getting a 99 atar (1 Viewer)

Boonyak

HSC
Hey guys is it possible to get a 99 atar if im doing english standard ?

Refer to my signature for my ranks

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Yes of course it is possible but chances are very slim
You are going to have to smash everything because your subjects arent that great

Boonyak

HSC
Yes of course it is possible but chances are very slim
You are going to have to smash everything because your subjects arent that great
When you say smash everything how much do i need for internal and external and taking my rank into consideration

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Boonyak - Yes it is possible, I did it :)

Wildchild - not at all. I only got 95+ in 3 units and still got 99.2

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey guys is it possible to get a 99 atar if im doing english standard ?

Refer to my signature for my ranks
With that rank, yes. You'll have to work very very very very very very hard though.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you even get that for Standard? I know that someone got a state rank for standard with a mark of 93.
I always held the assumption that it's "hard" to get a B6 in Eng. Standard because the people who generally do that subject don't have the smarts and work ethic to ever get a mark that high. They all do Eng. Advanced instead.

Examine

same
HSC
I always held the assumption that it's "hard" to get a B6 in Eng. Standard because the people who generally do that subject don't have the smarts and work ethic to ever get a mark that high. They all do Eng. Advanced instead.
This is what I thought too, I remember reading something which said only 50ish people get Band 6's? (don't quote me), my school only achieving a Band 6 in standard english once in its whole existence. (100-150 ranked) So getting 95+ in the subject is kind of a and unlikely prospect in my opinion. I'm all for Standard English students being able to get 99+ ATAR though (give or take their other choice of subjects and work ethic).

Last edited:

bleakarcher

HSC
My English teacher began the first English Standard lesson this year by stating "It is virtually impossible to get a band 6 in this subject. There has been no single person in the history of this school who has gotten one.", crushing the hopes of my entire class. I'm lucky as fuck I got out of there.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Don't worry guys it is possible for a band 6 in English Standard. A person from our school for 7th in the state for it. Work hard.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My old school had 3 Band 6s for Standard English in a single year but if odds of getting above 94 (what you need for 99+) is extremely rare. This is usually top 3-4 in the state and sometimes, rank 1 gets 94.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
It's really due to the poor aligning of Standard as opposed to Advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)