Elementary school shooting in Conneticut (1 Viewer)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
How about having stricter gun control on automatics/rifles.

And most importantly, implement some government health plan. Mental health is the issue here, not guns.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The difference between the Chinese and US incident was that none of the 22 people slashed actually died. Of course people are going to find other methods to kill, but guns are the easiest way to kill a lot of people. Taking guns away will make it a lot harder for people to kill. I don't have a problem with people using guns or cross bows for hunting game or other sports, but there's the minority that will not use guns for sports and because of this, I don't think annyone should be allowed to possess any sort of gun (apart from police or the armed forces). It's a shame but I think it needs to happen (and it probably won't).
You have no idea how the Australian firearms law's work do you?

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
learn krav maga bby
actually srsly considering it. there's a jew karate place like 5-10 inutes drive from me

What the hell did you just call me? I just can not believe how insulting people are on this site.....what is wrong with you?

My entire post was about my concern for people's liberty and safety. I don't think allowing the general public such easy access to guns is the best idea. All I did was voice my own opinion....I don't see why you would have a tantrum over that?

Thanks for completely lowering the tone of this entire thread.....
taking away someones right to protect themselves and their property is infringing on their civil liberties and safety. Telling someone they legally cannot do something is robbing them of that freedom. (pls don' trivialise my argument by saying 'what about murder we tell people not to murder and that is good' because murder infringes on other peoples' right to you know live)

and i mean there is a huge black market for illegal firearms i.e. for crims to buy unregistered guns, and stricter gun control laws will not stop that so why can they illegally acquire firearms when normal citizens who will most likely be the victims of the crazy peoplenot be allowed to protect themselves?

lol, oh you.

Guns don't kill people, people who support guns kill people
I support guns. I wish i could carry a small firearm and if I could I definitely would does this mean i will kill people or support the killing of people? srsly m8.

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
actually srsly considering it. there's a jew karate place like 5-10 inutes drive from me

taking away someones right to protect themselves and their property is infringing on their civil liberties and safety. Telling someone they legally cannot do something is robbing them of that freedom. (pls don' trivialise my argument by saying 'what about murder we tell people not to murder and that is good' because murder infringes on other peoples' right to you know live)

and i mean there is a huge black market for illegal firearms i.e. for crims to buy unregistered guns, and stricter gun control laws will not stop that so why can they illegally acquire firearms when normal citizens who will most likely be the victims of the crazy peoplenot be allowed to protect themselves?

lol, oh you.

I support guns. I wish i could carry a small firearm and if I could I definitely would does this mean i will kill people or support the killing of people? srsly m8.
hahahahaha fuck jew karate

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Nope and what do the Australian laws have to do what I just said?

The fact you think anyone can just waltz down to their local gun shop and buy one.

US has strict laws, Australia has strict laws, because im typing this in between games of BF3 i cbf'd looking for statistics, but you'd find most gun related crimes/homicides are down by stolen or illegal imported weapons.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I have to agree with nifkeh. Allowing the general public access to such lethal weapons is just totally rediculous.
Have you ever thought about learning the first fucking thing about a topic before you take such a strong position on it?

To those people who think that owning a gun is necessary for self defence, do you honestly expect 5 year olds to be carrying guns to school to protect themselves from future massacres?
No, nobody ever said that. Evidence from Europe shows that if someone wan ts to shoot up a school, they'll do it whether guns are legally available or not.

Having to own a gun for self defence is not freedom in my opinion. I'd hate to be living in constant fear that someone could shoot me at any place and I'd have to shoot them back. What if they are wearing a bullet proof vest like this guy in Connecticut? That means everyone will have to wear bullet proof vests otherwise he has the advantage. The US should make firearms totally illegal.
You're an idiot. Idiots get guns whether they're legal or not, people commit violent crime using weapons other than firearms.

Gun control hasn't reduced violent crime in Australia, so legalizing guns can only help innocent people protect themselves against violent criminals.

How about having stricter gun control on automatics/rifles.
most gun crime is committed with illegal handguns, not legal rifles.

Last edited:

Dash8

HSC

lol, oh you.

Alexis, 12000 people in the US died in 2008 from gun related homicides. In Japan, 11 died. In the US, 88% of people own at least one firearm while Japan has the lowest firearm ownership in the developed world. Is that right there, not proof that banning guns will save more lives? I don't care if that's freedom or not, I'd much rather live in a country where just 11 people have died from gun related incidents, two of which were an accident.

This proves to me that giving everyone access to a gun doesn't work. In theory, your argument does seem true, that if everyone owns a gun, they can protect themselves, but in reality, it's just not the case.

Also, saying that "there is a huge black market for illegal firearms" means nothing. How do you know this? Do you know how many illegal firearms are around? I'd imagine that would be difficult to work out.

By the way, my numbers came from an article in the Washington post.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Taking guns away will make it a lot harder for people to kill.
The top five states for gun violence in america have extremely strict gun laws.

By your logic, Chicago should on the safest cities in america (spoiler alert: the opposite is true).

