Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (15 Viewers)

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Did you get the actual test paper with questions? I might give it a go if you have it - seriously though, I bet I'll full fail it because I'm not that far accelerated by my tutor. :( Also, improvements are good, so nice work I guess.
Nope sorry! Only the people who have failed get the actual test paper with questions but I can get it on Saturday and i'll pm it to you or something :)

I dont think so - especially considering the competition.
If those Ruse kids give me shit, I will seriously tell them off lol

This.

But aim to reach top 5 by year 12? You never know until you've tried your best lol
Me? top 5?

Have you seen my math thread

deswa1

HSC
Me? top 5?

Have you seen my math thread
Why not? And I'm being serious. Ok I don't want to put pressure or give you a false sense of hope or say that you have to do it but honestly- people change massively from year 10 to year 12- I know I did (especially in some subjects). If you continue getting help with things you don't understand, you'll pick it all up and improve heaps. Maybe not top five but you'll have done your best and you would be heaps better than you were before- and who knows, you might actually get top five

Aysce

HSC
Why not? And I'm being serious. Ok I don't want to put pressure or say that you have to do it but honestly- people change massively from year 10 to year 12- I know I did (especially in some subjects). If you continue getting help with things you don't understand, you'll pick it all up and improve heaps. Maybe not top five but you'll have done your best and you would be heaps better than you were before- and who knows, you might actually get top five
Top advice from des.

Consistency, hard work and confidence is all you need.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Fawn, I can help you achieve that wish. Top 5 is achievable for anyone.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Is it me or people get confused with the p00n thread and this thread?

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Yes, which makes me think its possible (dead serious).
So according to my math thread, the math marathon thread, and Demento's paper, I am terrible at math yet you think it's possible that I can get in the top 5 in year 12.

Hmm.

Why not? And I'm being serious. Ok I don't want to put pressure or give you a false sense of hope or say that you have to do it but honestly- people change massively from year 10 to year 12- I know I did (especially in some subjects). If you continue getting help with things you don't understand, you'll pick it all up and improve heaps. Maybe not top five but you'll have done your best and you would be heaps better than you were before- and who knows, you might actually get top five
Yeah I know what you mean. It's just that i'm scared to get help (lol)

Fawn, I can help you achieve that wish. Top 5 is achievable for anyone.
Tutor me after your HSC bby

Is it me or people get confused with the p00n thread and this thread?
Doesn't matter lol it's kinda the same thing (not really)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
What raw mark out of 100 (or 120) would I need to be able to state rank 4U Maths?
(90/95?)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
What raw mark out of 100 (or 120) would I need to be able to state rank 4U Maths?
(90/95?)
It use to be around 117/120, so I guess 96-97/100. Just aim for 100 and that way you'll be safe.

enoilgam

HSC
So according to my math thread, the math marathon thread, and Demento's paper, I am terrible at math yet you think it's possible that I can get in the top 5 in year 12.
I know people will disagree, but I think that thread shows that you have a lot of drive and that you don't give up just because you don't understand the work (often with maths, when people don't get the work, they just throw in the towel).

It use to be around 117/120, so I guess 96-97/100. Just aim for 100 and that way you'll be safe.
This I reckon, although it might increase a little because of the inclusion of multiple choice.

Last edited:

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Yeah I know what you mean. It's just that i'm scared to get help (lol)

Tutor me after your HSC bby
Well, you shouldn't be scared to ask for help on BoS! :) I'll definitely be asking for help whenever I need it :)

deswa1

HSC
My friend who came 3rd last year thinks he got 116 raw (he didn't pay to get the results officially) so probs around 114+ in the old system, 96+ in the new one (obviously depends on the difficulty of the paper)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)