Elementary school shooting in Conneticut (1 Viewer)

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
they need tighter gun laws, even though it's regulated you still see people misusing their guns, all these massacres and stuff could have been stopped if guns weren't available to the general public, unless they needed it for vermin control or recreational sports such as rifle shooting, dunno about shooting game. It's sad to see these types of people get a gun, go into a shopping centre, school or highly populated area and shoot randomly at people who they don't know personally, and these people are students, parents, children, just ordinary people and then they die just because of one man who decides to shoot people because he feels the need to. all these lives are lost due to one person, and also because he was technically able to misuse what was legally regulated, and not enough preventative measures were there to stop him. He only gets stopped after he kills people, and rarely is prevented from doing so. Despite the school doing their lockdown drill, it isn't enough to stop the problem, the man from shooting. Countless people could be now living if your ordinary resident in America was prohibited from owning a gun on the purposes of self defence, which can also be misused to shoot innocent people en masse in a short amount of time as the state allowed them to own a gun on the basis of trust. People can't be trusted, this attitude of gun ownership needs to be changed to suit the safety of the public and to also prevent possible circumstances from recurring again.
yes but if I didn't have this gun, the king of England could walk right in here and start pushing you around.
d'you want that? Huh? Do ya?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
yes but if I didn't have this gun, the king of England could walk right in here and start pushing you around.
d'you want that? Huh? Do ya?
Five star post right there

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
yeah it happens all the time so who cares right?

(i'm not being srs ok)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread is full of so many "tl;dr" posts. Except effy's, 5 stars again.

Also:

I love (hate) people, they're the best (worst).

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
for the record lolsmiths post is not tl;dr it is probably worth reading m8s

i wish i could legally carry a small firearm to protect myself. I have lost count of the number of times I have called my mum/boyfriend/boss when i'm walking home by myself from uni, when i've been closing up my work by myself, even using public bathrooms in a quiet area like srsly people are raped and burgled and """jumped""" all the time. That quote pretty much sums it up. If there are no guns, the bigger person automatically wins. If carrying firearms was legal, do you not think that maybe some people would think twice about committing these crimes because 'they could have a gun on them because it is legal to do so'

One of my friends from uni walked outside of a club up here to take a phone call, walked maybe 15m around the corner and 3 dudes pulled up and pulled her into their car. she put her phnoe on loud speaker and started shouting out details about the dudes, the car, direction of where they were going and they saw the phone and she said it was the police on loudspeaker so they threw her out of the car.

tl;dr guns r great

Last edited:

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
for the record lolsmiths post is not tl;dr it is probably worth reading m8s

i wish i could legally carry a small firearm to protect myself. I have lost count of the number of times I have called my mum/boyfriend/boss when i'm walking home by myself from uni, when i've been closing up my work by myself, even using public bathrooms in a quiet area like srsly people are raped and burgled and """jumped""" all the time. That quote pretty much sums it up. If there are no guns, the bigger person automatically wins. If carrying firearms was legal, do you not think that maybe some people would think twice about committing these crimes because 'they could have a gun on them because it is legal to do so'

One of my friends from uni walked outside of a club up here to take a phone call, walked maybe 15m around the corner and 3 dudes pulled up and pulled her into their car. she put her phnoe on loud speaker and started shouting out details about the dudes, the car, direction of where they were going and they saw the phone and she said it was the police on loudspeaker so they threw her out of the car.

tl;dr guns r great
learn krav maga bby

Dash8

HSC
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahah

holy fuck this entire post is full of stupid
Lolsmith, how about you learn to have a proper debate and not be so incredibly insulting. At least nifkeh stated their opinion. Your post far more stupid and doesn't contribute anything to this post.

I have to agree with nifkeh. Allowing the general public access to such lethal weapons is just totally rediculous. To those people who think that owning a gun is necessary for self defence, do you honestly expect 5 year olds to be carrying guns to school to protect themselves from future massacres? Having to own a gun for self defence is not freedom in my opinion. I'd hate to be living in constant fear that someone could shoot me at any place and I'd have to shoot them back. What if they are wearing a bullet proof vest like this guy in Connecticut? That means everyone will have to wear bullet proof vests otherwise he has the advantage. The US should make firearms totally illegal.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Lolsmith, how about you learn to have a proper debate and not be so incredibly insulting. At least nifkeh stated their opinion. Your post far more stupid and doesn't contribute anything to this post.