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Alexis, 12000 people in the US died in 2008 from gun related homicides. In Japan, 11 died.
Such statistics are meaningless without controlling for underlying violent crime rate.

Asians commit less violent crime so there will always be a difference in gun deaths regardless of gun laws.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Alexis, 12000 people in the US died in 2008 from gun related homicides. In Japan, 11 died. In the US, 88% of people own at least one firearm while Japan has the lowest firearm ownership in the developed world. Is that right there, not proof that banning guns will save more lives? I don't care if that's freedom or not, I'd much rather live in a country where just 11 people have died from gun related incidents, two of which were an accident.

This proves to me that giving everyone access to a gun doesn't work. In theory, your argument does seem true, that if everyone owns a gun, they can protect themselves, but in reality, it's just not the case.

Also, saying that "there is a huge black market for illegal firearms" means nothing. How do you know this? Do you know how many illegal firearms are around? I'd imagine that would be difficult to work out.

By the way, my numbers came from an article in the Washington post.
sounded like it came from columbine..

Dash8

HSC
The fact you think anyone can just waltz down to their local gun shop and buy one.

US has strict laws, Australia has strict laws, because im typing this in between games of BF3 i cbf'd looking for statistics, but you'd find most gun related crimes/homicides are down by stolen or illegal imported weapons.
I never said in any of my posts that you can waltz down to a local shop to buy a gun nor do I think that. But I know for a fact that its far easier to buy guns in the US which is probably why 88% of people own one, the highest in the developed world. When I was over there, we went into a Wal Mart (a bit like a Big W) and there were glass display cabinets with rifles in them and ammunition close by. It's crazy that a department store like that can sell guns!

Dash8

HSC
The top five states for gun violence in america have extremely strict gun laws.

By your logic, Chicago should on the safest cities in america (spoiler alert: the opposite is true).
How strict? Probably not strict enough I'm guessing?

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
lol brett mate i lost it at "(spoiler alert)"

haha dash you are seriously retarded who even gave you a pedestal they should take it back.

comparing completely different cultures lol ok seems legit.

why are you like this why do you hate freedom

guns are great. do you like rape and robbery? (you do don't you)

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
How strict? Probably not strict enough I'm guessing?
but the point is, you ninny, that gun control laws have nothing to do with anything. all gun laws do is take away the right for an individual to protect themself when some crazy person can obtain one illegally.

look at the flipping link i posted. every other type of crime has gone up since gun control laws have been impletmented under Howard. in the US crime has gone down. gun control laws don't do diddly squat m8

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I never said in any of my posts that you can waltz down to a local shop to buy a gun nor do I think that. But I know for a fact that its far easier to buy guns in the US which is probably why 88% of people own one, the highest in the developed world.
And I bet 88% of those people passed their tests. US laws are governed state by state, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Connecticut.

When I was over there, we went into a Wal Mart (a bit like a Big W) and there were glass display cabinets with rifles in them and ammunition close by. It's crazy that a department store like that can sell guns!
No not really. Go walk into any hunting store here and have a look. Their stock is behind glass, but their gear is backed away during closing hours under their legal obligation.

Dash8

HSC
lol brett mate i lost it at "(spoiler alert)"

haha dash you are seriously retarded who even gave you a pedestal they should take it back.

comparing completely different cultures lol ok seems legit.

why are you like this why do you hate freedom

guns are great. do you like rape and robbery? (you do don't you)
You shouldn't make random, vague claims like me being retarded or that I hate freedom, cause both of those are untrue. Sorry guys, but you can't argue with the facts. Basically, if you let the public have guns, there will be more shootings, massacres etc. If you take away those guns and make them illegal, there will be less. It's as simple as that.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You shouldn't make random, vague claims like me being retarded or that I hate freedom, cause both of those are untrue. Sorry guys, but you can't argue with the facts. Basically, if you let the public have guns, there will be more shootings, massacres etc. If you take away those guns and make them illegal, there will be less. It's as simple as that.
Ill make it as simple as possible.

If every normal sane person held a permit to own and owned a pistol, crimes would drop.

You know why?

Because none of the retards would be game to pull a gun on someone who would also have a gun.

Very vague, but take the wild west era for example. Nearly everyone had a firearm of some sort, was there massacres? No. Why? Because everyone would drop the idiot before he could fire off another shot.

Dash8

HSC
Ill make it as simple as possible.

If every normal sane person held a permit to own and owned a pistol, crimes would drop.

You know why?

Because none of the retards would be game to pull a gun on someone who would also have a gun.

Very vague, but take the wild west era for example. Nearly everyone had a firearm of some sort, was there massacres? No. Why? Because everyone would drop the idiot before he could fire off another shot.
I don't think so. Someone could just take up a hidden position with a sniper rifle and shoot people down. I don't think it would be difficult to kill a lot of unsuspecting people even if they had guns. Also, children can't use guns so the maniacs will probably just target more schools and pre-schools. I think that allowing people to have guns has more flaws that not allowing people guns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)