Shootings and Explosions in Paris (1 Viewer)

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
"A recent poll conducted in November of 2015 by the Arab Center for Research & Policy Studies surveyed respondents from seven different Arab countries as well as a sample of 900 Syrian refugees in Lebanon, Jordan, and Turkey [5]. The focus of the poll was to gauge attitudes towards ISIS and recent developments in the region. The poll found that a full 13% of Syrian refugees admitted to having a positive view of ISIS.

That’s right, one in eight Syrian refugees supports ISIS. The tidal wave of fighting-age males who are flooding into Europe by the hundreds of thousands have a rate of ISIS support that likely exceeds 13%, especially given that the “refugees” who are arriving in Europe are much younger and more likely to be male than those who’ve stayed behind in the Middle East."

Loudvicuna

HSC
"You reap what you sow"? wow

Enjoy your ASIO surveillance buddy

Of course the story and story are more important to us, France is an ally first world country which is in a state of peace. It is very shocking.

You've answered your own questions there "the media will make out this incident more important than the almost daily massacres that occur in Yemen, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and the Beirut bombings that just occurred yesterday"

This is like someone throwing a rock into white water rapids versus a calm lake
The ripple effect is minimal in a rapid because it's constantly in a state of chaos whereas the splash and ripples in a calm lake is highly attention grabbing

You yourself only care about the yemen/beirut etc. stories because you're middle eastern and a muslim, well 'the West' cares about France in the same way

And where's all the shock and media outrage? how about hear you lazy child https://news.google.com/news/story?...ved=0CCcQqgIwAGoVChMIg_SWubKPyQIVZ9ymCh1VCQYI

'Wahhhhhhh I didn't see Koche talk about it on Sunrise therefore the whole west is ignoring us wahhhh'

There are plenty of safe enough countries in the middle east and immediate surrounds you retard. What is Turkey? What is Jordan? What is Georgia? What is Iran? What is Qatar? What is UAE? What is Bahrain? What is Saudi?

That's not even the main concern really.

I don't know if I called them terrorist attacks, but many more general attacks on the wider population will follow once the European winter is in full swing. Refugee accommodation is already maxed out even now and now they're going to be forced to start sleeping on the street... for about a day until they get desperate and go on a 3 month crime spree to get food and shelter. Probably safe to expect many stories of family home invasions in Europe in the coming months...

Many more general and terrorist attacks will follow once the reactionary vote makes Europe far right as well.

Right now we're sitting on the cusp of a defining moment in Europe's history...
By that time I think the European people will rise and there will be civil war, the pot has been brewed.

Albert_Camus

HSC
Errrr... are you oblivious to reality?
I'm not oblivious to reality. I'm just oblivious to why you feel that:

(a) Islamic tradition ought to be treated as a monolithic entity

(b) The rise of Islamic extremism post 9-11 was caused through such an "Islamic tradition" as opposed to the destabilization of the Middle-East caused through military intervention.

(c) The recent attacks in Paris were also caused through an "Islamic tradition" as opposed to the continued failure of the French government to integrate people from its former colonial subjects (most notably Algeria, where the Algerian-French is arguably a second-class citizen), as well as migrants from the Middle-East and Muslims in general.

Last edited:

Loudvicuna

HSC
What's wrong with yelling Allahu Akbar mate? People usually say it when their relieved or happy. I saw a video of migrants on a European metro, shouting Allahu Akbar (imagine someone yelling the lord is merciful) after a long journey, didn't look like they were in the mood for inciting any sort of violence. Most people use to thank god and when there praying. These days they avoid saying it publically in the west due to all analogies and connotations made with violence and extremism.

The perpetrators of these attacks were probably French themselves, so its already their country. I doubt they were migrants. Eventually it will become more clear.
Did you see what I wrote mate. I said yelling Allah Akbar while killing civilians in a country that welcomed them.

And yes you are right about the perpetrators of the attack which will be revealed in due time. We can say however that no matter where the attackers were from they were muslim.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
His totally wrong about crucifixion in Iran I mean I used to live there. He sure loves generalising, cherry picking and misinterpreting aspects of the religion.

Wannaspoon you must be so butt-hurt about the Ottomans aka Muslims conquering you and especially passed at your Bosnian and Albanian neighbours.
I can tell you one thing, it beats getting butt hurt over a cartoon

Loudvicuna

HSC
I'm not oblivious to reality. I'm just oblivious to why you feel that:

(a) Islamic tradition ought to be treated as a monolithic entity

(b) The rise of Islamic extremism post 9-11 was caused through such an "Islamic tradition" as opposed to the destabilization of the Middle-East caused through military intervention.

(c) The recent attacks in Paris were also caused through an "Islamic tradition" as opposed to the continued failure of the French government to integrate people from its former colonial subjects (most notably Algeria, where the Algerian-French is arguably a second-class citizen), as well as migrants from the Middle-East and Muslims in general.
Calm down on the assumptions, I don't believe in anything you just stated.

