Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Fair enough, you believe both are wrong but Christianity to a lesser extent. You say Christianity is more acceptable because it has "evolved". Mate, if christiany is more "beleivable" the true religion would be the religion that hasn't had any changes. Why because religion came down from god. You ought to think the one who created you from nothing but a sperm would have absolute knowlege of the present, past and future and would be able to send down a perfect religion.
What? How did you get from "Christianity is more acceptable" to "Christianity is more believable"? You're a bit off-topic.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
What? How did you get from "Christianity is more acceptable" to "Christianity is more believable"? You're a bit off-topic.
Well if that so off topic, what does Islam have to do with the protest when clearly several sheiks have condemned the protest as unislamic as it displays acts contradictory to the preachings of islam. Why are people attacking islam!!!

krispykareem

HSC
N/A
Yet you never see Christian families beheading their daughters, or committing violent murder over a YouTube video.
Obvious it is painfully obvious that you are a hater of islam, not that i care, i am a muslim myself and i condemn the actions made by these few extremist lunatics. The people who you say behead their daughters aren't muslims as they are going against their religion. You say some "muslims" behead their daughters and i can give you hundreds of cases of jews or christians doing the same thing or worse, but i wont because i know that the people doing these things dont represent the majority of christians or jews. You have no right to condemn an entire religion based on the actions of a few. The video made about islam was however truly disgusting and the maker of the video should be punished.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Well if that so off topic, what does Islam have to do with the protest when clearly several sheiks have condemned the protest as unislamic as it displays acts contradictory to the preachings of islam. Why are people attacking islam!!!
You seriously don't see the link? Just as some have decried the protest as being un-Islamic, the protesters were there in the name of Islam, because their religious sensibilities were insulted. It wasn't a secular march to prevent people from insulting each other in general. It was a march by Muslims to complain about and prevent people from insulting Islam. They don't give a shit about insulting others, just as long as Islam isn't the target. As such, the focus is upon Islam itself, because they marched in Islam's name.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Obvious it is painfully obvious that you are a hater of islam, not that i care, i am a muslim myself and i condemn the actions made by these few extremist lunatics. The people who you say behead their daughters aren't muslims as they are going against their religion. You say some "muslims" behead their daughters and i can give you hundreds of cases of jews or christians doing the same thing or worse, but i wont because i know that the people doing these things dont represent the majority of christians or jews. You have no right to condemn an entire religion based on the actions of a few. The video made about islam was however truly disgusting and the maker of the video should be punished.
I'm sorry, what? Because you're insulted? Go fuck yourself. You do not have the right to not be offended. Nor does anyone have the right to silence others through violence. Welcome to liberal democracy. I would recommend learning the rules, because they are not your own.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
You seriously don't see the link? Just as some have decried the protest as being un-Islamic, the protesters were there in the name of Islam, because their religious sensibilities were insulted. It wasn't a secular march to prevent people from insulting each other in general. It was a march by Muslims to complain about and prevent people from insulting Islam. They don't give a shit about insulting others, just as long as Islam isn't the target. As such, the focus is upon Islam itself, because they marched in Islam's name.
Fine. Lets talk about "burn the quran day" openly carried out by churches and pastors, in the name of christianity. Is this Christianity?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
@moll- There will always be a black sheep within a community. If a small group of Christians agree with the burning of the quran, this does not necessarily mean that Christianity supports this. This situation is not quite different.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Fine. Lets talk about "burn the quran day" openly carried out by churches and pastors, in the name of christianity. Is this Christianity?
One aspect of it, yes. Much of the media denied it, but the perpetrators were quite happy to do it in the name of Christianity. But if you wish to discuss that incident then I would recommend making a new thread in the NCAP forum, because this thread is about the protests on the weekend.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
@moll- There will always be a black sheep within a community. If a small group of Christians agree with the burning of the quran, this does not necessarily mean that Christianity supports this. This situation is not quite different.
If they can use a central dogma as justification for their actions, then it matters little whether the dogma is "peaceful" to the remaining 99%. If it's violent to the 1% then it is fair to label it as violent.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
I'm sorry, what? Because you're insulted? Go fuck yourself. You do not have the right to not be offended. Nor does anyone have the right to silence others through violence. Welcome to liberal democracy. I would recommend learning the rules, because they are not your own.
How about you should welcome yourself to "liberal democracy". His expressing his opinions as to which he is entitled to do. Btw you swearing doesn't prove anything, but i forgot this is what again, "liberal democracy"?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
How about you should welcome yourself to "liberal democracy". His expressing his opinions as to which he is entitled to do. Btw you swearing doesn't prove anything, but i forgot this is what again, "liberal democracy"?
I wasn't threatening them with violence or "punishment". I was just telling them to go fuck themselves. And you think a naughty little swear word invalidates the concept of liberal democracy? Au contraire.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
I wasn't threatening them with violence or "punishment". I was just telling them to go fuck themselves. And you think a naughty little swear word invalidates the concept of liberal democracy? Au contraire.
Yeah because "fuck" is a very usual word that we use extensively amongst our day to day conversations with, parents,employers, family and freinds. It seems perfectly acceptable, doesnt it?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
because Scientology doesn't involve an omnipotent god, something which is an axiomatic impossibility
Im sorry i was referencing to the first part of your quote, "Your religion is fucking stupid".

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Yeah because "fuck" is a very usual word that we use extensively amongst our day to day conversations with, parents,employers, family and freinds. It seems perfectly acceptable, doesnt it?
I think you need to get to know the rules of liberal democracy as well, not just krispy. It's about a multitude of voices, none of which has the right to silence any other through violent means. What's socially acceptable and what's allowed are two different concepts. It's not a dictatorship of the majority, such that if you do anything differently you are to be punished. It's about freedom, not submission.

On a side note, 'fuck' is just a word used to provide emphasis and tone. Saying "go screw yourself" would not have conveyed the proper degree of gravitas and meaning which I wanted to put across. Hence "go fuck yourself".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)