Official: 2012 Modern History HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
Only now do I realise how difficult Modern history is. The subject is based so much on luck, depending on what you managed to study. Having the ability to answer any potential question from the syllabus with great detail is extremely challenging. I don't know how some people can retain all of that information. Good on them though.

I am hoping for Germany, that the question is on Foreign Policy.
i really underestimated history, i aced year 10 elective and australian history but that is nothing compared to modern history

enoilgam

HSC
I see, would you say that the marking scheme is generous? as if it were a first draft?
I think the way Modern is marked is pretty fair I think. Also, the marking criteria is pretty specific so this removes most of the subjectivity. Both my modern teachers were HSC markers and when marking my essays, they were never off each other by more than 2 marks on the same response.

If they were marked at a uni standard, then the marks would drop quite a bit.

enoilgam

HSC
enoil, do you know what the scaling is like between topics (if there is any) - sorry if this has been mentioned already elsewhere.
Not really - to be honest I'm not even sure whether there is option scaling with modern. I only heard about it this year (cem would know more).

Roy216

HSC
For conflict in europe, if we get a question on the dictators, then we would need to talk about Hitler and Mussolini. I know plenty on Hitler (Nazi Foreign Policy, Lebensraum, Aryan and German supremacy, defied the ToV and LoN) but what about Mussolini? all i know on Mussolini is he wanted to create a neo-Roman empire and that he invaded Abyssinia, is there anything else?

Cheesecake_a

HSC
I am hoping Germany is something to do with Totalitarianism... that would be perfect, but I doubt it..

And what is the raw mark for a band five? Like a mid band 5 (85)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Spanish Civil War would also be in a discussion of the dictators as both Italy and Germany sent troops to help Franco.

As for the internal scaling - yes it happens so that the options are comparable with the Core as the benchmark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)