HSC
Update from me as well, with corresponding ranks

English - 95/105 (approx 12/200)
Maths 3U - 70/70 (1/175)
Maths 4U - 96/100 (1/107)
Latin 2U - 92.5 /100 (2/17)
Latin 3U - 45.5/50 (2/14)
Physics - 92.5/99 (approx 6/131)
I sense two more state ranks coming in both 3u & 4u... Your ranks and marks OMG :O

On a side note - came first in creative writing and AOS Essay and I don't even do advanced :p

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I sense two more state ranks coming in both 3u & 4u... Your ranks and marks OMG :O

On a side note - came first in creative writing and AOS Essay and I don't even do advanced :p
You should see his accelerated mark for eco. :p

And congrats! :D

mreditor16

HSC

lol, definitely not 4U. to get state rank in 4U, you pretty much need to top your school (i.e. in internals) for a start. I came like between 5th and 10th for my other 4U assessments, so that requirement will never be fulfilled. so i can pretty much guarantee that I will not get state rank for 4U. not that I'm aiming for it anyway lol.

for 3U, i never know - although it is much more probable than 4U imo haha. especially because I have maintained first through the year, and it means i will get the highest external mark obtained in our grade. yay! :D but to the point, i need to work my ass off to have any chance of 3U state rank lol.

btw congrats on engrish! :D hope you can maintain it into the hsc externals! :)

Lol Mreditor, I think I've said this before, but your ranks are honestly really inspiring :) Keep up the hard work haha!
haha thanks a lot, HPF. you're marks in English and PDHPE are god-like, so you should be proud of yourself too. And your marks in other subjects are quite consistent and high up, especially considering our competitive/high-performing cohort. i'm sure you'll do amazing! (Y) :)

HSC
You should see his accelerated mark for eco. :p

And congrats! :D
I already know haha :p

lol, definitely not 4U. to get state rank in 4U, you pretty much need to top your school (i.e. in internals) for a start. I came like between 5th and 10th for my other 4U assessments, so that requirement will never be fulfilled. so i can pretty much guarantee that I will not get state rank for 4U. not that I'm aiming for it anyway lol.

for 3U, i never know - although it is much more probable than 4U imo haha. especially because I have maintained first through the year, and it means i will get the highest external mark obtained in our grade. yay! :D but to the point, i need to work my ass off to have any chance of 3U state rank lol.

btw congrats on engrish! :D hope you can maintain it into the hsc externals! :)

haha thanks a lot, HPF. you're marks in English and PDHPE are god-like, so you should be proud of yourself too. And your marks in other subjects are quite consistent and high up, especially considering our competitive/high-performing cohort. i'm sure you'll do amazing! (Y) :)
Haha too humble man! I know you can state rank :p thanks, but they don't compare to yours :p legit insane marks and ranks haha :p

HSC
Biology - 93.5/100 (half independent and half neap)
Chemistry - 89/100 (biggest let down. Independent paper, however marking was incredibly harsh. The absence of one word in some cases resulted in 0)
MX2 - 80/100 (4th highest, not that great. Paper was hard)
MX1 - 61/69 (sillies were the death of me. I would have obtained full marks)
English standard - 80/105 (ranked 1st, harsh marking for both paper 1 & 2. School decides to eliminate the A range before they even mark the essays)

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
Biology - 93.5/100 (half independent and half neap)
Chemistry - 89/100 (biggest let down. Independent paper, however marking was incredibly harsh. The absence of one word in some cases resulted in 0)
MX2 - 80/100 (4th highest, not that great. Paper was hard)
MX1 - 61/69 (sillies were the death of me. I would have obtained full marks)
English standard - 80/105 (ranked 1st, harsh marking for both paper 1 & 2. School decides to eliminate the A range before they even mark the essays)
Judging by your mark, it doesn't seem it was marked harshly :p

HSC
Judging by your mark, it doesn't seem it was marked harshly :p
I along with a handful of others (probably 5-7, received 87 or higher)

The rest of the people (91 person cohort) were clustered around the 70s.

