Official: 2012 Modern History HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

inJust

HSC
Social and cultural life has been asked before so i'd say its probably more likely going to be leant towards the depression/hitler's accession to power
I'd die if it's accession paired with foreign policy.

mickk794

HSC
I hope the Germany question has nothing to do with foreign policy. I don't know much also on the impact of the great depression.

doublel

HSC
As many people have speculated that the Germany question will most probably be on the Great Depression, does anyone have any cites to useful resources on the topic? The Textbook i'm using "Republic to Reich" only has 1 page on the the Great Depression.

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
As many people have speculated that the Germany question will most probably be on the Great Depression, does anyone have any cites to useful resources on the topic? The Textbook i'm using "Republic to Reich" only has 1 page on the the Great Depression.
There are a multitude of resources here, just go to the resources section.

ArguablyMitch

HSC
For Hitler's accession to power, how early do you think the essay should start? i.e. In the 20s right through to '33, or just from 30-ish to 33?
I wrote an essay going from the 20's, but there's less specific detail in it than there would be if working with just the 30's instead, just because of the word limit (I don't expect to do more than 1000)

TheOptimist

HSC
Uni Grad
For Hitler's accession to power, how early do you think the essay should start? i.e. In the 20s right through to '33, or just from 30-ish to 33?
I wrote an essay going from the 20's, but there's less specific detail in it than there would be if working with just the 30's instead, just because of the word limit (I don't expect to do more than 1000)
Start from the Beerhall putsch in 1923 ---> Hitler's imprisonment and then release in 1925 ---> then go from there

TheOptimist

HSC
Uni Grad
I really hope they don't ask a question on that, it is so intertextually linked with the Nazi Party's accession to power and the initial consolidation of power as well, hence the context can be ambiguous unless the question specifies it.

ArguablyMitch

HSC
I really hope they don't ask a question on that, it is so intertextually linked with the Nazi Party's accession to power and the initial consolidation of power as well, hence the context can be ambiguous unless the question specifies it.
Yeah, I'd much prefer foreign policy. If they ask on racial policy I'll scream

Kieran95

HSC
Hey guys I'm also sort of leaning on the Great depression being a question for weimar though I want to ask how would u move from the depression 1929 that occured sort of towards the end of Weimar yet still be able to include factors that occurred before it?
This. Anyone?

Also, do you think the question would be limited to just the Great Depression or do you think it would be general question like 'Assess the view that the Great Depression was the greatest influence towards the failure of Democracy' where you can pretty much just talk about anything you want?

enoilgam

HSC
This. Anyone?

Also, do you think the question would be limited to just the Great Depression or do you think it would be general question like 'Assess the view that the Great Depression was the greatest influence towards the failure of Democracy' where you can pretty much just talk about anything you want?
It will probably be something like this I reckon.

Roy216

HSC
Nazi foreign policy would be pretty good, just asking if we did conflict in Europe could we include things from conflict in Europe into Germany if the question was on nazi foreign policy?

enoilgam

HSC
Nazi foreign policy would be pretty good, just asking if we did conflict in Europe could we include things from conflict in Europe into Germany if the question was on nazi foreign policy?
The syllabus dot point is up until 1939 so not really.

cornchips1

HSC
with Cold war, it's generally either a question more aligned to origins and the beginnings of the cold war and then the other questions will be more aligned to the thaw and the end of cold war? or not...?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I am feeling either a question on the power struggle or foreign policy. I think this would be a great combo because everyone typically studies Stalinism and the Bolshevik consolidation of power and many people often neglect foreign policy because its the last topic and the power struggle because its a minor dot point but otherwise I am feeling pretty pumped for Russia.

For Indochina I think it might be something along the lines of the changing american policy towards Indochina and maybe one on the Khmer Rouge.
Mate would love, love a leadership struggle one (what I did in my assessment task for it). Second preference a consolidation of power as I did it in my trial.

WOuld love a changing US policy on (did both assessment and trial on it), a Khmer Rouge one I'd be screwed.

declanbehan

HSC
with Cold war, it's generally either a question more aligned to origins and the beginnings of the cold war and then the other questions will be more aligned to the thaw and the end of cold war? or not...?
Not usually, if there's a question on "emerging differences" or something early like "Truman doctrine" then it really can be anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)