General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (2 Viewers)

BenBrownTown

HSC
Honestly was a killer test
I ended up over analyzing section one i wrote about a page each question then 2 pages for the last one. Wrote out a great story with the first picture, feeling really good about the creative got 6 pages for it. Then ended up writing 6 pages for the essay which was a terrible question, I had to cut out parts that I wanted to quote just to finish in time.
Only two more hours of english left, then its smooth sailing

answermydream

HSC
It was tough. I barely had enough time and I'm certain I bombed the blind texts. The essay however was basically EXACTLY what I guessed so I was quite prepared for it!

oringal

Pooi
HSC
Last edited:

shongaponga

HSC
Am I the only person on here whose prescribed text is Ten Canoes? Because it really didn't work well with that question.

Aravind5

HSC
actually LOL'd at Mandingo, that totally made my day!

essay fitted the question very well
the short responses were alright, however imo i found it difficult to grasp the main concept of the non-fiction extract (papa)
creative was probably my worst, i only wrote 4 pages (my prepared one didn't fit into any)

overall, the paper was decent

Last edited:

cookeemonstah

HSC
English paper 1

How'd you guys all go?

The essay question caught me off guard, 'perceptions of belonging evolving through the passage of time'.

silentdreamer

HSC
Thought the paper in general wasn't too bad. Short answers were harder than i expected but the creative and essay were pretty simple.

sillyb3

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I'm planning on writing an e-mail or letter to the Board of Studies to ask them to reconsider the 2 hours for English. It's just too short. I barely managed to finish and so did many in my grade and from reading this thread I can see others agree. Where should a send the e-mail or letter to? I can't find an e-mail. :(

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I'm satisfied.

I was panicking during the reading time haha. I read the texts once, didn't get them at all. When i read them again it was alright :)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I'm planning on writing an e-mail or letter to the Board of Studies to ask them to reconsider the 2 hours for English. It's just too short. I barely managed to finish and so did many in my grade and from reading this thread I can see others agree. Where should a send the e-mail or letter to? I can't find an e-mail. :(
Do not do this

osak23

HSC
N/A
hey for the fken creative

the 5th option..

the chick in the cafe

since my prep story was about a restaurant , would that be iigh
insted of a chick , had a guy ??
is that fine

and comprehension was toooo hard imo

5SOS

HSC
I found the short answers hard, but for Section 3 if the question hadn't included "interaction with the world" I probably would've jumped out the window. It's was hard to talk about time for Shakespeare's As You Like It.

HSC
i spent 50 on part 1, 40 on essay and 30 on creative =(

damothelegend

HSC
Was pretty hard i thought.
the ovolving perceptions of belonging over time stuff, that threw me, never seen anything like it. haha, hopefully my what statements killed it!
stuggled for time but.
and text 4 sucked! haha

chocorett0

HSC
N/A
I stuffed up pretty bad with the comprehension. I made a bigg mistake of spending most of my time on my essay!! Creative was alright i could have done better!

enoilgam

HSC
Good to see that the paper was fairly straightforward and contained no major curveballs. Now that the first exam is done, the jitters settle and you start getting into more of a "relaxed" rhythm.

nifkeh

HSC
Gronk...I'll do it for free...they let us leave with the papers. Stop being a damn selfish twat
I left with my IPT ones last time, I think they let everyone leave with their papers for all exams (excluding your writing stuff to hand in of course)

x_cheesecake_x

HSC
Re: English paper 1

Can't think about what's already done, gotto think about the next English test :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)