Not open for further replies.

Graceuf

HSC
Here is a question
Would you rather get a 98 atar and dux your school
OR
Get a 98.5 atar but get the second highest atar in your school
?
98.5 because I've already come to terms with the fact that the same guy who gets dux every year will do so again and I can only do the best I can.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Here is a question
Would you rather get a 98 atar and dux your school
OR
Get a 98.5 atar but get the second highest atar in your school
?
Well 98 and 98.5 isn't too much difference in terms of university courses, right? (For me anyways)

I would love the honour of being known as a dux.
And in my standards, getting a raw 98 is absolutely stunning by itself already D: !
It would enable me to get into the Commerce (co-op) course which is a raw 96.30 (I think) in 2015 (possibly 97.3 in 2015), and also have the label :)

My parents will be extremely happy with me if I achieve a 90+ or if I get into the UNSW Commerce course (which is..above 90). Imagine if I got dux, man.

Last edited:

Graceuf

HSC
So this has been bugging me for a while. Is it fair for someone who's done accelerated 3U maths this year to be able to do 4U with us next year?

I understand that it's a different course and I'm probably just annoyed cause there's no way I'll get a better ranking than him. But it still seems unfair because he only has to focus on that one unit of maths next year when the rest of us have 4.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
So this has been bugging me for a while. Is it fair for someone who's done accelerated 3U maths this year to be able to do 4U with us next year?

I understand that it's a different course and I'm probably just annoyed cause there's no way I'll get a better ranking than him. But it still seems unfair because he only has to focus on that one unit of maths next year when the rest of us have 4.
Well its a little complicated because, for me, once I complete my Business Studies this year, I obviously can't do it again next year.
I'm trying to wrap my mind over this but...
But I guess in this person's circumstance, since they finished Mathematics 3U Preliminary...and HSC...
All I can say is that he finished 2 units, he has followed BOSTES and has finished 2 units of a possible and minimum 10 so far.

GAH I DON'T KNOW, THIS IS COMPLICATED

Accelerated classes will always, and forever, disadvantage those who are doing the course in their HSC year with however many other subjects. My class, completes the same course as 3 other Year 12 classes and we absolutely shred them because they are no competition to us + they have other HSC subjects to balance.

Graceuf

HSC
Well its a little complicated because, for me, once I complete my Business Studies this year, I obviously can't do it again next year.
But I guess in this person's circumstance, since they finished Mathematics 3U Preliminary...and HSC...
All I can say is that he finished 3 units, he has followed BOSTES and has finished 3 units of a possible 10 so far.

Accelerated classes will always, and forever, disadvantage those who are doing the course in their HSC year with however many other subjects. My class, completes the same course as 3 other Year 12 classes and we absolutely shred them because they are no competition to us + they have other HSC subjects to balance.
Yeah. It's really confusing. I suppose I'm just going to have to work my butt off and just try to match him.

It's also no help that everyone thinks he's a prodigy (he's the only accelerated student I've known of at my school) and we're forever being compared to him.

Anyway...

On a lighter note I hope your Business Trails go/went well! And best of luck for the HSC! :)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
All I can say is that he finished 2 units, he has followed BOSTES and has finished 2 units of a possible and minimum 10 so far.

why not? you can redo it if you screw up

Sien

HSC
Yeah. It's really confusing. I suppose I'm just going to have to work my butt off and just try to match him.

It's also no help that everyone thinks he's a prodigy (he's the only accelerated student I've known of at my school) and we're forever being compared to him.

Anyway...

On a lighter note I hope your Business Trails go/went well! And best of luck for the HSC! :)
dw about him, just do your best + his marks can drag you up too
and i know how you feel, my friend is always a few marks above in jap no matter how i try i can't beat her. during the 3 yrs, not once have i surpassed her mark

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

Anyway...

Don't stress about matching to him, just focus on your own performance and self-improve :) You'll do fine in 4U, already signing up for 4U is a big step and indicative of your skills in maths.

Also, trials is not a lighter note, oh god

why not? you can redo it if you screw up
I will not screw up Business Studies :)

Graceuf

HSC
dw about him, just do your best + his marks can drag you up too
Yeah. That's what I'm hoping. [emoji14] Although I'm actually looking forward to 4 unit because the people who I know are doing it are the topping maths currently (I still don't know how I'm going so well in extension but coming 5th in advanced.) So I'm looking forward to a competitive year. [emoji14]

Graceuf

HSC
Don't stress about matching to him, just focus on your own performance and self-improve :) You'll do fine in 4U, already signing up for 4U is a big step and indicative of your skills in maths.

This made me feel a lot better. Thank you. I'll just do my best and (hopefully) ace the HSC. Also, to my knowledge, no one else at my school uses BOS so I think I have an advantage moral support wise. [emoji14]

You'll be fine!! When are your trials?

Sien

HSC

I will not screw up Business Studies :)
if i don't get above 95 i'm repeating

Yeah. That's what I'm hoping. [emoji14] Although I'm actually looking forward to 4 unit because the people who I know are doing it are the topping maths currently (I still don't know how I'm going so well in extension but coming 5th in advanced.) So I'm looking forward to a competitive year. [emoji14]
why does it feel like i'm the only one who isn't planning on doing 4u

Graceuf

HSC
and you were saying how accelerated people had an unfair advantage #logic
Yeah. I see your point...

Ignore everything I said earlier. I'm just going to annoy my dad all the time to help me ace my HSC when he has an entire class to worry about.

Graceuf

HSC
That came out harsher than I meant. But there is a point there. He still has engineering and maths classes to plan and he doesn't spend a lot of time helping me.

But I do understand how I may have been a little hypocritical before.

Sien

HSC
That came out harsher than I meant. But there is a point there. He still has engineering and maths classes to plan and he doesn't spend a lot of time helping me.

But I do understand how I may have been a little hypocritical before.
nahh it's ok dw about it, but it's better than no support *cough*me*cough*

Graceuf

HSC
nahh it's ok dw about it, but it's better than no support *cough*me*cough*
Hey. You're the one who quit tutoring.[emoji39] Besides, you go to a high-ish ranking school don't you? You'll probably go better than me just for that.

Sien

HSC
Hey. You're the one who quit tutoring.[emoji39] Besides, you go to a high-ish ranking school don't you? You'll probably go better than me just for that.
i feel so bad using my parents' hard earnt money like that, so i'm only going for english since i suck so bad lol
what constitutes as highish ranking to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)