Official: 2012 Modern History HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
I only managed to find one brief essay, it sort of helped though I guess, but still not enough information. With that being said, if they were to ask "Assess the impact of the Great Depression in the collapse of the Wiemar Republic" would it be possible to argue a thesis along the lines of "The Great Depression had greatly contributed to the collapse however It was a series of other factors as well" then spend half the essay talking bout the great depression and the other half talking bout other factors? Or would they only look for a specific argument based solely on the Great Depression?
You can do this, although you need to be comparing these factors to the Great Depression and give them a value in comparison to that.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
So how would you structure it? Surely there wouldn't be enough content to write an essay on? :/
I honestly can't answer that without a question. But if it related to whether constitutional weaknesses lead to accession of power:

first half:

first para, political crisis background <--- link to proportional representation + article 48
2nd, rise and fall of von schleicher <---- article 48
3rd, shifty dealings leading to hitler's rise to power <--- article 48

Give heaps of info on each of these.

Then give a however for the 2nd half of the essay.

Ken Webb deals with this q in his book though, so it may be better looking at that

inJust

HSC
Occupied territories have been asked twice before but my teacher reckons it could be a possibility. I'm thinking strategies used by allied forces or reasons for the Japanese defeat
What ARE the reasons for Jap defeat?

stattam

HSC
What are the predictions for conflict in europe? I know 'final defeat' hasn't been asked but what type of question could they ask on it?

stattam

HSC
OH and whats the deal with using the same historian more than once in your essay? Say i'm using one per section of my argument, so like about 4 or 5, can i use two quotes from the same historian?

enoilgam

HSC
OH and whats the deal with using the same historian more than once in your essay? Say i'm using one per section of my argument, so like about 4 or 5, can i use two quotes from the same historian?
There is no set amount that you have to use (you dont need to use quotes at all if you dont want to). You can double up if you want.

mickk794

HSC
I hope conflict in europe questions are on turning points and final defeat, not on the holocaust or reasons for ww2 because i have no clue about them.

Also for germany national studies section, what knowledge should we need for a question asking about racial policies, or the role of the army at the time? Those two are my weakpoints from the whole germany section.

crizk

HSC
I really really hope for Germany, they ask something that deals with the ways the Weimar collapse and Nazi uprising collided.

...and for Indochina, the impact of the war on civilians, the results of the war (ARVN failure/Communist victory/US withdrawal), or even the impact of the Tet Offensive!!

21 HOURS AND THIS IS ALL OVER!!!

stattam

HSC
They won't ask for influence of the army because they asked it in 2010 and its a pretty obscure point. I really hope for Germany they just ask anything to do with the Great Depression - fall or weimar or rise of Hitler/accession to power. If not I think foreign policy and nazi ideology would be pretty basic.

mickk794

HSC
Yeah i hope Germany sections question is on either anything weimar/ rise of hitler and nazi party/nazism as totalitarianism. However i doubt they will ask totalitarianism question. If they ask a question about changes in society you could also refer that to the idea of totalitarianism and talk about complete control to convey nazi ideals.

barbernator

HSC
there is a subject called modern history? did not know this.

stattam

HSC
Well I skipped the Nazism in Power section so I'm screwed if both questions came from there. But they can't do that can they? And for conflict I skipped civilians cus that shit is boring

mickk794

HSC
Yeah i skipped racial policies and foreign policy section because i didn't learn it throughout the year.
Conflict in europe is probably my weakest topic of the whole subject. I don't know anything about Growth of European tensions, 1st half of Course of the European war and also dont know about nazi racial policies for this section.

Hopefully, BOS wrote the paper like last year. 1q of first half of time period, 1q of end of time period.

stattam

HSC
I doubt they'd do a causes question but they could easily do reasons for initial German successes. Hasn't been asked before.

mickk794

HSC
I had an assignment this year on hitler's role in nazi successes.
If that question was asked, what successes would we have to mention.. I just thought we would have to talk about total nazi control of society.

stattam

HSC
Probably that it was thanks to Hitler that the Nazi's came to power. It was mainly his ideology and his personality that won people over to the Nazi cause. Unless they mean his foreign policy successes?

Jawa

HSC
Perfect questions I want;

"Evaluate the successes and failures of democracy in the Weimar Republic to 1929", Make reference to political, economic and social issues.'

and

"Evaluate the extent to which Operation Barbarossa and El-Alamein were significant turning points in the course of World War II"

mickk794

HSC
Perfect questions I want;

"Evaluate the successes and failures of democracy in the Weimar Republic to 1929", Make reference to political, economic and social issues.'

and

"Evaluate the extent to which Operation Barbarossa and El-Alamein were significant turning points in the course of World War II"
+1
These are my perfect questions. I could answer these without much revision. However, i doubt that these will come up. They have been asked a few times already.

nalion

HSC
Well I skipped the Nazism in Power section so I'm screwed if both questions came from there. But they can't do that can they?
I skipped Nazism in power as well. I'm completely and utterly screwed if there are 2 questions from there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)