Do most schools have people who leave 40-30 minutes early? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I really need to ask, what kind of employment are we talking about here?
All forms of employment almost. There are not many jobs where you do not have to work as part of a team etc.

deswa1

HSC
Why is it relevant?
To work out if you just feel this way because you are jealous of people who can simultaneously get a 99 ATAR and have a social life...

BUT, this whole debate is missing the inherent idea of individual potential. For some people, they could study 10 hours a day, go all out and get a 95 ATAR whilst someone else can get a 99.95 with 2 hours a day. Its all individual-> you can't generalise a relationship between performance and social ability AT ALL

2xL

HSC
professional basketball player
Lol. Just to play along, yeah sure I'd sign a basketball player who is "good in all avenues of life" to a max contract rather than the elite player cos he'll be introverted.

barbernator

HSC
Yes, I will happily say I got less than 95.
Ohhhhh shit man soooo good, teach me how to be social like you even though you didn't get what you most probably wanted. Fuck I wish I could get an atar <95. I would never want to try and get over 95 because I would be socially inept and have a shit life, no job opportunities and no friends.

go fuck yourself.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Ohhhhh shit man soooo good, teach me how to be social like you because you didn't get what you most probably wanted.

The mark I received was more than enough to gain me entry into the undergraduate bachelor degree I wanted.

Rawf

HSC
Ohhhhh shit man soooo good, teach me how to be social like you even though you didn't get what you most probably wanted. Fuck I wish I could get an atar <95. I would never want to try and get over 95 because I would be socially inept and have a shit life, no job opportunities and no friends.

go fuck yourself.
looooooool

TheOnlyOne

HSC
Are you kidding? Majority? What kind of society do you live in? Almost all IF NOT ALL the people i know who have got 95+ are perfectly sociable. Just stop.
When you say social, what do you mean? Do you mean that they attend a group tutoring session twice a week, go on facebook for 20 minutes every night and are a part of the school chess team?

The word 'social' means something different to different people. Going back to the original argument about employment, you people are deluded if you think that a high ATAR and HD averages in your uni course is going to land you a job. Employers consider many things like extra curricular activities like part-time jobs, playing competitive sport etc. A lot (not all) really high achievers (99+) generally sacrifice these pursuits (at least partially).

However probably the most important aspect of getting a job is how well you interview.

Its amazing how many people here think that achieving a high ATAR and achieving HD averages means that they are going to be brilliant at a job. There is no job that is anything like school or uni and pretty much every job requires some level of human interaction. Just by the arguments on here I would say a fair amount of you dont understand how the real world works.

TheOnlyOne

HSC
Lol. Just to play along, yeah sure I'd sign a basketball player who is "good in all avenues of life" to a max contract rather than the elite player cos he'll be introverted.
You obviously dont understand sport. Majority of teams would not want the really elite player who isnt a team player, doesnt get on with teammates and coaches and causes friction in the dressing room (Allen Iverson anyone?) They would prefer the slightly worse player who is a brilliant team player and brings chemistry to the dressing room (I guess you could class this as being more 'social'?)

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
When you say social, what do you mean? Do you mean that they attend a group tutoring session twice a week, go on facebook for 20 minutes every night and are a part of the school chess team?

The word 'social' means something different to different people. Going back to the original argument about employment, you people are deluded if you think that a high ATAR and HD averages in your uni course is going to land you a job. Employers consider many things like extra curricular activities like part-time jobs, playing competitive sport etc. A lot (not all) really high achievers (99+) generally sacrifice these pursuits (at least partially).

However probably the most important aspect of getting a job is how well you interview.

Its amazing how many people here think that achieving a high ATAR and achieving HD averages means that they are going to be brilliant at a job. There is no job that is anything like school or uni and pretty much every job requires some level of human interaction. Just by the arguments on here I would say a fair amount of you dont understand how the real world works.
Sacrificing SOME social events to do well academically does NOT mean that you are socially inept.

TheOnlyOne

HSC
Sacrificing SOME social events to do well academically does NOT mean that you are socially inept.
Thats the whole point. The original point was that an employer would go for someone who is more 'well rounded' and has excelled (and participated) in areas outside of school rather than the 99+ ATAR. Then everyone twisted it around to somehow mean you are socially inept if you get a really high ATAR.

Its funny how many people associate being 'social' as going out partying, getting drunk etc. They are completely missing the point.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You obviously dont understand sport. Majority of teams would not want the really elite player who isnt a team player, doesnt get on with teammates and coaches and causes friction in the dressing room (Allen Iverson anyone?) They would prefer the slightly worse player who is a brilliant team player and brings chemistry to the dressing room (I guess you could class this as being more 'socail'?)
This.

Last edited:

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Inb4 Aaron6693, Sophieeaton and TheOnlyOne are actually the same person. Number of posts, writing style, and join date suggest that they are.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Inb4 Aaron6693, Sophieeaton and TheOnlyOne are actually the same person. Number of posts, writing style, and join date suggest that they are.
It depends, if they start lying about shit, then we'll know they're the same person

sophieeaton

HSC
N/A
Um, sorry what? Because it's impossible to believe more than one other person could have a different view?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Riproot I think more likely than me making these points based on insecurity about my results is your vehement denial because you're insecure about your own social skills....
hhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm WAAAAAAYYYY more insecure about my results (I only got 94.75) than my social skills. Lol
I do have days where I think "man, I should probs study instead of going to that party" but that is like 1 in 100 days. Apart from that I am social as fuck. Lol
If you knew me you would not even… wot rong you?
Stop embarrassing yourself. Lol

TheOnlyOne

HSC
Not sure about the Aaron6693 and Sophieeaton being the same person but I'm not any of them. I joined so I could point out how so many of the people commenting do not understand how the real world works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)