USYD combined law atar is lowered... (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
what about if one goes to 200's ranked school
If your school is identified as low socio economic, you get automatic bonus marks, school ranks do not mean anything but rather where your school is located.

mgwm

HSC
N/A
Hi There!

I'm personally not interested in law, but I'll post this for the sake of those interested in going into legal related stuffs. haha

I'll just quote USYD.

"Sydney Law School would like to announce the 2015 guarantee ATAR cut off for the combined undergraduate law degree will now be set at 99.50. The Dean, Professor Joellen Riley, announced the ATAR at Open Day saying "this move will see a new level of transparency and fairness for their students in the top 0.5% of cohort looking to study Law at Sydney". Student’s achieving an ATAR of 99.50 will be guaranteed an offer to study Law if it is their highest eligible preference. For more information, please visit our website."

thoughts?

and btw has this been posted on BOS yet?....
"highest eligible preference" - does that mean if you put like unsw law 1st, but dont make it, and usyd law 2nd and get like 99.6, then it becomes your highest eligible preference?

OR does it mean 99.5 only if you have usyd law as preference no.1

Any clarification would be much appreciated! :D

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
"highest eligible preference" - does that mean if you put like unsw law 1st, but dont make it, and usyd law 2nd and get like 99.6, then it becomes your highest eligible preference?

OR does it mean 99.5 only if you have usyd law as preference no.1

Any clarification would be much appreciated! :D
Don't doubt the new south

xavier_eales

HSC
Apparently it's being lowered again to 99.30, and UNSW is lowering their cutoff to 99.25. Can anyone confirm?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Apparently it's being lowered again to 99.30, and UNSW is lowering their cutoff to 99.25. Can anyone confirm?
Not sure how legit this is however UNSW already accept a large proportion of students via alternative entry schemes (ACCESS, elite athletes, AAA etc)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Law Lecturer: "Courses like engineering have low atar cut offs for stupid people." :shoot:
I could have done Law/Engineering if I wanted to, but I chose pure Engineering because that was what I wanted to do.

On the topic as a whole, it might be an initiative to unbound the limits of how many students they are going to take in for Law which can be a good thing for individuals, but given the situation for Law graduates at the moment having difficulty getting a foot in the door, it might be a bad thing for the market....

I mean surely they aren't doing this for money thinking that Law graduates will come back to study something else, and neither do I think its a scam. Its a good initiative, but really this might not work out well in the end if saturation occurs.

Its time they introduced a Law entry version of the UMAT for medicine.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I could have done Law/Engineering if I wanted to, but I chose pure Engineering because that was what I wanted to do.

On the topic as a whole, it might be an initiative to unbound the limits of how many students they are going to take in for Law which can be a good thing for individuals, but given the situation for Law graduates at the moment having difficulty getting a foot in the door, it might be a bad thing for the market....

I mean surely they aren't doing this for money thinking that Law graduates will come back to study something else, and neither do I think its a scam. Its a good initiative, but really this might not work out well in the end if saturation occurs.

Its time they introduced a Law entry version of the UMAT for medicine.
All the kids that picked law solely based on their Suits interest wouldn't make it in though

(insert sarcasm)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)