The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

That is true, but most stations aren't major stations!

And last time I went to ANZ though, I do remember a long walk from Olympic Park.
It really isn't that far - a few minutes at most. The station i caught a train from wasn't a major station either and it was one train to Olympic Park, but it is near Blacktown so maybe that has something to do with it.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

They just felt the Melbourne and Sydney sides had to be split up for a fair competition i think. Supposedly Thunder were almost a Western Sydney team and Sixers were supposed to be for eastern sydney but that hasn't made any difference. I read somewhere that Cricket Australia were wanting Thunder to recruit Indian, Sri Lankan players etc. to increase the fan base among the asian population.

If there was a real Western Sydney team i'd support them but both teams have alright players and i supported Thunder last year (despite not watching any matches) and decided to swap and support Sixers this year because Warner swapped teams.
LOL, sydney teams are last and 2nd last.

michaeljennings

HSC

yea this is true, i dont think it was for a fairer competition i think it was to try create rivalries and to have more teams in the comp to attract more money. I think the stars renegades games always attract huge crowds

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Yeah =S, to be fair Sixers did win last year as well as the Champions League.

yea this is true, i dont think it was for a fairer competition i think it was to try create rivalries and to have more teams in the comp to attract more money. I think the stars renegades games always attract huge crowds
You are probably right, early on in the comp i was kinda hoping for Thunder to go bad but now i just wish they weren't both at the bottom!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Thunder would be number 1 if Gayle was in form.

michaeljennings

HSC

no. the rest of their team is not good enough.
+1 they remind me of the gold coast suns, jsut a one man team as if all their money goes towards that one player and then they could only afford base price players everywhere else

Gayle played some pretty good innings last season but they still finished last

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Gayle is fairly overrated imo, but i think a lot of good players from overseas are so my opinion counts for nothing. Kind of reminds me of the situation some of the IPL teams got into by over paying for some players.

michaeljennings

HSC

Gayle is fairly overrated imo, but i think a lot of good players from overseas are so my opinion counts for nothing. Kind of reminds me of the situation some of the IPL teams got into by over paying for some players.
gayle was in really bad form against bangladesh before he starting playing in this seasons bbl but even still find me any bowler than feels comfortable running in to bowl to gayle and ill admit hes overrated.

yea the IPL overpays their indian players

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

gayle was in really bad form against bangladesh before he starting playing in this seasons bbl but even still find me any bowler than feels comfortable running in to bowl to gayle and ill admit hes overrated.
Even though sixes aren't going too well they are an actual team unlike thunder who just have Gayle then randoms

michaeljennings

HSC

Even though sixes aren't going too well they are an actual team unlike thunder who just have Gayle then randoms
yea sixers have a good balance, and one of the best t20 bowling attacks when they haev everyone on deck
thunder is just gayle and then a bunch of state cricket hasbeens like cosgrove and rogers and a few useless overseas players

michaeljennings

HSC

ill just point out i dont hate the thunder, im just really annoyed at how theyve played over the last two seasons. Other than gayle its as if none of their batsman can hit it off the square

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

yea the IPL overpays their indian players
Yep, was ridiculous seeing players not selected for the Indian team and average players going for more than star foreign players. The cap on how many foreign players could play and the fact that the BCCI put the IPL in it's own window really made the auctions bizarre. What even happened to the IPL? Seemed to die out by about the third season, anyone know how it's going at the moment?

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

yea sixers have a good balance, and one of the best t20 bowling attacks when they haev everyone on deck
thunder is just gayle and then a bunch of state cricket hasbeens like cosgrove and rogers and a few useless overseas players
Cosgrove lol. Saw him trying to stop a boundary against the hurricanes, it was so pathetic.

michaeljennings

HSC

Yep, was ridiculous seeing players not selected for the Indian team and average players going for more than star foreign players. The cap on how many foreign players could play and the fact that the BCCI put the IPL in it's own window really made the auctions bizarre. What even happened to the IPL? Seemed to die out by about the third season, anyone know how it's going at the moment?
yea haha idk it got so repetitive i stopped watching after the 2nd season. yea its a joke how they pick their domestic players over foreign players. I hate all kinds of indian cricket LOL im happy their national team is struggling

michaeljennings

HSC

Cosgrove lol. Saw him trying to stop a boundary against the hurricanes, it was so pathetic.
fuck hes so shit lol saw him play a few ryobi games earlier this season and it was jsut embarrasing to watch. Correct me if im wrong but hes doing pretty well in the 4 day format?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

yea haha idk it got so repetitive i stopped watching after the 2nd season. yea its a joke how they pick their domestic players over foreign players. I hate all kinds of indian cricket LOL im happy their national team is struggling
Haha yeah, they are such sore losers too - the fans too half the time. But i don't have to worry about as many of them anymore now im not in school! Couldn't really care less about how they go anymore unless it's against Australia.

I used to support Deccan Chargers in the first couple of seasons but i hear they have been cut now =S

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

fuck hes so shit lol saw him play a few ryobi games earlier this season and it was jsut embarrasing to watch. Correct me if im wrong but hes doing pretty well in the 4 day format?
I don't really know man, I'm following Henriques he's doing really well in the 4 day format but he's going shit in BBL

michaeljennings

HSC

Haha yeah, they are such sore losers too - the fans too half the time. But i don't have to worry about as many of them anymore now im not in school! Couldn't really care less about how they go anymore unless it's against Australia.

I used to support Deccan Chargers in the first couple of seasons but i hear they have been cut now =S
oh wow lol i didnt know teams were getting cut. haha yea indians are sore losers. Liek when symonds accused harbajhan of being racist, rather than standing and fighting the case they threatened to get on a plane and go home. pathetic response. Cant stand ravi shastri either most biased commentator ive ever heard

michaeljennings

HSC

I don't really know man, I'm following Henriques he's doing really well in the 4 day format but he's going shit in BBL
yea henriques is having a really good season after he performed well in the champions league but his bbl form has been pretty poor unfortunately

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)