• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostbitten

HSC
Do you understand why these protests are wrong in so many ways? Please give me your straight opinion on it I want to see your mindset.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
How can I generalise a single person????????
Fine, it not a generalisation, but you sure are being arrogant. What evidence do u have to support the statements regarding Muhammad(peace be upon him)?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Do you understand why these protests are wrong in so many ways? Please give me your straight opinion on it I want to see your mindset.
People are getting me wrong. Ive said it before on this thread and ill say it again, i don't support the protest that took place on Saturday but rather condemn it.
My problem are in regards to comments abusing Islam and Mohammad(SAW) within this thread.

Frostbitten

HSC
People are getting me wrong. Ive said it before on this thread and ill say it again, i don't support the protest that took place on Saturday but rather condemn it.
My problem are in regards to comments abusing Islam and Mohammad(SAW) within this thread.
Do you think the video should be taken down from youtube and the creators punished?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Well im not too sure about that myself. However what i do have to say is that it is extremely offensive . Its definitely something i would tag as "inappropriate".

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Fine, it not a generalisation, but you sure are being arrogant. What evidence do u have to support the statements regarding Muhammad(peace be upon him)?
Will me providing evidence be met with anything but cultural relativism and pointless ignorance?

You bet.

It's an extremely well documented fact that A'isha was 6 or 7 when Muhammad married her. Their marriage was consummated when she was either 9 or 10. If you seriously think that a 9 or 10 year old can properly consent to sex then I'm extremely fearful for any children you are around.

Peccadillo

HSC
7eleven is correct in saying people should keep the abuse of Islam and the prophet Muhammad out of the thread.

People like Lolsmith are no less of a hate-mongerer than an exteme fundamentalist cleric, the violent aggressors seen at the protest or the political activists that Tony Abbott wants so much to fly out of Australia. (Taji Mustafa).

No shit the main aggravators who led the violence were wrong to do so. No shit the sheep that followed the main aggravators were srong to do so. No shit that they are the minority.

You can see quite clearly in the video footage - muslim men in islamic clothing were trying to stop fellow protestors from getting violent.

Protests turn violent all the time - transpiring into race riots, political riots, student riots and yes - religeous riots. You are a fool if you allow any violence to retract from the initial sentiment of the protest. That is not to say the violence is not something that should be ignored.

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Guys please keep it civilised. I have a feeling that this thread is about to spiral out of control.

Just a gentle warning.

H

hobozforlife

EVERY single religion has extremists ...and comeon I have read countless times on newspapers about *children's being raped by someone who are NOT muslims*
Why dont they make videos of them??
@Lolsmith: Just cuz *minority take such a misconstrued version of morals from the quran*, there is CLEARLY something wrong with the people, maybe use your logic?

And stop being ignorant and give SOME evidence against Muhammad (PBUH)??

Peccadillo

HSC
Will me providing evidence be met with anything but cultural relativism and pointless ignorance?

You bet.

It's an extremely well documented fact that A'isha was 6 or 7 when Muhammad married her. Their marriage was consummated when she was either 9 or 10. If you seriously think that a 9 or 10 year old can properly consent to sex then I'm extremely fearful for any children you are around.
Seeing as you are so familiar with the documentation, you should then be aware of the documentation supporting the fact that in those times people did used to marry off their daughters that young. This was common amongst nearly every single ancient civilisation.

There was no concept of "teenager" in those times. Boys went to war at a young age. Girls married young and worked young. People died young. Age is somewhat relative to life span.

You also need to consider the notion that an Islamic marriage is not one where sex is such an important facet.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Well as long as the woman has reached puberty at the age of 9 or 10, i don't see anything wrong with it. This is an opinion based matter. In some US states the legal age for marriage is as low as 14, in Australia its 18. Point being, the age of acceptance is an issue surrounded by what is morally accepted within society.

7eleven

HSC
N/A

You bet.

Well as long as the woman has reached puberty at the age of 9 or 10, i don't see anything wrong with it. This is an opinion based matter. In some US states the legal age for marriage is as low as 14, in Australia its 18. Point being, the age of acceptance is an issue surrounded by what is morally accepted within society.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
http://http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DQ6zIX29HkSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blkYf_ngFSk

A side of the story that we never get to see.

This isn't police brutality? Regardless of so, why do we not see such footage on our prime time news?
I haven't watched much footage of the protests, wow those protesters really are scum. In the second video at 1:35, a guy kicks the shit out of a police dog, and then gets up and kicks the dog again, before the police have done anything, why would you that?

You can see quite clearly in the video footage - muslim men in islamic clothing were trying to stop fellow protestors from getting violent.

Protests turn violent all the time - transpiring into race riots, political riots, student riots and yes - religeous riots. You are a fool if you allow any violence to retract from the initial sentiment of the protest. That is not to say the violence is not something that should be ignored.
Can you name any other group in Australia in the last ten years that staged such violent protests?

It seems like this is the most dangerous and threatening group of people in Australia.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
wow.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
I haven't watched much footage of the protests, wow those protesters really are scum. In the second video at 1:35, a guy kicks the shit out of a police dog, and then gets up and kicks the dog again, before the police have done anything, why would you that?

Can you name any other group in Australia in the last ten years that staged such violent protests?

It seems like this is the most dangerous and threatening group of people in Australia.
ahemmm CRONULLA RIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Peccadillo

HSC

You say "staged such violent protests" as if this was the intention of the protest? Do you have anything evidentiary to support this accusation? If not then I believe the need to respond to your question is somewhat negated.

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
You say "staged violent protests" as if this was the intention of the protest? Do you have anything evidentiary to support this accusation? If not then I believe the need to respond to your question is somewhat negated.
I would suggest that bringing a balaclava along to a protest and instruments (non-religious) used to conceal ones face would be a sufficient implication of underlying violent intentions.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ahemmm CRONULLA RIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!
oh right lol, I forgot about that one.

It seems like this is the second most dangerous and threatening group of people in Australia

You say "staged such violent protests" as if this was the intention of the protest? Do you have anything evidentiary to support this accusation?
The evidence is all the acts of violence committed by the protesters. Also the signs held by protesters threatening violence against anyone who offends the prophet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)