Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (6 Viewers)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Wow, very nice! I remember you saying that she wasn't very helpful though :p Shows that a high ATAR doesn't necessarily mean that one is able to explain concepts well!
You should see my sister. Absolute rubbish - has this 'cbs' attitude.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Haha she tutors though. She gives me ideas and stuff so she does help in a way. Although she thinks i'm dumb and stuff. She goes "I got all the smart genes and the left over ones are for you" or when I asked her as a joke "So why didn't you get .95?" and she said "because I saved those for you" and all that crap lol. She puts me down a lot but oh well
What school did your sister go to?

Fawun

Queen
HSC
What school did your sister go to?
Fairfield, then went to East Hills (lol) and then to Beverly Hills. I guess I can kinda look up to her because she told me that she was just like me when she was my age. As in our neighbours all went to selective schools and my sister had Rivalry's attitude and my attitude now of "I can't beat them because they go to selective schools" but in the HSC, she beat them lol. They got 86 and she got 98.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Haha she tutors though. She gives me ideas and stuff so she does help in a way. Although she thinks i'm dumb and stuff. She goes "I got all the smart genes and the left over ones are for you" or when I asked her as a joke "So why didn't you get .95?" and she said "because I saved those for you" and all that crap lol. She puts me down a lot but oh well
I'm sure she is just joking around! :) Try and get a higher ATAR than her! :p

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Fairfield, then went to East Hills (lol) and then to Beverly Hills. I guess I can kinda look up to her because she told me that she was just like me when she was my age. As in our neighbours all went to selective schools and my sister had Rivalry's attitude and my attitude now of "I can't beat them because they go to selective schools" but in the HSC, she beat them lol. They got 86 and she got 98.
Ahh nice, good on her, shows that you can get 95+ too.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
All these high ATARs.. I'm having those moments where I see no value in trying for school altogether. :(

theind1996

HSC
N/A
All these high ATARs.. I'm having those moments where I see no value in trying for school altogether. :(
Hey, don't think like that - if you work hard enough, no matter your subject combination, you can get 95+.

What subjects are you doing next year?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Never gonna happen

Nah but she's actually naturally smart whereas I'm not.
Work hard and you'll go a lot better than you expect.

I improved SO much from the beginning of year 10 to now (which is only a year and a half ago).

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Hey, don't think like that - if you work hard enough, no matter your subject combination, you can get 95+.

What subjects are you doing next year?
Tbh I believe I could get a 98+ since I have high natural aptitude and I pick up on things easily. I mean atm I'm even accelerated a whole year and I don't find it too hard, averaging 90+% on commerical prelim papers. 90ish would easily be in my grasp but anything above 95/96.. is it worth the efforts? I'm like caught between two social groups, one with smart people and others that have fun with life but neglect studying. MUST CHOOSE A SIDE.
Subjects are MX1, Eng Adv, Phys, Chem, Bio, Marine studies

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Work hard and you'll go a lot better than you expect.

I improved SO much from the beginning of year 10 to now (which is only a year and a half ago).
Yeah but that's the thing. I do work and i'm motivated but when I study and do maths for example, I get what's going on (or sometimes I don't and I just rote learn it (don't kill me carrot)) and then the next day, I forget everything which kinda makes me not want to work lol if that makes sense.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
She was happy with what she got. She wouldn't tutor or teach because she said she didn't possess the patience required.
My sister never told me what UAI she got but from what my parents told me it was in the 60's. She decided to go to TAFE and work instead of going to university. She is happy though so I'm happy for her as well. University probably wasn't for her :)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
My sister never told me what UAI she got but from what my parents told me it was in the 60's. She decided to go to TAFE and work instead of going to university. She is happy though so I'm happy for her as well. University probably wasn't for her :)
Afaik, my sister got 32 UAI.

Awwwww yeahhhhhhhhh.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Yeah but that's the thing. I do work and i'm motivated but when I study and do maths for example, I get what's going on (or sometimes I don't and I just rote learn it (don't kill me carrot)) and then the next day, I forget everything which kinda makes me not want to work lol if that makes sense.
You're not alone :p I'm trying to stop rote-learning maths though. Maths is much more interesting when you understand why you do certain things :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)