What happened??? (1 Viewer)

gwilymprice

HSC
You've still done exceptionally well haya, I know people on here have super high expectations and are extremely smart, so you may not feel like you have done well, but i'm sure people close to you are really proud with you. None of this will matter after main round offers!
I lived by this rule in the hsc 'expect the worst, hope for the best'

hayabusaboston

HSC
No lol. There is no such thing as a 'remark' in the HSC - your mark will ONLY be changed if there was a clerical error in processing it from what the marker wrote down, to what was entered into the system. You cannot get a scan of your solutions and bring them to the board and say: GIB ME MOAR MARX. It is over.
:'(

HSC
You need to move on. Spilt milk right here.

If you have spare cash, order the check and exam responses/raw marks and show them to us - i think we would be able to get a good idea of the 'messiness' if you really wanted us to have a look.

Randox

HSC
N/A
A bit off topic... If you ask for a results check, is it possible to lose marks and ultimately receive a lower atar.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

If you have spare cash, order the check and exam responses/raw marks and show them to us - i think we would be able to get a good idea of the 'messiness' if you really wanted us to have a look.

Oh yeah, one thing Haya:

I was putting your results into an ATAR calculator and a change of 10 in MX2 and 5 in MX1 would only account for max. 1.8 ATAR

hayabusaboston

HSC

afaik only payment option is credit card (Which I dont have) and mum is super pissed off at me for getting the marks I did
(Well she said "Still a good atar but if u didnt fuck around on video games you would have gotten much higher" lol)
and Im scared I'll get a barrage of criticism and shouting if I mention the tiniest thing related to rechecking marks or anything, she is on reaaally tight fuse.

So at this stage idk what im gonna do, cant approach mum about getting credit card details....

HSC
afaik only payment option is credit card (Which I dont have) and mum is super pissed off at me for getting the marks I did
(Well she said "Still a good atar but if u didnt fuck around on video games you would have gotten much higher" lol)
and Im scared I'll get a barrage of criticism and shouting if I mention the tiniest thing related to rechecking marks or anything, she is on reaaally tight fuse.

So at this stage idk what im gonna do, cant approach mum about getting credit card details....
Just leave it then. Move on. Now.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh not really worth it. You can't really change much if its issue with handwriting. No point spending $31 to get your responses back. But defs do a results check.

hayabusaboston

HSC
nah FUCK IT I got into adv sci melbourne which was my 2nd course preference. All fucking good, screw the board of studies im done with them.

Focus is Key

HSC
bitch I couldnt give the slightest shit about 99.95 lol, stopped giving a shit after first HSC english class.

Just wanted 97-98 from that moment tbh. I worked appropriately.

staying on topic, from my half yearlies and trials all my teachers expected low B6 for everything bar english. Today at school chem and phys teachers were like "m8 wtf happened..."
Okay, my Ancient teacher gave me marks of 98 and 97 for the trials and half-yearlies respectively. My hsc mark was 85. Just accept that your school marks too easy and you were too overconfident. Forget about it- you can't change the past but you can always work on changing the future. Hold your head up high with your results because you DID do well.

pHyRe

HSC
seconded, screw the board of studies.

ordered a recheck and raw marks for 3 subjects. probably won't get anything, but i want those damn raw marks to see wtf happened and get some closure on those shitty hsc exams and hsc marking....

enoilgam

HSC
No lol. There is no such thing as a 'remark' in the HSC - your mark will ONLY be changed if there was a clerical error in processing it from what the marker wrote down, to what was entered into the system. You cannot get a scan of your solutions and bring them to the board and say: GIB ME MOAR MARX. It is over.
This is very important to remember. A lot of people are under the misconception that they remark your paper - they only check to see if the marks were added up properly.

Okay, my Ancient teacher gave me marks of 98 and 97 for the trials and half-yearlies respectively. My hsc mark was 85. Just accept that your school marks too easy and you were too overconfident. Forget about it- you can't change the past but you can always work on changing the future. Hold your head up high with your results because you DID do well.
I dont think it's a case of teachers marking too easy, but rather teachers not knowing how to mark. There are clear differences between a band 4, 5 and 6 calibre essay which should easily be identifiable by a marker who knows what they are doing. Each band has a set criteria and if an essay does not meet that criteria it should not be placed in that band. It isnt a question of subjectivity.

HSC
This is very important to remember. A lot of people are under the misconception that they remark your paper - they only check to see if the marks were added up properly.

I dont think it's a case of teachers marking too easy, but rather teachers not knowing how to mark. There are clear differences between a band 4, 5 and 6 calibre essay which should easily be identifiable by a marker who knows what they are doing. Each band has a set criteria and if an essay does not meet that criteria it should not be placed in that band. It isnt a question of subjectivity.
Well the markers do things by the marking criteria, and with English the prescriptions/rubric. Then they give marks according to that. Once all those are done, then the judge markers decide what mark shall correspond to which band etc/cutoffs. So the markers themselves (not judge markers) do not go: this is b6. They go: this is 18/20 and then the judges go: Band 6 corresponds to a score of XX/105 etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)