Gay Marriage and Gay Couples having children (through surrogate, adoption etc) (1 Viewer)

What are your views?

• Total voters

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
theres a difference between gays not being allowed to get married and blacks not allowed in shops or say women not to work. These are rights but is gays being allowed to get married a right? this is a never ending debate, so ill leave it at that. I dont even know and im confusing whether to support or oppose. but back on topic, ive got nothing against them having kids, theres plenty of kids that need a home
so they can have kids but they can't have the state recognise their relationship on the same level as heterosexuals?

brittanyando

HSC
N/A
well im almost too gay to function :p but what i don't understand is why people oppose gay marriage.. i mean.. you're denying normal human beings the same HUMAN rights that hetero people have. I'm engaged to my girlfriend, and we plan to go get married in f*ckin new zealand because Julia Gillard needs to pull her head out of her ass because it's not a hat.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
so they can have kids but they can't have the state recognise their relationship on the same level as heterosexuals?
Yeah apparently denying marriage to a certain group of people isn't discrimination at all. Yeah how about we make laws that there shouldn't be interracial marriages in order to keep racial purity.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
well im almost too gay to function :p but what i don't understand is why people oppose gay marriage.. i mean.. you're denying normal human beings the same HUMAN rights that hetero people have. I'm engaged to my girlfriend, and we plan to go get married in f*ckin new zealand because Julia Gillard needs to pull her head out of her ass because it's not a hat.
>In high school
>engaged
>lesbian

seems legit.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Ugh this thread is boring now. There is no rational argument against gays having kids or getting hitched. All I've seen so far is poorly covered up homophobia of which in the western world has passed its use by date. I honestly give it 30 years max till the only strong block of opposition can no longer oppose over due changes to the law, by virtue of the fact they'll all be dead.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Ugh this thread is boring now. There is no rational argument against gays having kids or getting hitched. All I've seen so far is poorly covered up homophobia of which in the western world has passed its use by date. I honestly give it 30 years max till the only strong block of opposition can no longer oppose over due changes to the law, by virtue of the fact they'll all be dead.
The rationality is truly present. You just lack the ability to see the rationality in any argument that opposes your viewpoint.

Off.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
ugh seriously there is nothing worse and more offensive than overstating your plight because you're too dumb to realise

The rationality is truly present. You just lack the ability to see the rationality in any argument that opposes your viewpoint.

Off.
Your points have no basis in reality other than your feelings which aren't rational anyway

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I honestly give it 30 years max till the only strong block of opposition can no longer oppose over due changes to the law, by virtue of the fact they'll all be dead.
oh please

in 30 years, gays having kids will be the lest concern of those living in the west

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
oh please

in 30 years, gays having kids will be the lest concern of those living in the west
True, it's why I said 30 years max. It will become such a non issue by then that it will pass with no fuss at all.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
True, it's why I said 30 years max. It will become such a non issue by then that it will pass with no fuss at all.
No, I mean that S with will have HTF so badly by this stage that talking about gay adoption will be seen as an indulgent triviality.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Although I don't like the thought of homosexuality, I don't believe it is my right/business to tell others what do do with their lives.
Regarding gay couples having children, I have no problems if the child is adopted because it has no parents/home. But I cannot stomach the idea of surrogacy. Children should not be 'bred' for the sole purpose of handing them to another couple, whether that couple is gay or straight. Everyone involved in such a 'transaction' is thinking more about themselves than the wellbeing of a child.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Although I don't like the thought of homosexuality, I don't believe it is my right/business to tell others what do do with their lives.
Regarding gay couples having children, I have no problems if the child is adopted because it has no parents/home. But I cannot stomach the idea of surrogacy. Children should not be 'bred' for the sole purpose of handing them to another couple, whether that couple is gay or straight. Everyone involved in such a 'transaction' is thinking more about themselves than the wellbeing of a child.
so parents that have carefully thought out the pros and cons of having children and are willing to spend absurd amounts of money on making sure that child arrives safely and healthily in the world are not thinking about the wellbeing of a child

but a pair of drug addled adults who don't even possess the foresight to utilise birth control either at all or properly, or barely have the ability to care for themselves do have the wellbeing of a child in mind, just as long as they don't intend on having a child

right

Frostbitten

HSC
so parents that have carefully thought out the pros and cons of having children and are willing to spend absurd amounts of money on making sure that child arrives safely and healthily in the world are not thinking about the wellbeing of a child

but a pair of drug addled adults who don't even possess the foresight to utilise birth control either at all or properly, or barely have the ability to care for themselves do have the wellbeing of a child in mind, just as long as they don't intend on having a child

right
Bro, as if you can't see the logic in the argument. XD

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

right
flawed logic
bro, as if you can't see the logic in the argument. Xd
+1 repped.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
All for it. The world is struggling with over-population, so if there are people willing to adopt children rather than create more that's a pretty good thing. Even with surrogacy due to the lengthy and deliberate nature of the process there aren't excessive and (though this is a horrible way of describing it) unwanted children resulting from a relationship. Also, as the prospective mothers are generally chosen based upon their beneficial characteristics (intelligence, beauty, etc.) and unlike dating you can select the absolute best from a pool of healthy young women to contribute her genetic material to the child, the more gay people that choose to have children in this way the better the human race may become. Also, I would assume that any reputable agency would screen for communicable diseases which pass from mother to child which could help reduce the number of people affected by diseases such as AIDS and chlamydia. In a world in which thousands of professionals are assigned to help solve the issue of over population, it makes absolutely no sense to not back gay couples.

yasminee96

HSC
I actually don't really care about someone's sexuality, and i honestly have nothing against homosexual couples.
I feel i'm against people bringing a child into the world, knowing they'll be ridiculed.
I mean, yes, surely the situation will dull down a bit, but do you honestly think there won't be a group of people who will still ridicule gays and make them feel frightened? I mean the KKK still exists despite the fact that it's illegal, you'd think people would get over it but they simply don't.
I wouldn't say specifically gays shouldn't have kids, but rather generalise and say that if you're going to bring a child into the world, and fear they may be ridiculed, then you should definitely re-think it...I feel sorry for Snooki from Jersey Shore's kid for example.
idk, just my opinion. Then again, though, anyone has the chance to get bullied etc. when they're growing up, but idk, i feel like if the chances are increased dramatically, the last thing we want is more depression and sad children in this world who need to deal with bullying...but i disagree with the idea of fitting in with a "norm" ... damn these conflicting perspectives.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I actually don't really care about someone's sexuality, and i honestly have nothing against homosexual couples.
I feel i'm against people bringing a child into the world, knowing they'll be ridiculed.
I mean, yes, surely the situation will dull down a bit, but do you honestly think there won't be a group of people who will still ridicule gays and make them feel frightened? I mean the KKK still exists despite the fact that it's illegal, you'd think people would get over it but they simply don't.
I wouldn't say specifically gays shouldn't have kids, but rather generalise and say that if you're going to bring a child into the world, and fear they may be ridiculed, then you should definitely re-think it...I feel sorry for Snooki from Jersey Shore's kid for example.
idk, just my opinion. Then again, though, anyone has the chance to get bullied etc. when they're growing up, but idk, i feel like if the chances are increased dramatically, the last thing we want is more depression and sad children in this world who need to deal with bullying...but i disagree with the idea of fitting in with a "norm" ... damn these conflicting perspectives.
legal

Bullying honestly? I heard better arguments from my dead goldfish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)