Gay Marriage and Gay Couples having children (through surrogate, adoption etc) (1 Viewer)

What are your views?

• Total voters

na110793

HSC
OK with this thread I actually hope to get some proper conversing going on, seeing as my previous thread was closed and it was generally a shitstorm. BTW be ready to discuss with some people that are AGAINST (such as myself) gay marriage and gay couples having children. Let's try to keep this civilised. So, what are your views?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
not this again.

this whole argument turns into a massive roundabout discussion.

HSC
Well, I'm all for same-sex couples being allowed to marry and have kids. Being bi myself, and having many gay/bi friends, I feel very strongly about this issue. I also agree with pony_magician, that these threads always seem to end up the same way. The two sides can never seem to find common ground, and it just tends to degenerate.

Garygaz

HSC
bi-sexuals are just sexual deviants who have so much sexual desire that they inadvertently will just have sex with anything

true story, that's what the priest said to me at school. enjoy hell

HSC
Riiiiiiiiiiight, and we all know how often priests are the best example of moral authority in our society...

Oh, and to quote Josh Thomas, having someone threaten me with hell 'is like having a hippy threatening to punch me in my aura.'

Last edited:

lil_pembo

HSC
Saying gays cant get married is like saying black people cant get married... are we really this low to discriminate. Arent we past all this. Now that we (sort of) accept all races in society (except for the odd racial thing), why can't we accept people on their sexual preference.

Catholic against those who discriminate, I am loving my neighbor, no matter who he/she is in love with.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I have no problems with this. If children from 3rd world countries can get adopted by loving parents who can provide for them and love them and give them an opportunity and better quality of life, then why not?

Also, I thought surrogacy was illegal under the Surrogacy Act 2010 (NSW), or maybe that was altruistic surrogacy? Either way, if surrogacy is an option and a human life can be created by it, then i'm all for it.

sprog

HSC
Position 1 : I support gay marriage:

I support gays being able to enter into a conservative union that has traditionally been one based on religious foundations. I support gays being able to enter into such a conservative fantasy. I pride my self on being "open minded", but what I don't realise is that by buying into this craptastic debate, i'm actually supporting a conservative end. I'm a bigot and i don't even realise it.

Position 2 : I'm against gay marriage:

I'm a bigot for not supporting gay marriage. I'm conservative for not supporting gay marriage. I pride my self on having faith in the traditional family. The whole of 'society' is based upon it. I'm a bigot and I do realise it.

*yawns*

Divide and conquer is soooo 2005, guise.

Position 3 : I don't give a fuck!:

WIN!

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Riiiiiiiiiiight, and we all know how often priests are the best example of moral authority in our society...

Oh, and to quote Josh Thomas, having someone threaten me with hell 'is like having a hippy threatening to punch me in my aura.'
Is it my imagination or have you just re-emerged from a long hiatus?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Well, I'm all for same-sex couples being allowed to marry and have kids. Being bi myself, and having many gay/bi friends, I feel very strongly about this issue. I also agree with pony_magician, that these threads always seem to end up the same way. The two sides can never seem to find common ground, and it just tends to degenerate.
dayum i have not seen you post in like a year

HSC
Uni Grad
Just swings on by to host BoS Question Time.

She needs a talk show called Pressing Issues or something, haha.

StacyC

HSC
At your first look, you will find gay adoption as a big NO - No to the society because you will think that immorality might be found at the child's mind while he is growing with his gay parents. But as you go deeper with their reason, having a child is such a bliss in their lives. Well, good news! In the recent news, the "second parent adoption credit" actually gives an advantage to gay married couples over heterosexual ones. Have you heard about this? :D

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
hmm gee I wonder if that could possibly be an elite sample?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe that the free market should determine who can or cannot have a child, if a gay couple can purchase a baby I don't see why they should be prohibited.

LANADELREY

HSC
homosexuality is caused by a virus, so to limit its spread i don't think they should be around children

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I would go against as that child would get bullied and ridiculed at primary/ secondary school.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
IMO, there should just be a referendum because both sides give me the shits trying to shove stuff down my throat.

I don't care you're gay and want to get married; I don't care your religion says its blasphemy, I'm trying to eat my mcdonalds.

Then if they feel like it we can have one every 10 years and people can just shut up for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)