I have to agree with nifkeh. Allowing the general public access to such lethal weapons is just totally rediculous. To those people who think that owning a gun is necessary for self defence, do you honestly expect 5 year olds to be carrying guns to school to protect themselves from future massacres? Having to own a gun for self defence is not freedom in my opinion. I'd hate to be living in constant fear that someone could shoot me at any place and I'd have to shoot them back. What if they are wearing a bullet proof vest like this guy in Connecticut? That means everyone will have to wear bullet proof vests otherwise he has the advantage. The US should make firearms totally illegal.
What? You clearly didnt look at his follow up post nor Alexis' link.

Gun control is a flawed policy, and a deranged lunatic will find a way to cause harm.

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC

wow thank you very much. you don't really give a fuck about people's liberty and safety. it's all about what you want to do (and don't want to do) and you want to impose your likes and dislikes on *everybody*.

yea how about you fuck off you fucking cunt you don't get to decide what the US should do.

fucking hell I knew there was a reason why I left this place this is just fucking infuriating

Last edited by a moderator:

Dash8

HSC
wow thank you very much. you don't really give a fuck about people's liberty and safety. it's all about what you want to do (and don't want to do) and you want to impose your likes and dislikes on *everybody*.

yea how about you fuck off you fucking cunt you don't get to decide what the US should do.

fucking hell I knew there was a reason why I left this place this is just fucking infuriating
What the hell did you just call me? I just can not believe how insulting people are on this site.....what is wrong with you?

My entire post was about my concern for people's liberty and safety. I don't think allowing the general public such easy access to guns is the best idea. All I did was voice my own opinion....I don't see why you would have a tantrum over that?

Thanks for completely lowering the tone of this entire thread.....

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
What the hell did you just call me? I just can not believe how insulting people are on this site.....what is wrong with you?

My entire post was about my concern for people's liberty and safety. I don't think allowing the general public such easy access to guns is the best idea. All I did was voice my own opinion....I don't see why you would have a tantrum over that?

Thanks for completely lowering the tone of this entire thread.....
It was because you greatly disregarded any argument that was put forward and made it ~your~ opinion.

And hes naughty.

Dash, gun laws are strict there and here, (here more strict) but it still wont stop them being sold via illegal means or a crazed loony getting their hands on something just as nasty.

Take a gander at china, 22 children slashed with a knife the same day these kids were shot.

Australia for instance, strict gun laws, I cant hunt game. Found me a loophole and bought a compound bow capable of punching holes through trees @70m.
I dont need a license for that, which surprised me greatly due to the damage these things can do.

Point is if you take one tool away, they will find another tool to use.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Guns don't kill people, people who support guns kill people

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Spoons dont make people fat, people who use spoons make people fat.
Yes. People who advocate for the increased use of spoons compared to a neutral comparative norm make people fat.

Dash8

HSC
It was because you greatly disregarded any argument that was put forward and made it ~your~ opinion.

And hes naughty.

Dash, gun laws are strict there and here, (here more strict) but it still wont stop them being sold via illegal means or a crazed loony getting their hands on something just as nasty.

Take a gander at china, 22 children slashed with a knife the same day these kids were shot.

Australia for instance, strict gun laws, I cant hunt game. Found me a loophole and bought a compound bow capable of punching holes through trees @70m.
I dont need a license for that, which surprised me greatly due to the damage these things can do.

Point is if you take one tool away, they will find another tool to use.
The difference between the Chinese and US incident was that none of the 22 people slashed actually died. Of course people are going to find other methods to kill, but guns are the easiest way to kill a lot of people. Taking guns away will make it a lot harder for people to kill. I don't have a problem with people using guns or cross bows for hunting game or other sports, but there's the minority that will not use guns for sports and because of this, I don't think annyone should be allowed to possess any sort of gun (apart from police or the armed forces). It's a shame but I think it needs to happen (and it probably won't).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)