Super Smash Bros (2 Viewers)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I bought mine at Target for $14 each compared to Eb games which is $18 each, so the price isn't too bad considering some of the amiibo are short in supply and prices will inflate knowing Nintendo.
Can't wait to try out 8-player smash with friends in the holidays though.
Nice! Which amiibo(s) did u get?

IcyRain

HSC
Nice! Which amiibo(s) did u get?
I got Marth (apparently pretty rare), Donkey Kong and Mario on Launch. Then I got Yoshi and Kirby yesterday.
I am also looking at some from the wave released next week, like Captain Falcon. Also got 3 GameCube controllers along the way. As you can see, the launch of Smash Bros along with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have brutally attacked my wallet. :bomb:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I got Marth (apparently pretty rare), Donkey Kong and Mario on Launch. Then I got Yoshi and Kirby yesterday.
I am also looking at some from the wave released next week, like Captain Falcon. Also got 3 GameCube controllers along the way. As you can see, the launch of Smash Bros along with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have brutally attacked my wallet. :bomb:
ooft dat marth amiibo

have u trained any of them extensively yet? does it work well?

IcyRain

HSC
ooft dat marth amiibo

have u trained any of them extensively yet? does it work well?
I have only just begun training with Mario to start with. The customisation is good to give an unique flavour to the character, whether fast or slow. They also learn from their mistakes and develop differently according to your playing style. So I think they do the job pretty well.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I have only just begun training with Mario to start with. The customisation is good to give an unique flavour to the character, whether fast or slow. They also learn from their mistakes and develop differently according to your playing style. So I think they do the job pretty well.
interested to see how well they can potentially develop tbh

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
brawl is where the party is at

I'm crap at the game but enjoy it regardless

glittergal96

HSC
Would love to take anyone on in pm/melee/64 online.

64 is so much fun still. Spent all of last thursday at a friends place wrecking his mates at smash 64.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

64 is so much fun still. Spent all of last thursday at a friends place wrecking his mates at smash 64.
bump for seaniehomieg

seanieg89

HSC

PM'd.

Melee and 64 are two of my favourite games ever.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Realised today how effective baiting little mac off the edge of the stage is lol

his recovery and aerial game is freakin awful

glittergal96

HSC
Jesus, seanieg89 is ridiculous at ssb64. We played a 12 character battle and he beat me by more than 40 stocks :(.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Jesus, seanieg89 is ridiculous at ssb64. We played a 12 character battle and he beat me by more than 40 stocks :(.
lolwot (another BoSer) and i played brawl last year and lolwot was telling me seanie reks hard haha

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
decided to give my dad a go with online

bless his soul he figured out how to perform recoveries 10 matches in

(then appeared to forget this skill)

legit so proud :")

seanieg89

HSC
Haha you did well for someone that hasn't played much 64, I grew up on that game. It's a shame we couldn't get melee working, that's my personal favourite atm.

lolwot (another BoSer) and i played brawl last year and lolwot was telling me seanie reks hard haha
I'm pretty average at brawl, but the fundamentals carry across games I guess.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
It appears the best tactic against Little Mac is "wait for him to inveitably kill himself or throw him off the edge"

Surprisingly effective lol

seanieg89

HSC
Lets keep this thread alive.

What are everyone's favourite games in the series?

What characters do you like to play in that game?

What kind of style do you play in / what are some tricks you like to use?

What characters do you love/hate to fight?

etc etc.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Lets keep this thread alive.

What are everyone's favourite games in the series?

What characters do you like to play in that game?

What kind of style do you play in / what are some tricks you like to use?

What characters do you love/hate to fight?

etc etc.
Fave: Melee and smash wii u (i like the actual gameplay in melee better but the extra stuff in the new one is so much fun for parties)
Characters: I didn't play too much of smash 64 if i had to choose probs pikachu but i didn't really have a main. In melee i loved playing as samus, brawl it was wolf and new smash it's link and zero suit. But I'm honestly not fussed and when playing with friends more often than not I would just elect "random".
Style: Never been big on shielding so i try to play either aggressively or with hit and run tactics. Don't really have any tricks per se except that my aerial game is probs stronger than my ground game a lot of the time (obvs dependent on the character lol) so I try to take the fight there
Hate to fight: i get mad every time mario grabs me lol. Apart from that i don't really hate fighting any character, one of the things i love about smash is the sheer variety in play styles that keeps things interesting.

seanieg89

HSC
^ nice :).

For me:

My favourite game is melee, I think the balance between offense/defense, grounded play/aerial play, edgeguarding/recovering etc is pretty much spot-on. It makes for a really fast paced exciting game with quite a bit of depth. The movement in that game is super crisp too, which is why there is such scope for different styles of play. I also play quite a bit of project m, and smash 64 is the game I grew up on.

64 chars: Literally everyone. Pikachu being my best.

Melee chars: I play all the characters, but at tournament level my main is jiggs and my secondaries are sheik and fox. I have a few other characters up my sleeve that aren't much worse though, which I pull out for specific matchups / players. (Peach to kill the ice climbers in a brainless way, Falco to go aggro on players that are smart but not good at dealing with pressure, etc)

PM chars: Main link, but I dabble in a lot of characters, and its also pretty easy to transition the skills from playing the melee version of a character to the PM version. (For the good melee characters anyway, they aren't changed too much.)

64 Style: There isn't that much scope for style in 64 lol, I just play patiently, spacing out my opponent till I get an opening. After a single hit I try and continue the combo for as long as I can, hopefully till death.

Melee Style: Jiggs gets outmatched by some characters in the neutral game, but has a lot of tricks. The main idea is to play campy and safe, poking with backairs until your opponent makes a mistake you can punish. Setups for rest (down b) are super important, and some are quite easy. I pay a lot of attention to teching/rolling habits and the way an opponent recovers, because a single read with Jiggs can change a match. Sheik is kind of similar, really good at edgeguarding, with a solid combo game. She/he is faster than Jiggs on ground so can punish certain things better. Fox/Falco are just super fun to play, I am way more aggressive with them.

PM style: Links projectile game is sick. He can put a ton of pressure on opponents who can't powershield consistently. Favourite tricks include jab jab grab and z-air->d-air.

Who I hate to fight in melee: A good ice climbers player lol. Thankfully peach exists. A good fox/falco is harder to fight, but more fun, because jiggs can punish their mistakes REALLY hard. I love fighting aggressive characters, because matchups like puff dittos and puff-peach are really boring lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)