School Rankings 2011 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Ruse is a lively and encouraging environment to grow up in, with plenty of support from principals and teachers and students to help you perform well as a group (not just individually), which is the main reason it does so well. So yeah it's an amazing school that works very well as a team, but it's hard to judge for a best school in the whole southern hemisphere because there's so much to compare.

And "forgive" man please stop trashing our cohort across all the forums with inflammatory nonsense - it's annoying considering we all tried our best and didn't even do bad either - and the last thing we need is an insider adding to the crap bigoted students from other schools dump on us. And aside from the shallow measure of our cohort's quality by our position on the school rank table, it seems kind of hypocritical considering we've still achieved much that your cohort hasn't been able to do - such as bronze and silver medallists at the IPhO/IBO, reaching a national level in the Aust. Science/Engineering Challenge, and so on.
but your year needed more stacey law's and klams so as to reduce the shame imposed on your cohort :L

LOLjk you still did alright

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
can one of you computer nerds pls make a full rankings list, they have CSV files for the DA list and it would be pretty easy from there in excel iirc

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
can one of you computer nerds pls make a full rankings list, they have CSV files for the DA list and it would be pretty easy from there in excel iirc

Does the DA list include the total number of exams sat by the school as that information is needed to work out the ranking - the ranking is the percentage of Band 6s remember.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Ahaha lol my school went up 135 places. By up I mean better.

Elusive Athena

HSC
YES!!!! My class brough Fort Street back into the top 10! I'm so proud! Take that, Sydney Grammer and Manly Selective!

stevey6404

HSC
I'm not really sure... it just looks more realistic and statistical than SMH
Just different ways of ranking schools. SMH uses percentage of Band 6s across all subjects while this site uses only English and Maths band 6s

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not only that it managed to leave out my school completely. I have been through the list 6 times and can't find my school at all (maybe they combined us with another school with a similar name).

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't work out how they arrived at the 'Overall DA%' figure. In any case they haven't ranked it using the normal method which is why it is different from the SMH list. Clearly they didn't have access to the Overall Exams Sat figures.

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't work out how they arrived at the 'Overall DA%' figure. In any case they haven't ranked it using the normal method which is why it is different from the SMH list. Clearly they didn't have access to the Overall Exams Sat figures.
looks like the average of english da and maffs da

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm..

According to SMH my school is ranked 78th...

However, according to this: http://bettereducation.com.au/Results/Hsc.aspx

My school is ranked 57th

Which one is correct?
There's not really any 'correct' way of doing rankings. There's just different methods. The SMH/DT ranks use the most widely accepted and recognised method though. (and i've done full rankings in the past using that method)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)