Trials results? (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
I KNOW RIGHT, i'm getting demolished as well! Compared with all these peeps, i bet not many here are from ruse. So imagine how RUSE are going :(
Something like this:
English Adv - 104/105 (Bottom 5)
Maths 3U - 70/70 (Tied 1st with 100 others)
Maths 4U - 99/100 (Last)
Physics - 98/100 (Top 50)
Chemistry - 99/100 (Bottom 10)

bhatman

HSC
Only got a few back so far, but here is what I got (40s ranked selective school):
Maths Ext 1: 60/70 (86%, disappointed but it was like an HSC paper and wasn't quite expecting this, so I'm going to work on this a lot before externals)
Maths Ext 2: 93/100 (IMO should have got 97, but made a couple silly errors and they rearranged the number of marks a couple of questions were worth so I lost 1 mark there)
Chemistry: 96/100 (equal 1st with a guy who looks like state ranking with an internal raw of a touch under 92)
PDHPE: 77/80 so far (second option hasn't been marked yet, but I think that was my best section and am expecting 19/20 at the least)
Haven't received Adv. English or Modern History back yet

Last edited:

Propaz

HSC
wow everyone is doing so well, good job guys!~ :)
Here are my marks;
Standard english (CSSA): 83/105
Chemistry (Independent): 73/100
Biology (Independent): 80/100
Food Technology (CSSA): 81/100
SOR I (CSSA): 38/50
2U Mathematics (CSSA): 53/100 (lol fml :mad2:)
so disappointed in maths, definitely need some improvement there. Content with my other marks though.

bhatman

HSC
Wow you've done really well for all your trials :)

Haha whats your pd second option topic? Sports med?
Thanks man, appreciate it. :) Hopefully I can replicate those results in English when I get it back LOL.
My options for PD are Sports Med and Improving Performance, the latter is the one my teacher is yet to mark.

bhatman

HSC
Lol but English is so unpredictable anyway, wouldn't worry too much about it. Oh wow another school that does those haha we have tough competition across the state lol
Yeah very true, but I need to do well in it so it doesn't adversely affect my propensity to achieve a strong ATAR. English, derailing ATARs since the dawn of the board of studies.
LOL everyone in my class at school does sports med, but there are a couple doing The Health of Young People, others doing Sports and Physical Activity in Australian Society and the majority of the class like myself doing Improving Performance for their second option. Very different, my teacher says its never happened before and I think it might end up reflecting in their marks externally for those doing the former two (my teacher is actually teaching IP to us, the others are doing it independently).

xenophanes

HSC
Wow very high marks in this thread!!!

These though do not make me feel good...
English Adv: 92/105 (15th)
Maths 2U: 99/100 (1st)
Maths 3U: 55/70 (30th)
Chem: 92/100 (10th)
Latin 2U: 95/100 (5th)
Latin 3U: 46/50 (5th)

heaps of full marks in latin :(

What atar do you think this will convert to?

Last edited:

meggles_

HSC
Wow very high marks in this thread!!!

These though do not make me feel good...
English Adv: 92/105 (15th)
Maths 2U: 99/100 (1st)
Maths 3U: 55/70 (30th)
Chem: 92/100 (10th)
Latin 2U: 95/100 (5th)
Latin 3U: 46/50 (5th)

heaps of full marks in latin :(

What atar do you think this will convert to?
Wow your Latin class must be amazing to have so many full marks?

Congrats on your marks!

meggles_

HSC
English Ad: 91%
English Ext: 90%
Maths 3U: 95%
Maths 4U: 87%
Chemistry: 96%
Latin: 85% (pretty disappointed in myself with this -_-)
Latin Ext: 91%

Congrats everyone on your marks!! Looks like your hard work has paid off :)

bhatman

HSC
Haha I actually don't mind English, but its just annoying when your essays get marked based on the colour of the marker's shirt (it feels like that anyway) LOL

Wow okay, you guys get to choose? thats pretty cool :) yeah I reckon it would probably affect their external performance, but tbh I reckon we're better off doing sports med and ip because they get much much better option aligning. The Health of Young People seems a bit too easy haha, from what I saw in the textbook

do you have a large cohort?
I know the feels, we have theories that some teachers draw numbers out of hats for our marks haha.
My teacher doesn't really have any choice but to let them for the second option, seeing as though trials are done anyways. I had no idea about the aligning, all I know is they are the two that I can understand and do the best in LOL, i got that mark in PD after studying a total of like 10 hours the 2 days before the exam, so I defs think I can improve on that in the HSC when everything will be 100% memorised (hopefully).
Yeah one of my friends doing HOYP said it was piss easy haha
My cohort has 16 people, PD is usually not a very subject at a selective school when you have like 60 people in each of the bio and phys and 4u maths cohorts, and 3/4 of the cohort doing chem LOL

bhatman

HSC
Congrats to everyone on their marks! BOS class of '14 is looking like they're going to ace the HSC :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
All of my trial marks back.

Standard English: 85/105 (81%)
Business Studies: 88/100 (88%)
General Math: 70/100 (70%)
Information Processes & Technology: 94/100 (94%)
Information and Digital Technology: 71/80 (89%)

All up, some subjects where great and some where quite mediocre. I'm mainly taking this as a learning experience on where to improve and what to work on leading up to externals. 81% in English was really disappointing, so that likely needs the most work followed by Math.

I'm curious what was the average for general maths at your school?

antounbros

HSC
I'm curious what was the average for general maths at your school?
Well i got 59% for my general maths exam, and my schools average was around 40%, with highest being 84% LOl

But every school i know, have gotten around the same marks.

Im yet to hear of a band 6 for general maths as well so thats a surprise

Thank_You

HSC
Something like this:
English Adv - 104/105 (Bottom 5)
Maths 3U - 70/70 (Tied 1st with 100 others)
Maths 4U - 99/100 (Last)
Physics - 98/100 (Top 50)
Chemistry - 99/100 (Bottom 10)
HAHAHAH, so TRUE! You know what's even more saddening, i checked 2013 MEDIAN ATAR for Ruse, was 99.1. loooooooool

photastic

HSC
HAHAHAH, so TRUE! You know what's even more saddening, i checked 2013 MEDIAN ATAR for Ruse, was 99.1. loooooooool
How did you find their median atar, I'm probs not even getting a 90 atar, *cough* english *cough*

bhatman

HSC
LOL yeah for pd I just crammed everything that looked like it needed some degree of knowledge for professional bs-ing, and hoped for the best LOL. You did really well though! :) But yeah we should probably actually memorise for the hsc

though the amount of writing was insane, it was like doing a English paper 2 but for 3 hours haha

Yeah we have around that for pd too, our trial was on the same day as 3u maths and so many people dropped just because of that LOL. Yeah I know what you mean, we have 120-140 students in phys and chem too, and half the grade does 4u LOL
Haha I just read through all my notes once and tried to memorise everything I could, was relying on my writing technique to ensure I picked up marks. Thanks, as did you! :) Hopefully 95+ for both of us in HSC.
Yeah it was like English, but I didn't feel as though there was anywhere near as much pressure so it strain my arm too much haha. I ended up finishing with something like 10 minutes left.
SAME. I had 3u in the morning and PDHPE after, was shitting bricks because both subjects count for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)