Assessment thread. (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
Our teacher mislead as about what was going to be in the test! He said Simultaneous Equations with 3 Equations were going to be in it, ended up studying heaps for that, and they weren't in it! Half the test was so random, but luckily I got quite a few marks in Circle Geo hopefully :) The vast majority was 'Harder Mathematics Work' which is absolutely my weakness!

starryblue

HSC
^ thats alright, just keep going and you'll get better with experience.

Update: 100% in 2U (the exam was easy as fuck, can't believe people still managed to fail)
thanks! of course i won't get depressed over something like that! otherwise i won't last next yr! :)

Hazballs

HSC
English- 18/20 speech which is worth 20%
Chemistry- 36/42- presentation on a mixture, worth 15%
Biology- only 78% for my field report which was worth 10%, but 95% in my prac book which overall is 30%
PDHPE- in two weeks time
SOR2- 13/15- worth 20%
Maths- 1 week time.

Girls

HSC
Chem - 24.5/25

English Adv - Had a test at the very start of the term that went HORRIBLY, haven't got marks back... will teach me to read the question better I suppose. Essay last Thursday in which I feel I did really pretty well.

Maths - 2U test tomorrow which should be piss easy, 3U test last Monday, got 25/35 which was 1st in my class of 25 students... I'm hoping it was a hard test, but we're probably just a dumb cohort.

Economics - Test on Tuesday.

Physics - Some rigged assignment...

Extension 1 English - Essay next Monday, should be pretty good.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
English Advanced - Nothing yet until Term 2 Week 2
EE1 - Nothing yet until Term Week 2
Mathematics 2U and Extension 1 3U - Nothing yet but for topic tests: - Basic Algebra (Quad inequalities, surds + indices, simultaneous eqs, abs values, etc.) - 100% (39/39)
- Functions + Plane Geometry - 93% (42/45)
Economics - 17/20 for Assessment Task 1, Assessment Task 2 in Term 2 Week 2
Physics - 23/25 for Module Test (50% of half yearly report). Assessment Task in Term 2 Week 2
Business Studies - 8/10 for Assessment Task 1, Same as above for 2nd assessment task

premskies

HSC
Update;

Biology 14/15 - 1st.
Maths 2U exam - 83% - 1st in class (2nd 3U class) & roughly 15th in course.

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Studies of Religion 1U: 93% (equal 1st)
Mathematics Extension 1: 67% (average for grade was 52%, some kid got 4/62)
Mathematics: Haven't received it back yet.
Chemistry: 88%
English:Haven't received it back yet. (most likely 18/20 or above)
Legal Studies: 100% (F**K YEAH! - 1st)
Modern History: 85%

All of mine are above the class average significantly.

I am not trying to set unrealistic goals of epic proportions, trying to get 99.95 ATARs like many of you are.

Getting 67% in a maths test isn't really that awful if the class average is below you. Marks don't mean anything unless they are compared to others' marks.

I think that some of you are setting unrealistic goals of achievement to be honest....looking at the sigs, half of you want above 99 ATAR, and I think some of you won't get it, but please prove me wrong!

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Studies of Religion 1U: 93% (equal 1st)
Mathematics Extension 1: 67% (average for grade was 52%, some kid got 4/62)
Mathematics: Haven't received it back yet.
Chemistry: 88%
English:Haven't received it back yet. (most likely 18/20 or above)
Legal Studies: 100% (F**K YEAH! - 1st)
Modern History: 85%

All of mine are above the class average significantly.

I am not trying to set unrealistic goals of epic proportions, trying to get 99.95 ATARs like many of you are.

Getting 67% in a maths test isn't really that awful if the class average is below you. Marks don't mean anything unless they are compared to others' marks.

I think that some of you are setting unrealistic goals of achievement to be honest....looking at the sigs, half of you want above 99 ATAR, and I think some of you won't get it, but please prove me wrong!

