General thoughts: HSC chemistry 2015 (1 Viewer)

hawkrider1

HSC
N/A
Was an ok test. A little harder than last year tho. What's the predicted alignment for a band 6?

hawkrider1

HSC
N/A
Also a serious thread this time haha. Apologies for my shenanigans yesternight.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
That natural indicator question tho. And is a line graph a line of best fit or just connect the dots

Catz

HSC
Exam was alright like some of the questions were a bit weird but the rest was fine. What was K for industrial chem 3mrker?

Bump

HSC
N/A
I accidentally left the graph in pencil, will they still be able to see it?

hawkrider1

HSC
N/A
And that ozone in the stratosphere question too. Such a small part of the syllabus

Bump

HSC
N/A
Does anyone remember if the graph was meant to be plotted or did we have to draw a line of best fit? I might have lost some easy marks :(

hawkrider1

HSC
N/A
Does anyone remember if the graph was meant to be plotted or did we have to draw a line of best fit? I might have lost some easy marks :(
I used a straight line. Not sure what I was thinking haha

I97

HSC
Pretty easy exam if you knew the syllabus in depth, annoyed at doing the buffer/acetate part b wrong and also fairly sure my K was wrong in industrial. Also not quite confident with all my modifications to the lawn fertiliser prac but other than that was quite a good exam.

Ekman

HSC
I got 10.6?
Yes I got this as well. I justified it by saying that k constant only changes due to a change in temperature only, and I tried substituting initial concentrations and it was 10.6. I of course did working out for calculating the concentrations after it reached equilibrium due to the change in volume, but I found it weird that they would give 3 marks for a question you can justify due to the k constant rule and using initial conditions

I97

HSC
Yes I got this as well. I justified it by saying that k constant only changes due to a change in temperature only, and I tried substituting initial concentrations and it was 10.6. I of course did working out for calculating the concentrations after it reached equilibrium due to the change in volume, but I found it weird that they would give 3 marks for a question you can justify due to the k constant rule and using initial conditions
lol this is what threw me off. I thought K wouldnt change since no temperature change but then i saw 3 marks and didnt think id get it with that. So i did the calculation wrong and think i got around 5.3...

Catz

HSC
So what do you think about aligning... Better than last year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)