The point I made is that terrorists and organisations like ISIS think they are pleasing Allah through their terror and use the Quran to justify their attacks

Loudvicuna

HSC
I cut your statement into two parts. You said 'and', so you weren't specific.
Look up the definition of 'and'

1. Together with or along with; in addition to; as well as. Used to connect words, phrases, or clauses that have the same grammatical function in a construction.

Albert_Camus

HSC
Calm down on the assumptions, I don't believe in anything you just stated.

The point I made is that terrorists and organisations like ISIS think they are pleasing Allah through their terror and use the Quran to justify their attacks
"Except it doesn't, the coo-coo Islamic tradition creates the conditions for such extremism to occur."

So why is the "coo-coo" Islamic tradition responsible for the conditions for such extremism to occur (eg. ISIS) as opposed to the destabilization of the Middle-East post 9-11 or the failure of racial and cultural integration of the Muslim 'other' in countries such as France?

Loudvicuna

HSC
"Except it doesn't, the coo-coo Islamic tradition creates the conditions for such extremism to occur."

So why is the "coo-coo" Islamic tradition responsible for the conditions for such extremism to occur (eg. ISIS) as opposed to the destabilization of the Middle-East post 9-11 or the failure of racial and cultural integration of the Muslim 'other' in countries such as France?
Because it is used to justify the actions of radicalised muslims who think they are doing so in accordance with their God

Albert_Camus

HSC
Because it is used to justify the actions of radicalised muslims who think they are doing so in accordance with their God
I'm sure that we can agree on this, but the point I was trying to make pertains to the reason why Islamic extremism has risen in the past 20 years.

The fact that a "coo-coo" Islamic tradition is used to justify the actions of radicalised Muslims does not necessarily lead to it being the reason why extremism is undergoing a rise.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
Where was the constant live coverage and media attention on our tvs? Where were governments like ours publicly condemning what happened? Why didn’t social media go into protest and havoc? I feel bad what happened today in Paris just as I feel bad as the US airforce striking that hospital in Afghanistan where dozens of innocent civilians and patients got killed, or the US drone strikes killing innocent civilians on a daily basis or the Saudis killing so far thousands of innocent Yemenis.

It’s no secret that Western and including these Arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been carelessly funding fringe Syrian opposition groups since the beginnings of the Syrian conflict and top of that screwing that region for quite a long time. There were hardly any moderate rebels, most of them had an Islamist agenda. Why have these Arab and Western countries been intervening in Syria in the first place even prior to the rise of ISIS? So much time, effort, resources and money have been put into Assad's removal and they failed. They have so far negatively contributed and they themselves indirectly contributed to the rise of ISIS. Similar things have occurred in the past and the West and but-hurt Arab countries have been back stabbed each time.

Whether the massacre happens in the US, Europe, Middle East or else where I don’t believe we should be selective on what we sympathise with most. The killing of innocent human beings regardless of their, nationality, race, religion, gender, age or location is just as sad and disappointing. So what if France is a first world country, so is Israel considered a first world country. It shouldn’t matter how rich, poor, ‘violent’, ‘peaceful’ or how democratic a country is, a massacre is just as bad as it is in France or elsewhere. Every now and then you hear about mass shootings in the US, they are considered an ally of Australia and guessing according to you they are considered in a ‘state of peace’ since there a western country. I don’t know what you are trying to get out. These killings and massacres can happen anywhere in the world and at any moment, and they are all of equal importance regardless of where they occur.

That analogy you put out works well for what you are trying to say, but obviously not what I am trying to say. I prefer you don’t speak for me, my ethnicity or religion is not relevant and if you insist I am interested in world issues and news as a whole. I usually don’t pick and choose what I care most about, I try my best give relevance to each world issue equally.
- There is no need for constant live coverage when an event like in Beirut or a drone attack happens as it is over in a few seconds. It only needs a report and a few interviews. The US is our ally and we didn't had rolling live coverage about the US shootings as you've mentioned. Are you too stupid to realise the difference between a hostage situation like France's and Australia's warrants live coverage and constant updates?
- Social media probably has gone into protest and havoc in middle eastern countries.
- Have middle eastern governments publicly condemning what happened in Beirut AND Paris? Don't get angsty because Sydney/Dublin/New York hasn't lit up their monuments or had leaders making speeches for a random event in the ever chaotic 'East'. Don't be jealous of western solidarity, be angry that the East has almost none except when it comes to hating on da joo's heh

Your ethnicity and religion is extremely relevant.
If you are interested in world issues and news as a whole why has almost every single piece of news you've complained passionately about getting no coverage been about not only middle eastern countries but muslim majority ones? Where's the whinging about how we glossed over the bombing in Thailand etc?

Face it, you are just as biased as everyone else.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Like lets be honest the little white boy from melb also became radicalised

an that ginger dude

Loudvicuna

HSC
And by stupid I mean people who are influenced easily, not uneducated people. Although there are many uneducated people, there are also many educated people who have become radicalised.
Agreed and also I think it's because a group of like-minded individuals congregate that feed off each others radical ideas which validates terrorism in their minds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)