Is Kurt Mathematics Centre good? (1 Viewer)

lohtus

HSC
N/A
Has anyone been to Kurt Mathematics Centre? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the money? I heard that many selective school students go there so I was wondering if they offered HSC 2 Unit Maths tutoring and how beneficial it would be for a me as maths is not my strongest subject.

Thanks in advanced

Shuuya

HSC
I've heard that Kurt's pretty crazy haha. He has camera's set up in the rooms to see if the kids are working properly when he leaves the room.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Kurt seems really popular. I think Dr Du would be better for you since they do offer 2U maths but it's really expensive

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I just realized but what is it about Kurt which makes all his lower achieving students improve?

Drsoccerball

HSC
Idk but Drsoccerball's tutoring is pretty good check him out ! LOL jks im crap.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
He makes you go there everyday during holidays (6 hours) if you do shit in an exam.

Kurt is not a tuition, it is a lifestyle.
Lol. What the hell. I thought he had a "special" teaching method which would make his lower achieving students improve

There's like some sort of dictatorship/totalitarianism there at Kurt

What does he make his students do at his tutoring centre during the holidays? Study maths or study all subjects? Lol.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Lol. What the hell. I thought he had a "special" teaching method which would make his lower achieving students improve

There's like some sort of dictatorship/totalitarianism there at Kurt

What does he make his students do at his tutoring centre during the holidays? Study maths or study all subjects? Lol.
Mate, he doesn't give a f. Its maths or die there. Apparently he throws textbooks there if you say stupid shit.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Yea you deserve to have textbooks thrown at you if you're a stupid kient

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Too bad i dont go there :) would have lost the remaining int points if i went there.

sida1049

HSC
Kurt also gives out detentions that are longer than those given at school by many factors.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I should make my bro go to kurt lmao it's gonna be funny to see his ass get shanked

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

sida1049

HSC
Though out of fairness, Kurt's authoritarian teaching style does seem bring out results.

sida1049

HSC
Also, not sure if this is just a strange coincidence, but no Kurt student I know has managed a Band 6 in English.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Also, not sure if this is just a strange coincidence, but no Kurt student I know has managed a Band 6 in English.
I managed a 96 in English Advanced and 50 in Ext 1.

Kurt is how I went from 24% average in year 11 to 89 final in 2U. I just found he had a very good way of explaining the conceptual theory behind the equations to me that clicked and helped me understand what I was doing as opposed to memorising formulas. Everything came together for me once he showed me what I was actually doing.

Then he just made me do a dickload of practice papers. Like a metric dickload.

In short, 10/10, would recommend.

He also had the top 5 students in 3U/4U at my school (selective).

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I managed a 96 in English Advanced and 50 in Ext 1.

Kurt is how I went from 24% average in year 11 to 89 final in 2U. I just found he had a very good way of explaining the conceptual theory behind the equations to me that clicked and helped me understand what I was doing as opposed to memorising formulas. Everything came together for me once he showed me what I was actually doing.

Then he just made me do a dickload of practice papers. Like a metric dickload.

In short, 10/10, would recommend.

He also had the top 5 students in 3U/4U at my school (selective).
So he does have an effective teaching method which makes his students improve (from being a dumbass to a higher achiever) rather than torturing them to study and by forcing them to attend numerous long day detentions. Haha, imagine of all tutoring centres were like this :p

Does he even care for your performance in other subjects like English (advanced), chemistry, physics, etc?

sida1049

HSC
Lol, not many people actually b6 english in our school.
To be fair, we did pretty well in Advanced English this year, an improvement of 80-100% in the number of Band 6 students from the other years.

Too many people from our school shits on our school without actually looking at the statistics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)