Also how can you make a judgment on the marking based on my mark? Despite harsh marking there are always a few students who manage to do well :p

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
I along with a handful of others (probably 5-7, received 87 or higher)

The rest of the people (91 person cohort) were clustered around the 70s.

Also how can you make a judgment on the marking based on my mark? Despite harsh marking there are always a few students who manage to do well :p
Pretty impressive, clustered usually means a competitive cohort so chem looks pretty promising tbh :)
Haha, if it was that hard, then there should be a potential for a state rank. Idk, usually hard marking usually results the highest roughly in the 70s, low 80s

Last edited:
HSC
Pretty impressive, clustered usually means a competitive cohort so chem looks pretty promising tbh :)
Haha, if it was that hard, then there should be a potential for a state rank. Idk, usually hard marking usually results the highest roughly in the 70s, low 80s
It's harsh when people are getting 15-17/25 in Industrial... Although they know their work

Nah no state rank, but 1st place will end up with a high band 6

photastic

HSC
It's harsh when people are getting 15-17/25 in Industrial... Although they know their work

Nah no state rank, but 1st place will end up with a high band 6
Better than no band 6s, well I suppose it should be expected since there was a short span between finishing industrial and the trial exam. (Still up to equilibrium constant lolol)

HSC
Better than no band 6s, well I suppose it should be expected since there was a short span between finishing industrial and the trial exam. (Still up to equilibrium constant lolol)
hahaha :p industrial is the easiest of the options. We had up to dot point 4 in our trials, legit everyone walked out of the exam confident of getting 24-25/25.

nek minnit, marking criteria destroys everyone

photastic

HSC
hahaha :p industrial is the easiest of the options. We had up to dot point 4 in our trials, legit everyone walked out of the exam confident of getting 24-25/25.

nek minnit, marking criteria destroys everyone
I admit that the prestige papers like CSSA and Independent are the most shady, they show you the icing (easy questions) but hide the burnt cake under it (hard marking criteria), which is actually a good thing since the hsc is usually a lot more fair so we know what is expected.

Last edited:
HSC
I admit that the prestige papers like CSSA and Independent are the most shady, they show you the icing (easy questions) but hide the burnt cake under it (hard marking criteria), which is actually a good thing since the hsc is usually a lot more fair so we know what is expected.
yeah i know haha, my friends who did CSSA were complaining how the sample answer for a 7 marker was like a page, typed up...

v1

HSC
exactly my cohort LOL, i got 78% for rank 2 (rank 1 got 81%) with average around 48%
Our raw hsc marks were almost 10% higher than our school marks rank 1 got 96, i got 95. Real harsh marking - when hsc raw > school raw

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
English Advanced > 95/105 (I got 9/15 for my creative fuck me)
English Extension > 41/50 (definitely need to re-do my creative)
Ancient History > 99/100
Modern History > 96/100
History Extension > 48/50
Studies of Religion 1u > 47/50
Visual Arts > 42/50 (my feedback for this was absolutely BOGUS... then again, I am probably just angry)

hecticated

HSC
I swear everyone is doing so well, i got rekt.

English 66/105 (average was 57 lol)
Chem 64% (average was 52%)
Biology 83% (average was 62%)
4U Maths 59% (average was 58% LOLOL)
Waiting for 3U maths, IT BETTER BE AWESOME
UPDATE:
I got 59/70 for 3U and came 3rd, I forgot the average though. I wish I came first but I'm pretty happy :D

xenophanes

HSC
English Advanced > 95/105 (I got 9/15 for my creative fuck me)
English Extension > 41/50 (definitely need to re-do my creative)
Ancient History > 99/100
Modern History > 96/100
History Extension > 48/50
Studies of Religion 1u > 47/50
Visual Arts > 42/50 (my feedback for this was absolutely BOGUS... then again, I am probably just angry)
Don't worry about your creatives! You seem to be pulling the essays off well enough to not need to worry. And your other marks.. well done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)