• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ACCT1501 (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Things might of been different if I had a different tutor, had the fobbiest one ever. I was like wtf when she was talking about ladders for a few weeks then I found out it was ledgers.

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol I did so badly in this subject. Barely scraped through with the second lowest practice set mark in my tutorial.

Lo and behold I'm an accountant now.

And damnit I write kickass accounting paper and memos now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess in the 2nd and 3rd years, they move away from all the financial accounting stuff and more so into the auditing section, where it's more subjective. Am i right?

halapenyo

HSC
Things might of been different if I had a different tutor, had the fobbiest one ever. I was like wtf when she was talking about ladders for a few weeks then I found out it was ledgers.[/QUOTE]

hahahhaha

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess in the 2nd and 3rd years, they move away from all the financial accounting stuff and more so into the auditing section, where it's more subjective. Am i right?
Pretty much u get more into qualitative analysis which is more interesting to me such as the implications and application of financial accounting standards. You'd be surprised how quickly you can pick up 1a concepts just by working in professional accounting and not relying on a book or a fob.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Yeh I know its a 85+, but anyone know how much effort/work is required to achieve this?
yeah i want to know this too. do you need to get everything 90%+ before the final?

Last edited:

m14x

HSC
N/A
About the perdisco sets,basically we need to complete it before the deadline to obtain the 10% mark right?So the perdisco grade is not important right?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
About the perdisco sets,basically we need to complete it before the deadline to obtain the 10% mark right?So the perdisco grade is not important right?
No, if you get 50% on Perdisco, you get 5 out of possible 10%. It's not a "Do it before the deadline and get 10%" it's "Get 100% in Perdisco, and you get 10/10 for the assignment".

It's important.

m14x

HSC
N/A
I see.That is quite hard.Messed up in the 1st week because couldnt understand the system. =.=

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
that's why you get the cheat sheets

(but you didn't hear that from me)

m14x

HSC
N/A
so where can i get the cheat sheets?dang i wish i had known about it earlier

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
do you guys just learn about general journal, ledger, trial bals + 10 col worksheets and balance day adjustments?

does unsw cover gst in acct1501?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
GST in ACCT1501? We got told to ignore it.

But yes we learned about general journal, ledgers, trial balances...

Balance day adjustments... I think we did that. 10 column worksheets we mainly said: "They exist". I don't think we did anything with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)