I just jizzed 9 times...
on topic, I've only received sor 2 back - 100% - 1st

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, I want that 99.5+ to do USYD Commerce/Law but will I die if I don't get it? No... I'm actually very FINE without it....

My realistic goal is 96+ and as long as I get 91+ then I'd be satisfied.

I'm not those asians who r like 'OMFG I DIDN'T GET 99.95 to do USYD MEDDDDD I'M GONNA HAVE TO DO SOME SHIZ JOB NAO'
Yes, I have an unrealistic goal but I have realistics goals as back-ups if I don't achieve that unrealistic goal.

I don't give a **** whether I get 99.6 or 99.7 or 99.95 or 95 ATAR, as long as I get into my desired course(s) then yay!
I know that I am too lazy to even get that 99.95 anyways....

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
The fact is, generally the higher you aim the higher you will achieve...

Aim for the moon, that way, even if you miss you'll still be amongst the stars! - W. Clement Stone

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
That nice moment during the term when you reach the latter end... and know you've only got 2 assignments left to hand in.

before you get another 3 for holidays.

ncoul

HSC
JAP- 28/30
ADV Eng- Still to receive back, but i believe i didn't do too well as my creative writing sucks ball and it was worth half.
Ext. Eng- 'Song of Troy' Appropriation due next term
SAC- PIP, case study (Subject is the biggest load of shit, dropping it next year easy)
Modern- Essay due Monday, 95% done
Legal- Mohamed Haneef in class essay, last wednesday, will receive this week some time. (SMASHED IT)

I'm enjoying year 11, due to the fact that i'm actually working towards a goal and potential career this year.

On the topic of realistic goals, during the beginning of the year I felt that 99.7 was attainable. But a 96 will get me into ANU, a very reputable and prestigious uni and law faculty. Aim for a goal that is realistic and not depression inducing. There is nothing that annoys me more than an average student, with horrible work ethic that wants >99. But the worst are those rich bitches who have the $100,000 for Bond Uni and don't try whatsoever. There are a few of those at my $20,000 a year school. (I'm on scholarship)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
JAP- 28/30
ADV Eng- Still to receive back, but i believe i didn't do too well as my creative writing sucks ball and it was worth half.
Ext. Eng- 'Song of Troy' Appropriation due next term
SAC- PIP, case study (Subject is the biggest load of shit, dropping it next year easy)
Modern- Essay due Monday, 95% done
Legal- Mohamed Haneef in class essay, last wednesday, will receive this week some time. (SMASHED IT)

I'm enjoying year 11, due to the fact that i'm actually working towards a goal and potential career this year.

On the topic of realistic goals, during the beginning of the year I felt that 99.7 was attainable. But a 96 will get me into ANU, a very reputable and prestigious uni and law faculty. Aim for a goal that is realistic and not depression inducing. There is nothing that annoys me more than an average student, with horrible work ethic that wants >99. But the worst are those rich bitches who have the $100,000 for Bond Uni and don't try whatsoever. There are a few of those at my $20,000 a year school. (I'm on scholarship)
Seems legit...

nah, I like the way you think :)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Spiritual, with your Rune Scape cash you can pay for Bond easy. Instead of studying during year 12 just make that RUNE SCAPE MONEY
Doing both pretty easily, eh it's not like some thousands a week job but extra money for doing nothing is...extra money for doing nothing. :p

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
Ehh I looked like I came across as a douche :/

But I was trying to convey that I was surprised that so many people had really high aims - but who else would come on a website to discuss studying eh?

By looking at the marks in this thread, GIVE ME YO MX1 SKILLZ NAO

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Ehh I looked like I came across as a douche :/

But I was trying to convey that I was surprised that so many people had really high aims - but who else would come on a website to discuss studying eh?

By looking at the marks in this thread, GIVE ME YO MX1 SKILLZ NAO
No you didnt come across as a douche lol dont worry

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, guess what...

1ST IN LEGAL OMFG <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 FULL MARKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))))))))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)