What happened??? (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
True, but I think this is a good time for him to reflect on his mistakes as opposed to making excuses. In years time, that will mean something.
Everyone always says this in such situations.

enoil, so excuses. I wrote irrelevant shit in science and paid price.

Maths im getting rechecked, and if things turn out like they did for my friend, I'll go up 1.7 points like she did. though she got 4 courses remarked lol.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Maths im getting rechecked, and if things turn out like they did for my friend, I'll go up 1.7 points like she did. though she got 4 courses remarked lol.
How do you even know yorue gonna go up exactly 1.7 points like your friend did?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My advice:

*To help put it to bed, get the marks recheck for your peace of mind. Don't obsess on it, change is extremely unlikely.
*Secondly, your ATAR gives you a lot of options with uni. From this disappointment, if you look back constructively it could be a big turning point and approach things better in the future. I'd say a lot of the regret is tied to hyping yourself up-which can place undue pressure on yourself and make a fall more painful.
*Thirdly, HS performance is in no way indicative of the future or life or success or money or whatevs. So don't beat yourself up heavily over some numbers and a decimal point.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
But hey, whatever you ended up with, don't beat yourself up about it ok? Its done and be proud of what you achieved :) Remember don't dwell on the past and start planning for the tmrw :)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
94.55 is still a very good ATAR, what course do you want to do in uni?

enoilgam

HSC
Everyone always says this in such situations.
Because in this situation, it is true. Look, to your credit you actually posted your marks which was courageous considering that you could have avoided it. But this whole thread and line of thinking isnt going to do you any good.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
My advice:

*To help put it to bed, get the marks recheck for your peace of mind. Don't obsess on it, change is extremely unlikely.
*Secondly, your ATAR gives you a lot of options with uni. From this disappointment, if you look back constructively it could be a big turning point and approach things better in the future. I'd say a lot of the regret is tied to hyping yourself up-which can place undue pressure on yourself and make a fall more painful.
*Thirdly, HS performance is in no way indicative of the future or life or success or money or whatevs. So don't beat yourself up heavily over some numbers and a decimal point.
Advice from one of the best advice givers on BoS.

Should take it.

hayabusaboston

HSC
94.55 is still a very good ATAR, what course do you want to do in uni?
Wanted acting at NIDA, tho cant get in as school leaver so will audition next year for it.

Till then, will either have gap year to take care of dad (severe cancer) or go to melbourne uni for biomedicine or advanced science.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Wanted acting at NIDA, tho cant get in as school leaver so will audition next year for it.

Till then, will either have gap year to take care of dad (severe cancer) or go to melbourne uni for biomedicine or advanced science.
my best wishes to your dad, i hope matters improve for him

HSC
Haya about messy writing - I've talked to various markers - if they can't read it, they move on. They don't have time to decipher shit. They are on a schedule. Applies to ALL subjects esp English, but maths also if your 0s turn into 9s and you cross shit out like no tomorrow.

Hope your dad improves.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Because in this situation, it is true. Look, to your credit you actually posted your marks which was courageous considering that you could have avoided it. But this whole thread and line of thinking isnt going to do you any good.
I dont like lying in general.

Besides, I wasnt on DA list anyway, not a single band 6, so u all could have guessed I went shit.

effyhate

autism inspector
HSC

in all seriousness
why would you go to melbs for a degree you could get in sydney where you could be closer/better able to visit your severely sick father

hayabusaboston

HSC
Haya about messy writing - I've talked to various markers - if they can't read it, they move on. They don't have time to decipher shit. They are on a schedule. Applies to ALL subjects esp English, but maths also if your 0s turn into 9s and you cross shit out like no tomorrow.

Hope your dad improves.
So r u saying that this massive loss of expected marks came most likely from them just not marking it, cos too messy?

So they DO NOT give marks if too messy?

Legit?

Wowfuck, that is so unfair.

That is ridiculous! what if there was intelligent kid who knew everything but had fine motor development impaired (I had this as young kid actually, but got thru it via lots of training) and was very messy? What if he deserved to be no 1 in state but got 70 cos markers didnt read his solutions>?

Doctors gave dad couple of weeks to a month to live around october, but he's been going thru oct, nov and now dec, so either something very bad will happen very soon, or by some miracle he is healing.

He has the worst possible cancer doctors have knowledge of, metastasis everywheeere.

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
in all seriousness
why would you go to melbs for a degree you could get in sydney where you could be closer/better able to visit your severely sick father
Because sydney is smelly, dirty, polluted and just gross. Cant stand it. And Idk how to respond about dad.

enoilgam

HSC
WhAT R U TALKING ABOUT

Enoil, give me 3 examples of me lying. Come on.
I'm not calling you a liar, I'm trying to give you credit. I'm saying, it would have been easy for you just to not come on BoS at all - instead, you decided to post your ATAR up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)