in the time and effort it requires. If you're interested in the subject, you should definitely pick it, it does have some interesting content :)

animerocker

HSC
Physics in comparison to other science subjects is hard only due to its vast amount of theory and calculations. Hence that means you wouldn't mind sacrificing some time off other subjects to focus on constant revision.
Otherwise its a fantastic subject.
Note: physics is a subject for people who have a great interest in it

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I found year 11 harder, but I actually tried in year 12

Eg155

HSC
my teacher says anyone with good logic is capable.
'It's just common sense' - apparently...
seems like twisted word problems to me :L

year 12 also looks easier to follow and more interesting that yr.11.

HSC
Yr 12 is easier...IMO but maybe because I changed teachers and went to a tutor =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)