USYD combined law atar is lowered... (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Hi There!

I'm personally not interested in law, but I'll post this for the sake of those interested in going into legal related stuffs. haha

I'll just quote USYD.

"Sydney Law School would like to announce the 2015 guarantee ATAR cut off for the combined undergraduate law degree will now be set at 99.50. The Dean, Professor Joellen Riley, announced the ATAR at Open Day saying "this move will see a new level of transparency and fairness for their students in the top 0.5% of cohort looking to study Law at Sydney". Student’s achieving an ATAR of 99.50 will be guaranteed an offer to study Law if it is their highest eligible preference. For more information, please visit our website."

thoughts?

and btw has this been posted on BOS yet?....

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
it is actually pretty impacting for the 99+ range
not really. I know people who have got straight into usyd law (specifically law/eco) with 98.something atar

for some people it might mean heaps cos previously if one got 99.6 then they wouldn't have accepted so yeah
if you fall a little short they still generally accept you (aside from med)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
not really. I know people who have got straight into usyd law (specifically law/eco) with 98.something atar

if you fall a little short they still generally accept you (aside from med)
really, didn't know that! the person at unsw open day told that if one even gets 0.05 below the cut off then they would not be accepted.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
dont u wanna do med lol? or are you gonna be a typical 'couldn't get med, so did law'
no not anymore, i suddenly had a shift from med to law after unsw open day.
thought med is out of my league
btw i cannot change my username i asked the mods and they said no... so yeah i really don't wanna make a new account.

so cheers bro

Last edited:

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
no not anymore, i suddenly had a shift from med to law after unsw open day.
thought med is out of my league
btw i cannot change my username i asked the mods and they said no... so yeah i really don't wanna make a new account.
is 'Futurelawstudent' already taken?

emilios

HSC
lol; decreased by 0.2

huge difference/10
That puts almost an extra 200 students in the competition pool for the degree... pretty big deal if you ask me.

EDIT: Those people you know that got in with 98.something were probably E12 scholarship recipients

Last edited:

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
That puts almost an extra 200 students in the competition pool for the degree... pretty big deal if you ask me.
not everyone who gets 99+ atar wants to do law. I still would have went into engineering whether I got 99 or 89

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)