• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Wow why am I friends with you couldn't put it more normally
HAHAHHAHAHAHA o3o/

hamlet wanted to have sexual relations with his lovely mother who had sex with his uncle

edit happy 100
And what supports this Oedipus Complex theory? Because Oedipus Complex is explicitly killing the father and blindly having sex with the mother.

Hamlet didn't kill his father, it was a regicide and fratricide by Claudius.
And there were no sexual intimacy between Hamlet and Gertrude, rather there was a lot of anger towards Gertrude due to his moral dilemma regarding revenge fuelled by his sense of despair and betrayal, further accelerated by her disloyalty to King Hamlet.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Hamlet's complex characteristic is hella confusing. I agree there isn't an obvious Oedipus Complex, but then again we never knew what Shakespeare really thought when he created the character of Hamlet.

Freud's theorisation on Hamlet's inaction staples onto the repeating references and Hamlet's obsession towards Gertrude's sexuality. His sitting of the play could also be theorised that Hamlet imagined himself as the one who had murdered Gonzago, as if I remember correctly he sat through it twice - reenactments of the affair and the murder. Also, his beginning of his obsession with Gertrude kind of mirrored in his attitude towards Ophelia - filled with deceit and wickedness, also perhaps an expression of his feelings of betrayal towards his mother.

Last edited:

ml125

HSC
Brave New World would be a pretty good related text for After the Bomb but rip can't use it since it's prescribed for Adv ;A;
oh well
rip in peace

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Brave New World would be a pretty good related text for After the Bomb but rip can't use it since it's prescribed for Adv ;A;
oh well
rip in peace
My friend used "Life of Pi" for his related for Discovery and didn't get in trouble.. so IDK

ml125

HSC
Back at the passive tutoring again lelele #povolyf

The girl next to me is getting tutored for TS Eliot holy shit

My luck :')))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)