General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

Newbit

HSC
Multiple choice was a bit tricky but short answer were fairly easy!

HSC
N/A
Was it:
A-tympanic membrane
B- ossicles
C-oval window???
yep
OMG SAME!!! I like died when I saw that, then had another look and derp. I was like wtf, functions of the middle part of the ear ossicles :S
THAT WAS SO TROLL.
I looked at it twice, and I didn't realise until i thought to myself, wtf the anvil doesn't do THAT much for them to base 2 marks on it. Hopefully people realised too.

rayya555

HSC
Sorry this is off topic but how do you add the atar aim to the bottom of your posts?

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
SO GOOD OMG THAT WAS AMAZING - I feel really good about it!

Aysce

HSC
Excellent exam - 1 or 2 mc im unsure but extremely happy. Hope i score well!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Did way better in my trial!

Hated teh communication section(5 marker on fish/insects enough said!), some of the MC were hard...but i still think I did decently overall but yeah, as said way better on my trial. But overall was happy when it was done :) Most people didn't like at my school, as our trial was easier imho. So amazed at somem sections that didn't a Q in.

What's b6 cut off normally?

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
They trolled everyone in the 8 marker because they knew no one would know much about Macfarlane. *insert meme for dr.evil*

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
I wrote distance of the candle from the lens. There was a ruler in the diagram, and as you know from english, nothing is placed randomly, it all has a reason! :p

I also put the distance of the candle from the lens. I don't think it was the focal lenght as you have to measure the light rays inside the flask.

gayforniall

HSC
Uni Grad
Well if you discount the fact that I completely blanked out regarding MacFarlane Burnet and I left out the One-Gene, One-Protein bread question, then... it wasn't too bad.

Roscosmos

HSC
what was that quantiative data thing ? in communication for the eye experiment ?
I put the length of the image projected onto paper, because it would vary with each lens and would show the effects of accommodation on the image with numbers. I thought about doing distance to candle but it was fixed the whole time so I dont see that its a data set that means anything

Madridismo

HSC
I put the distance of the focal length and just to be sure also the thickness of the lens.
MacFarlane Burnet I also mentioned how he discovered the self and non-self...
Stupid exam :p

For M.C. about the mature phloem and xylem cells, what was your answer? I said vascular bundle!

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
For communication, what did everyone put for the equipment matching up with the parts of the eye???

Brookensxx

HSC
For communication, what did everyone put for the equipment matching up with the parts of the eye???
I did;
paper=retina
Solution= Virtuous humor
IJK (whatever they were labeled)= lens
:/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)