Help with Year 11 Subject Choices - Chemistry or Biology?! (1 Viewer)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
I beg to differ. Not sure if you are trolling or serious, but I will assume the latter. What if those subjects she had chosen were in fact the subjects she enjoys and actually believes will perform well in? It would be a much more intelligent move to choose the subjects she is curious in rather then forcing subjects that are in no ways, stemming any interest from her.
Come on Demento... Really?

The Matrix

HSC
I beg to differ. Not sure if you are trolling or serious, but I will assume the latter. What if those subjects she had chosen were in fact the subjects she enjoys and actually believes will perform well in? It would be a much more intelligent move to choose the subjects she is curious in rather then forcing subjects that are in no ways, stemming any interest from her.
He is obviously trolling.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
LMFAO, are you kidding, do you know what you're talking about? What about Medical Physics, an entire module on medicine...
You don't need to know how frogs breath, how to model natural selection, how plants suck water from the ground, or how some plants survive in the desert, etc..., you don't need biology for medicine at all, all you need for med is good ATAR and UMAT results...
and USyD lists chemistry as the recommended subjects for medicine, the only required subject for undergraduate med entry is standard english, umat and interview...
Oh ok fair enough
Good on you

Last edited:

sabz1996

HSC
im in yr 10 too and im just wondering whether latin is easy to pick up? i have never studied latin before AT ALL but do you think it will be hard to learn and get a good mark in without any prior knowledge?

oxymoron

HSC
N/A
im in yr 10 too and im just wondering whether latin is easy to pick up? i have never studied latin before AT ALL but do you think it will be hard to learn and get a good mark in without any prior knowledge?
Why bother :) do you want to study it at uni? If not, I suggest not even considering it. It's a dead language any way.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I wouldn't recommend picking up Latin for the HSC if you have had no prior knowledge. This is because I myself, study Latin as an elective at school and I am told by senior students that Latin get's increasingly difficult from the transition in the year 10 to 11 stage. By all means, if you're desperate to learn it and definitely curious, consider the amount of time you will need to get up to speed.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Latin is a dead language.

marlow415

HSC
N/A
Physics over biology for sure . I do both and to be honest i love physics ,it's very interesting and if you like maths you should do it (even though they reduced the amount of math in physics ,but there's quite a fair amount ) . Year 11 biology is very boring to be honest my own biology teacher admitted ,but she says that year 12 biology is much more interesting . What i recommend you do is get a text book from each subject before you pick and skim through it just to get a taste of each subject . All in all it comes down to your personal preference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)